Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Peter B. is clearly based off of the Raimi Spider-Man (to the point that the producers even considered casting Tobey Maguire before deciding against the idea). Gwen means nothing to him. (You don't need to bring up the kiss in Spider-Man 3.)
    Oh for sure.As I said before,It would add another layer to Peter(as in the comics) but they want the focus on miles.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    I don’t have any issue with pairing Spider-Gwen with Miles. Spider-Gwen is for all intents and purposes a separate character to 616 Gwen Stacy who basically only shares with her a name, blonde hair with a headband, and the fact her dad is a police captain named George Stacy. Spider-Gwen has a entirely different personality, life, and interests, etc.

The best comparison I can think of to the Spider-Gwen and 616 Gwen Stacy being different versions of the same character but also basically different characters entirety is the whole deal with Ultimate Jessica Drew and 616 Jessica Drew, who are also different versions of the same character but also two separate characters entirely.

Spider-Gwen has never been with Peter romantically, she’s only ever been with Miles, so I see no issue with the pairing since it’s literally the only one Spider-Gwen has ever had.
    I don't like not because she dated Peter in the main universe, I don't like it because it doesn't help with the fact that Miles has a forgettable cast(besides Peters) and villains(besides Peter).It would be great to give him something that is not a hand me down from Peter.

I don’t have any issue with pairing Spider-Gwen with Miles. Spider-Gwen is for all intents and purposes a separate character to 616 Gwen Stacy who basically only shares with her a name, blonde hair with a headband, and the fact her dad is a police captain named George Stacy. Spider-Gwen otherwise has a entirely different personality, life, and interests, etc to 616 Gwen Stacy.

The best comparison I can think of to the Spider-Gwen and 616 Gwen Stacy being different versions of the same character but also basically different characters entirety is the whole deal with Ultimate Jessica Drew and 616 Jessica Drew, who are also different versions of the same character but also two separate characters entirely.

Spider-Gwen has never been with Peter romantically, she’s only ever been with Miles, so I see no issue with the pairing since it’s literally the only one Spider-Gwen has ever had.
    Dude, your statement is objectively wrong. 65 Gwen and 616 Gwen are different versions of the same exact character. MJ and Black Widow are two characters who both have long red hair but are totally different individuals not so these two blondes who are mere variants of one person. The two Jessica Drews share a name one is her own thing the other is a gender-bent clone of Peter Parker they have nothing in common beyond a name, unlike the Gwens.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-13-2021 at 08:42 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Dude, your statement is objectively wrong. 65 Gwen and 616 Gwen are different versions of the same exact character. MJ and Black Widow are two characters who both have long red hair but are totally different individuals not so these two blondes who are mere variants of one person.
    This^^^(I didn't mention this in mine but it's a great point,Thanks)

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    This^^^(I didn't mention this in mine but it's a great point,Thanks)
    I don't mind debates in comic books (that's half the fun) but we have to act in good faith or remain intellectually honest if you prefer. Spider-Gwen is a different take on Gwen Stacy nothing more nothing less. If there had been no 616 Gwen Stacy there would be no Spider-Gwen they are inexorably linked.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I don't mind debates in comic books (that's half the fun) but we have to act in good faith or remain intellectually honest if you prefer. Spider-Gwen is a different take on Gwen Stacy nothing more nothing less. If there had been no 616 Gwen Stacy there would be no Spider-Gwen they are inexorably linked.
    Completely agreed.Also on another note,they really need to stop making more gwens.Gwenpool,Spider-gwen and now Night-Gwen in the new heroes reborn stuff.It's too much.

I don't like not because she dated Peter in the main universe, I don't like it because it doesn't help with the fact that Miles has a forgettable cast(besides Peters) and villains(besides Peter).It would be great to give him something that is not a hand me down from Peter.
    Your problem is that your to focus on trying to compare him to peter and I see this issue a lot in this fandom. A lot of spidey fans sadly like to hold on to the past “WAY” to much when it comes to certain characters and stories. Miles and spidergwen are their own characters and should never be compared to their 616 counterparts especially SpiderGwen who doesn’t carry any of the same history or experiences as 616 Gwen. Miles to is walking a completely different path and life style compared to peter. There is absolutely nothing wrong with them being a thing what so ever. It’s new and fresh imo and if written well in the films or comics can be a standout when it comes to relationships in the Spider-Man mythos. The first interracial multiverse spider couple which has never been done before. I will agree that his current supporting cast isn’t as strong as it was back in 1610 but has potential to grow along with his rouge gallery if given time.

Miles definetly needs more original stuff.Miles and gwen is awful and I hope it is forgotten asap.It's bad for both Miles and Peter.Miles's new Barbara and Starling are rip-off's of MJ and Black cat in their dynamic.It's not good but it ain't bad either.Ms marvel is also closer to nova.Miles also needs better stories and villans.Spider man no more and now clone saga.really hope they send him back to the 1610.He was so much better there.
    I prefer seeing things unfold slowly so them being friends at first is fine as long as I get to see how it grows in a well written and genuine way.

I don’t have any issue with pairing Spider-Gwen with Miles. Spider-Gwen is for all intents and purposes a separate character to 616 Gwen Stacy who basically only shares with her a name, blonde hair with a headband, and the fact her dad is a police captain named George Stacy. Spider-Gwen otherwise has a entirely different personality, life, and interests, etc to 616 Gwen Stacy.

