Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think she's probably fine with putting Gwen in relationships with girls. As far as Spider-Gwen X MJ, I think if she did it she'd do it to turn MJ into a Gwen cheerleader who gushes about how great she is.
    I definitely think there would be some friction between them if Marvel were to put them in a relationship. But as I said, I'm not expecting them to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I definitely think there would be some friction between them if Marvel were to put them in a relationship. But as I said, I'm not expecting them to.
    There's already enough friction between them now .

Extraordinary Member

There's already enough friction between them now .
    Cue the scissor scene....

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

That was one heartbreaker of a fight, although Em Jay wasn't completely wrong. Gwen running away from her world, even if she was chased out by the Storm siblings, was still basically an abandonment of her responsibilities to the people in her life. That said, Em Jay going on a murderous rampage on behalf of Knull . . . not the best way to handle those abandonment issues. Not at all.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Read Gwenom vs Carnage 2:

spoilers:

Read Gwenom vs Carnage and it feels better than the previous run so far. The fight itself I kinda gloss over like many comic fights but the flashbacks are really interestimg. It establishes that Mary Jane and Gwen did know each orher for a while but, either due to getting her powers or just her personality in general, Gwen actually seemed to be kind of a bad friend. When Mary Jane was excitedly telling her all about the band Gwen just goes ‘uh-huh’ and clearly doesn‘t pay her much attention, which built up her resentment.

Also, Gwen finally snaps back at the whole ‘I wanna be special!’ rant by pointing out she never asked for any of the **** she’s been through. When Mary Jane asks why it’s always about her (Gwen) she outright tells her it’s because Mary Jane made it all about Gwen due to projecting her issues and jealousy onto her, which I really like. Gwen never asked for her powers and yet Peter, Mary Jane, Matt Murdock, Vulture and even Punisher envied, targeted or hated her because she could do things they couldn’t.

I’m just confused on the timeline. The prom is listed as ‘several years later’ so when did the first hangout take place? 1st year? Middle school? Mary Jane talks about prom like it’s upcoming but then it’s years later? Also didn’t the new canon establish Gwen got bitten at 17? So she didn’t have powers yet during the first hangout but was already kinda standoffish? She didn‘t act like that in her flashbacks with Peter and Harry.

I also kinda don’t like how Gwen kinda refers to Venom as some toxic parasite that she just kinda lives with. What happened to trying to understand and nurture it? Now it’s just a powersuit she tolerates?

Also, as pointed out in other forums and sites:

https://imgur.com/a/4igY3c4

Apparently these two look like they’re scissoring? Not an expert so I can’t judge. Either way it’s clear a lot of Mary Jane’s issues are due to a desire to be special and an inferiority complex towards Gwen apparently before Gwen even received powers.

end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Read Gwenom vs Carnage 2:

spoilers:

Read Gwenom vs Carnage and it feels better than the previous run so far. The fight itself I kinda gloss over like many comic fights but the flashbacks are really interestimg. It establishes that Mary Jane and Gwen did know each orher for a while but, either due to getting her powers or just her personality in general, Gwen actually seemed to be kind of a bad friend. When Mary Jane was excitedly telling her all about the band Gwen just goes ‘uh-huh’ and clearly doesn‘t pay her much attention, which built up her resentment.

Also, Gwen finally snaps back at the whole ‘I wanna be special!’ rant by pointing out she never asked for any of the **** she’s been through. When Mary Jane asks why it’s always about her (Gwen) she outright tells her it’s because Mary Jane made it all about Gwen due to projecting her issues and jealousy onto her, which I really like. Gwen never asked for her powers and yet Peter, Mary Jane, Matt Murdock, Vulture and even Punisher envied, targeted or hated her because she could do things they couldn’t.

I’m just confused on the timeline. The prom is listed as ‘several years later’ so when did the first hangout take place? 1st year? Middle school? Mary Jane talks about prom like it’s upcoming but then it’s years later? Also didn’t the new canon establish Gwen got bitten at 17? So she didn’t have powers yet during the first hangout but was already kinda standoffish? She didn‘t act like that in her flashbacks with Peter and Harry.

I also kinda don’t like how Gwen kinda refers to Venom as some toxic parasite that she just kinda lives with. What happened to trying to understand and nurture it? Now it’s just a powersuit she tolerates?

Also, as pointed out in other forums and sites:

https://imgur.com/a/4igY3c4

Apparently these two look like they’re scissoring? Not an expert so I can’t judge. Either way it’s clear a lot of Mary Jane’s issues are due to a desire to be special and an inferiority complex towards Gwen apparently before Gwen even received powers.

end of spoilers
    Generally concur, and yeah, considering that 616 MJ had to deal with a troubled home life due to her abusive father, I wouldn't be surprised if that was also the start of Earth-65 Mary Jane's issues with wanting to be special and feeling inferior to others (especially Gwen, whom she seems to covet for more than just her superpowered specialness).

Fantastic Member

Read Gwenom vs Carnage 3. Nothing much to say except this:

spoilers:

I think the end is hinting that Mary Jane still has a bit of Carnage in her. Whether she can actually use it I have no clue since Gwen continuously brings up how Mary Jane will die due to her not being resistant to radiation. 65-MJ is also still stuck in Earth-616 until Knull is defeated so hopefully we can see her and Gwen interacting before she's sent back. Hopefully Gwen goes with her since she really needs to deal with the Storms and Jackal.

end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ******123 View Post

spoilers:

I think the end is hinting that Mary Jane still has a bit of Carnage in her. Whether she can actually use it I have no clue since Gwen continuously brings up how Mary Jane will die due to her not being resistant to radiation. 65-MJ is also still stuck in Earth-616 until Knull is defeated so hopefully we can see her and Gwen interacting before she's sent back. Hopefully Gwen goes with her since she really needs to deal with the Storms and Jackal.

end of spoilers
    Generally agreed, spoilers:
    though I did like that Earth-65 Mary Jane wasn't written off as a lost cause. Still, if she does retain a bit of Knull's symbiote and the Earth-65 Venom symbiote . . . well, that's gonna be something. Maybe once she and Gwen work through their issues, they can become a spider-powered duo and take it to the Earth-65 Storms. Of course, Gwen has to get her "Ticket to the Multiverse" functioning properly again.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ******123 View Post

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I've seen speculation that they'll try and restart the band on 616 now so they can retain that aspect.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I've seen speculation that they'll try and restart the band on 616 now so they can retain that aspect.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Can the 616 handle two Mary Janes?
    end of spoilers

So Batgirl but blonde heh.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    So Batgirl but blonde heh.
    Miles is already Tim Drake Robin. And Peter is brunette Jimmy Olsen.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Miles is already Tim Drake Robin. And Peter is brunette Jimmy Olsen.
    More interesting is that she will be fighting Jackal. It seems like Gwen will never be rid of that character.it could be Clone Saga, Ghost Spider or this new version of Gwen.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    More interesting is that she will be fighting Jackal. It seems like Gwen will never be rid of that character.it could be Clone Saga, Ghost Spider or this new version of Gwen.
    Well, he’s her nemesis after all. Daredevil can’t be rid of Kingpin. Cap can’t be rid of Red Skull