Page 37 of 104 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I forgot all about that one.
    did it even start?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    As do I.

I can't help but feel the stuff were are getting now is, frankly, unnecessary filler so Spencer can pad out his run. Is it fun, sure. Does it serve a purpose in the overall established run narrative, not really. So, yeah, MJ could go about her own business for a while with no problems.
    I really do not get the purpose of padding the run. A writer can have a “Short and Sweet” run and be successful. Obviously Ditko, but Conway and Stern as well. When a writer stays too long his production simply decreases or he fails to accomplish what he set out to do ( see JMS and Sins Past). Look at Romita Senior. The stories after the drug issues were meh ( and Amazing got good again after Conway took over and we got the Hulk story). The best Spencer stories were Gibbon and separating Peter from Spider-Man and the more recent stuff like Kingpin and Last Remains the worst:

Extraordinary Member

As do I.

I can't help but feel the stuff were are getting now is, frankly, unnecessary filler so Spencer can pad out his run. Is it fun, sure. Does it serve a purpose in the overall established run narrative, not really. So, yeah, MJ could go about her own business for a while with no problems.
    Spencer was always going to finish the MJ arc in his book.Kindred used mysterio to get MJ away from pete.The first arc was part of it.They saw how well it did and wanted to do more.Then it got cancelled.
    As much as I want AMJ back it means that we don't get MJ in ASM.Spencer writes a great MJ and half the fun is seeing Pete and MJ together.
    I would much rather have MJ be a main part of ASM after the Kindred OMD stuff than have her on a solo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    did it even start?
    I think 2 issues came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Spencer was always going to finish the MJ arc in his book.Kindred used mysterio to get MJ away from pete.The first arc was part of it.They saw how well it did and wanted to do more.Then it got cancelled.
    As much as I want AMJ back it means that we don't get MJ in ASM.Spencer writes a great MJ and half the fun is seeing Pete and MJ together.
    I would much rather have MJ be a main part of ASM after the Kindred OMD stuff than have her on a solo.
    The issue is it got cancelled one issue into the 2nd arc where MJ gets forced into witsec without being able to call or talk to anyone.

Arrow

So would I. However, I fear this reveal will not change the status quo one lick due to the well-known Post-OMD Editorial Mandate. I know I'm not getting my hopes up in that department.
    Last edited by Celgress; 05-27-2021 at 02:28 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

So would I. However, I fear this reveal will not change the status quo one lick due to the well-known Post-OMD Editorial Mandate. I know I'm not getting my hopes up in that department.
    I have hopes.It may be foolish but the fact that they are finally addressing OMD and going at it head on makes me think that there is a good chance that the status quo will change.

Astonishing Member

I have hopes.It may be foolish but the fact that they are finally addressing OMD and going at it head on makes me think that there is a good chance that the status quo will change.
    I agree to a point. I do not think the editorial demand about OMD is still in effect ( otherwise Renew Your Vows would not have been allowed ( Slott made that point when he asked if he could write that story)). But OMD going away is a different animal. It really depends on who the next writer is. Writer X will likely be doing Amazing 1000 and that is my pick to when OMD is erased.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I think 2 issues came out.
    Yes, both Daily Bugle and Gwen Stacy had two out of five issues released.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Brian Cronin's If Her Hair Were Still Red is back...
    https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-mary-jane-return/

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Brian Cronin's If Her Hair Were Still Red is back...
    https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-mary-jane-return/
    Thanks for sharing.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Loki stealing all the women .

Extraordinary Member

I know this is just fan art but why so many people(not on here but in other forums and such) think that MJ is a cheater is beyond me.Like many people think she actual is

I know this is just fan art but why so many people(not on here but in other forums and such) think that MJ is a cheater is beyond me.Like many people think she actual is
    Shipping wars.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Shipping wars.
    Pretty much this. People still mad that Gwen/Peter aren't a thing anymore on account of Gwen being dead and all, and taking it out on her as a character.
    The spider is always on the hunt.