I agree very well put.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread11 View Post
    Your problem is that your to focus on trying to compare him to peter and I see this issue a lot in this fandom. A lot of spidey fans sadly like to hold on to the past “WAY” to much when it comes to certain characters and stories. Miles and spidergwen are their own characters and should never be compared to their 616 counterparts especially SpiderGwen who doesn’t carry any of the same history or experiences as 616 Gwen. Miles to is walking a completely different path and life style compared to peter. There is absolutely nothing wrong with them being a thing what so ever. It’s new and fresh imo and if written well in the films or comics can be a standout when it comes to relationships in the Spider-Man mythos. The first interracial multiverse spider couple which has never been done before. I will agree that his current supporting cast isn’t as strong as it was back in 1610 but has potential to grow along with his rouge gallery if given time.
    It's not my problem or the fandoms.They share the same name in the same city.Not only do they share the name they are linked by the Web of life and destiny.
    Miles and his 616 counterpart have been compared and put against one another in the current run.Also as someone above said-They are counterparts and will always be compared.Gwen from the 1610 is a good character but keeping her in the 616 is the problem, same with miles.This Earth already has enough Spiders in Peter,Jessica,Cindy,Anya,Julia and Miguel.
    Also peter was an important part of Gwen's origin on her earth.It's not fresh.And anything "written well" can standout.Idea is just as important as execution.If the idea is bad the finished product will never reach the mark no matter how good its executed.The first "interracial multiverse Spider"-dude come on, it's the only multiversal Spider relationship.Those are a bad idea in general.keeping those 2,specially Gwen on 616 is a bad idea.Gwen was good in her solo titles and in the Spider-verse but now has become lost in 616.
    It's about making the character unique.Giving him Pete's sloppy seconds doesn't achieve that.
    Even in the 1610 his supporting cast never got the time to grow.Only good ones were Pete's.Also he has one villain at most,his 616 counterpart.

Extraordinary Member

I prefer seeing things unfold slowly so them being friends at first is fine as long as I get to see how it grows in a well written and genuine way.
    Agreed,they have the potential.I loved Spider-man and ms marvel(The originals) date and their sparring session and siege tie-in with venom and her venting to him about mystique.I would love if we got a double date sort of situation with mentor and student.If the kid versions went out maybe we can see the originals interact again so I am all for it(all though kelly dosen't like Spider-marvel).I think miles could vibe with bombshell or maybe some young mutant at Krakoa.

Extraordinary Member

"Dude, your statement is objectively wrong. 65 Gwen and 616 Gwen are different versions of the same exact character. MJ and Black Widow are two characters who both have long red hair but are totally different individuals not so these two blondes who are mere variants of one person. The two Jessica Drews share a name one is her own thing the other is a gender-bent clone of Peter Parker they have nothing in common beyond a name, unlike the Gwens."
    Celgress answered your point about Gwen perfectly

1610 Jessica is IN NAME ONLY - her real counterpart is Ben Reilly. At least the two versions of Gwen have the same backstory... until it diverges when the spider bites Gwen instead of Peter. Earth-65 itself isn't a for want of a nail world compared to 616 like many AUs are, that's where most of the differences lie. For example, the existence of the band, when in 616, MJ didn't meet Gwen until later on, and Betty and Glory aren't even the same age (Betty was an adult secretary at the Bugle when Peter was just starting out at aged 15).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    1610 Jessica is IN NAME ONLY - her real counterpart is Ben Reilly. At least the two versions of Gwen have the same backstory... until it diverges when the spider bites Gwen instead of Peter. Earth-65 itself isn't a for want of a nail world compared to 616 like many AUs are, that's where most of the differences lie. For example, the existence of the band, when in 616, MJ didn't meet Gwen until later on, and Betty and Glory aren't even the same age (Betty was an adult secretary at the Bugle when Peter was just starting out at aged 15).
    Agreed,Jessica from 1610 and 616 are wildly different.They are like MJ from 616 and then zendaya interpretation(I know she is Michelle jones but they named her MJ beacuse popularity).but 616 and 65 gwen are very similar in childhood and their intrinsic values.

Fantastic Member

Agreed,Jessica from 1610 and 616 are wildly different.They are like MJ from 616 and then zendaya interpretation(I know she is Michelle jones but they named her MJ beacuse popularity).but 616 and 65 gwen are very similar in childhood and their intrinsic values.
    Not really? 616 Gwen was a high society rich girl and publicly known as being one of the prettiest women in ESU. This Gwen is more of a punk rocker tomboy who's very clearly distinct from her 616 counterpart. I mean can you see 616 Gwen Stacy playing in a band, fighting off bullies or playing Dungeons and Dragons? I sure can't, any more than I can see 65 Gwen going to high society parties and playing the role of the socialite. 616 Gwen herself points out how 65 Gwen is nothing like her:

Peter says they're similar but it kinda comes across like he's just placating Gwen than anything else.

There are also some other differences like the Stacy's relative wealth. 616 Captain Stacy is clearly high ranked and there was an uptown girl vibe between her and Peter. 65 Gwen lived right next door to the Parkers and appears to be upper middle class at best, removing the disparity between her and Peter. Just because they're dimensional counterparts doesn't mean they're really similar. 65 Gwen really has more similarities to Ultimate Gwen given her status as a rough and tumble punk.