Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    All that being said I still feel using Spider-gwen in 616 takes away from some of gwen's death.Like old man logan and logan.It still has impact but not as much.The gwen miles stuff is harmful for both since miles needs to be differentiated from gwen and other reasons posted above.Honestly the only reason they are popular is because ITSV.I hope to good we don't get a romance but I have a bad feeling we will get one.And if we get one in movies it will come into the comics.Ugh
    There is nothing harmful about it bro but if that’s what you want to believe go right ahead. I’ve talked to plenty of spidey fans and casuals that don’t mind it and are actually looking forward to the development, to each his own you do you dawg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread11 View Post
    There is nothing harmful about it bro but if that’s what you want to believe go right ahead. I’ve talked to plenty of spidey fans and casuals that don’t mind it and are actually looking forward to the development, to each his own you do you dawg
    Are you talking about the movie or the comic.It's fine in the movie but it will influence the comics which is where the problem arises.Happened for the first one.To each there own.Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ******123 View Post
    Gwen has this issue where she’s basically a completely different character every single time she shows up in different media. Peter, Harry and Mary Jane have the same general template and while their exact structures might change they’re still recognizable - Peter’s the nice underdog from a poor family, Mary Jane is the one with energetic and driven girl next door, Harry is the lonely rich kid with a crappy dad. Their personalities generally remain consistent as well outside of oneshot AU’s.

Gwen on the other hand just bounces all over the fucking place. The only thing that remains consistent is her having a police chief dad, literlaly everything else is a grab bag. Her personality, social status, intelligence, level of competency...basically everything just shifts depending in whatever the writers wants.

Hell, even the three main Spider-Gwens we have are pretty different. Comics Gwen is a very emotional person who often leaps before she acts, has a rebellious streak a mile wide and had major self loathing issues. Spiderverse Gwen is very mature and level headed despite her young age who’s closed off from others due to her Peter’s death. Also a ballet expert. Then there’s Rising Gwen who’s shown to be a tech genius like most Peters are in addition to having a somewhat bitter and spiteful personality prior to joining the Secret Warriors. Somehow I can’t see comics or spiderverse Gwen fighting and insulting cops, for example.
    Rising Gwen is a cross between comics Gwen and the one from the Disney XD Spider-Man cartoon. She was in a band like the comics version but had the intellect of the one from Spider-Man.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Rising Gwen is a cross between comics Gwen and the one from the Disney XD Spider-Man cartoon. She was in a band like the comics version but had the intellect of the one from Spider-Man.
    I also mentioned before that she’s much more bitter and prone to going solo even when offered help. Her fighting with the cops during her intro when comics Gwen makes a point of always running and avoiding combat with the law is also pretty noteworthy.

A slight thing, but she’s also the singer alongside Mary Jane given that she sings solo during one of their concerts due to Dove Cameron also being a singer. Makes you wonder why the band is still named after Mary Jane if that’s the case. Seems like Gwen would be the lead.

I also mentioned before that she’s much more bitter and prone to going solo even when offered help. Her fighting with the cops during her intro when comics Gwen makes a point of always running and avoiding combat with the law is also pretty noteworthy.

A slight thing, but she’s also the singer alongside Mary Jane given that she sings solo during one of their concerts due to Dove Cameron also being a singer. Makes you wonder why the band is still named after Mary Jane if that’s the case. Seems like Gwen would be the lead.

I assume Mary Jane formed the band, so she probably had first dibs on the name...

(Although Tara Strong can sing too).

Astonishing Member

Any idea about when are we going to see the aftermatch of the "King in Black" tie-ins?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Any idea about when are we going to see the aftermatch of the "King in Black" tie-ins?
    I'm expecting Marvel to do another line-wide relaunch later in the year. Gwen will probably have a new title as part of it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I'm expecting Marvel to do another line-wide relaunch later in the year. Gwen will probably have a new title as part of it.
    I hope so. I want to know what happened to her dimension's counterpart of Mary Jane.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I hope so. I want to know what happened to her dimension's counterpart of Mary Jane.
    Same here. With both remnants of the Knull-spawned Carnage symbiote and Gwen's symbiotic spiders inside her still . . . maybe she'll become the Earth-65 Scarlet Spider.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Is that so? Makes me wonder if Bubbles (who is played by Dove Cameron) will end up breaking into song often on that new Powerpuff show.

I see the username got censored when quoting that. Reported.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-26-2021 at 03:42 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

heroes reborn cover variant

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

The art looks good.The interior art is good as well.The idea is stupid though.
    Do we think she is going to be related to Peter.Also please no barbara bruce shenanigains.
    Not looking forward to this.
    I may check it out just for the art.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    The art looks good.The interior art is good as well.The idea is stupid though.
    Do we think she is going to be related to Peter.Also please no barbara bruce shenanigains.
    Not looking forward to this.
    I may check it out just for the art.
    If Gwen is Batgirl, I thought his father would be "Commissioner Gordon", not Luke Cage. I definitely prefer Gwen as Ghost Spider over this.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Da da da da da da da, Batman, Batman (or Batgirl in this case)!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."