Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    So Batgirl but blonde heh.
    You know there's been a blonde Batgirl twice before, right? In the Batman and Robin movie and when Spoiler became Batgirl.

Anyway, yeah, she's a Batgirl expy, with a codename, Nightbird, that's reminiscent of Nightwing, and with a secret identity (psychiatrist in an asylum) that's pretty much Harley Quinn. Ironic that she's basically a Nighthawk sidekick, but his other sidekick (Falcon) ends up getting the fate she had in the main universe (getting killed by Green Goblin).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You know there's been a blonde Batgirl twice before, right? In the Batman and Robin movie and when Spoiler became Batgirl.

Anyway, yeah, she's a Batgirl expy, with a codename, Nightbird, that's reminiscent of Nightwing, and with a secret identity (psychiatrist in an asylum) that's pretty much Harley Quinn. Ironic that she's basically a Nighthawk sidekick, but his other sidekick (Falcon) ends up getting the fate she had in the main universe (getting killed by Green Goblin).
    It seems like Nighthawk has basically usurped Spider-Man in this universe, right down to the Rogues and spinoff characters.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I said this before, but in a weird way I respect Marvel's restraint. Even though they are doing all these tie-in's, they're still all independent one-shots that aren't actually interrupting the flow of ongoings. The Marvel of old would've halted all of their books and replaced them with these AU tie-ins.

And yeah it's interesting, this is the original Gwen Stacy, not Spider-Gwen. Since in this Universe, Peter was never Spider-Man so Norman never developed his obsession with him and kidnapped Gwen. I'm interested if Peter will appear in this book in this case since the two should hypothetically still have been friends from college? Though honestly, a non superhero Peter probably would've ended up staying in his relationship with Betty.

-------

Also did anyone notice? I know Gwen is supposed to be a mixture of Barbara and Harley Quinn, but her costume is totally an amalgam of Nightwing and Stephanie Brown's suits.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 03-06-2021 at 11:36 AM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Also did anyone notice? I know Gwen is supposed to be a mixture of Barbara and Harley Quinn, but her costume is totally an amalgam of Nightwing and Stephanie Brown's suits.
    Well, there's a "night" in her codename and she's blonde...and yeah, I thought of Harley too with her being a psychiatrist. Actually, with 616 Gwen's emotional problems, her becoming a psychiatrist actually makes sense.

It is kind of funny for me to see them finally leaning into the Batgirl role for Gwen here since that's kind of what people have assumed of her in relation to Peter and Miles, although we don't really see it that much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, there's a "night" in her codename and she's blonde...and yeah, I thought of Harley too with her being a psychiatrist. Actually, with 616 Gwen's emotional problems, her becoming a psychiatrist actually makes sense.

It is kind of funny for me to see them finally leaning into the Batgirl role for Gwen here since that's kind of what people have assumed of her in relation to Peter and Miles, although we don't really see it that much.
    True, but Batgirl has also been written as less close to Batman than any of the Robins, since she has her own family and home-life outside of Wayne Manor.

Extraordinary Member

The biggest thing is that Gwen and Babs Batgirl are daughters of the commissioner type cop

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ******123 View Post
    So seeing these fanarts makes me wonder:

https://alalasp.tumblr.com/post/6395...1618304/gwenmj

https://thefatedmeeting.tumblr.com/p...dfulhapiness-a

Would a GweMJ pairing actually work considering how much more volatile and self-centered Mary Jane is in Earth-65 compared to most media? I know it's been discussed in other threads but mostly in the sense if Gwen would even reciprocate due to sexual orientation.
    It is not a romantic pairing, but I would be interested in seeing Gwen and 616 MJ as friends. It would be interesting to see Gwen talk about 65 MJ to 616 MJ and MJ discuss Original Gwen with Ghost Spider.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I said this before, but in a weird way I respect Marvel's restraint. Even though they are doing all these tie-in's, they're still all independent one-shots that aren't actually interrupting the flow of ongoings. The Marvel of old would've halted all of their books and replaced them with these AU tie-ins.

And yeah it's interesting, this is the original Gwen Stacy, not Spider-Gwen. Since in this Universe, Peter was never Spider-Man so Norman never developed his obsession with him and kidnapped Gwen. I'm interested if Peter will appear in this book in this case since the two should hypothetically still have been friends from college? Though honestly, a non superhero Peter probably would've ended up staying in his relationship with Betty.

-------

Funny enough, Stephanie Brown was supposed to be Nightwing in the Season 11 Smallville comics that picked up where the TV series left off after its ten seasons, but Dan DiDio vetoed that and made the writer use Barbara Gordon instead.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Recurring character, daughter of a chief of police... Yeah, this is something that I was suspecting to come. Bu I have to say, the part of "Dr Gwen Stacy, psychiatry doctor" makes me think more about "Harley Queen". Also, it surprises me Luke Cage is Commisioner Gordon instead of Captain Stacy.

Quote Originally Posted by ******123 View Post
    Read Gwenom vs Carnage 3. Nothing much to say except this:

spoilers:

I think the end is hinting that Mary Jane still has a bit of Carnage in her. Whether she can actually use it I have no clue since Gwen continuously brings up how Mary Jane will die due to her not being resistant to radiation. 65-MJ is also still stuck in Earth-616 until Knull is defeated so hopefully we can see her and Gwen interacting before she's sent back. Hopefully Gwen goes with her since she really needs to deal with the Storms and Jackal.

end of spoilers
    Yeah, I was expecting Mary Jane's surprise, especially since this is a nightmarish version of what happened in "Ultimate Spider-Man". I can see MJ becoming Scarlet Spider next.

Still, it would be interesting if both Earth-65 and Earth-616's Mary Janes meet each other.

Silk 1 cover variant

silk 2 cover variant Kael Ngu

Portada de Tyler Kirkham para Miles Morales: Spider-Man #25 exclusiva de Unknown Comic Books

Haven't seen much interaction with either of them since their respective crossovers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    silk 2 cover variant Kael Ngu

Portada de Tyler Kirkham para Miles Morales: Spider-Man #25 exclusiva de Unknown Comic Books

Man they really are trying to undermine of Peter huh.This is why I don't like the other Spiders.They don't even give a homage to Peter.
    Also the miles gwen ship is disgusting

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Man they really are trying to undermine of Peter huh.This is why I don't like the other Spiders.They don't even give a homage to Peter.
    Also the miles gwen ship is disgusting
    I wouldn't go that far, however, I'd prefer if Miles were shipped with Bombshell or Ms. Marvel instead. Miles deserves better than Peter's sloppy seconds (it's bad enough he's getting his own Clone Saga, IMO). I know 616 Gwen and Spider-Gwen/Ghost Spider are technically different characters but it still feels shady to me as well as a little creepy.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-08-2021 at 07:13 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

What about Starling?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman