Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This reminds me of that Secret Wars A-Force panel where Gwen saves Mary Jane in a homage to the Amazing Fantasy cover.

I don't think about it too deeply, but shippers gonna ship .
    Yeah but that Mary Jane looked more like her 616 counterpart rather than the more diva 65-MJ.

This reminds me of that Secret Wars A-Force panel where Gwen saves Mary Jane in a homage to the Amazing Fantasy cover.

The implication should be that there's more than one Spider-Gwen in the multiverse. And in some, she and her world's Mary Jane are in a relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Yeah but that Mary Jane looked more like her 616 counterpart rather than the more diva 65-MJ.
    The first art looked like 616 MJ too (maybe a little more punk rock).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The implication should be that there's more than one Spider-Gwen in the multiverse. And in some, she and her world's Mary Jane are in a relationship.
    Probably a world where Peter and Johnny are a thing too.

Probably a world where Peter and Johnny are a thing too.
    Poor Matt.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

So seeing these fanarts makes me wonder:

https://alalasp.tumblr.com/post/6395...1618304/gwenmj

https://thefatedmeeting.tumblr.com/p...dfulhapiness-a

Would a GweMJ pairing actually work considering how much more volatile and self-centered Mary Jane is in Earth-65 compared to most media? I know it's been discussed in other threads but mostly in the sense if Gwen would even reciprocate due to sexual orientation.

Yeah, I'm hoping Gwenom vs. Carnage ends in their reconciliation. Anything more than that, I'll just leave up to the writers, the fans, the editors, or whoever has final say in these things.

Poor Matt.
    As someone who appreciates the friendship between Spider-Man and Daredevil (a lot more when they knew/remembered each other's real names and faces), right there with you. Tying back to Spider-Gwen, what did you think of Matt "Murderdock's" dynamic with Gwen?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

So seeing these fanarts makes me wonder:

https://alalasp.tumblr.com/post/6395...1618304/gwenmj

https://thefatedmeeting.tumblr.com/p...dfulhapiness-a

Would a GweMJ pairing actually work considering how much more volatile and self-centered Mary Jane is in Earth-65 compared to most media? I know it's been discussed in other threads but mostly in the sense if Gwen would even reciprocate due to sexual orientation.
    No way, pal!!! They may not be the main Gwen and MJ, but they still have to respect the "essence" of the originals. Besides, I like much more the pairing between Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen. A reconciliation after "King is Black" is in order, but as friends. Besides, based on what happened in the animated series of "Ultimate Spider-Man", this Mary Jane could actually end up becoming her dimension's Scarlet Spider. (She wore the costume in Halloween).

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    As someone who appreciates the friendship between Spider-Man and Daredevil (a lot more when they knew/remembered each other's real names and faces), right there with you. Tying back to Spider-Gwen, what did you think of Matt "Murderdock's" dynamic with Gwen?
    (I could have also just as easily said "Poor Harry".)

It was an interesting set-up to have the hero rely on the villain for their powers.

Yeah, I'm hoping Gwenom vs. Carnage ends in their reconciliation. Anything more than that, I'll just leave up to the writers, the fans, the editors, or whoever has final say in these things.
    I'd be surprised if Marvel actually had the guts to go there.

Extraordinary Member

(I could have also just as easily said "Poor Harry".)

It was an interesting set-up to have the hero rely on the villain for their powers.

I'd be surprised if Marvel actually had the guts to go there.
    We already know Earth-65 is queer and into girls.

And Gwen thought one song MJ sang was about her.

There’s more evidence than against when it comes to Earth-65 Mary Jane. It’s Ghost-Spider herself that’s the real question?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    We already know Earth-65 is queer and into girls.

And Gwen thought one song MJ sang was about her.

There’s more evidence than against when it comes to Earth-65 Mary Jane. It’s Ghost-Spider herself that’s the real question?
    Oh, I know E-65 MJ is queer. The question is if Marvel would be willing to say their very popular Spider-Gwen is also queer. And that's where I have my doubts. (I would love to be proven wrong.)

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/DEC200507

Gwenom vs. Carnage #2 preview.

Extraordinary Member

Oh, I know E-65 MJ is queer. The question is if Marvel would be willing to say their very popular Spider-Gwen is also queer. And that's where I have my doubts. (I would love to be proven wrong.)
    Saying she’s bisexual isn’t that far a leap, looking at her history.

Earth-65 Peter never had a chance. So that only leaves Harry who she briefly dated, and potential interest in Miles.

Saying she’s bisexual isn’t that far a leap, looking at her history.

Earth-65 Peter never had a chance. So that only leaves Harry who she briefly dated, and potential interest in Miles.
    The thing is this isn't about limited options for dates for the character. The issue is Marvel may be afraid to say this character is queer because they are afraid of a potential backlash from more conservative circles. But, as I said, I'd love to be proven wrong on this issue.

Extraordinary Member

The thing is this isn't about limited options for dates for the character. The issue is Marvel may be afraid to say this character is queer because they are afraid of a potential backlash from more conservative circles. But, as I said, I'd love to be proven wrong on this issue.
    True. But I look at McGuire’s choice to make Mary Jane the focus of this Knull event for Gwen, and I can’t help but wonder.

Plus, with authors own bisexuality.

The current leadership isn’t afraid now to let long running Avenger Hercules or sacred X-Woman Kate Pryde come out. As opposed to a few years before.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 02-01-2021 at 02:50 PM.

True. But I look at McGuire’s choice to make Mary Jane the focus of this Knull event for Gwen, and I can’t help but wonder.

Plus, with authors own bisexuality.

The current leadership isn’t afraid now to let long running Avenger Hercules or sacred X-Woman Kate Pryde come out. As opposed to a few years before.
    That's true too. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    No way, pal!!! They may not be the main Gwen and MJ, but they still have to respect the "essence" of the originals. Besides, I like much more the pairing between Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen. A reconciliation after "King is Black" is in order, but as friends. Besides, based on what happened in the animated series of "Ultimate Spider-Man", this Mary Jane could actually end up becoming her dimension's Scarlet Spider. (She wore the costume in Halloween).

I agree with this 100%