Page 21 of 104 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Oh, I do too. What I'm saying is this isn't an issue because Marvel is fine giving Miles Peter's hand-me-downs. It won't prevent Miles from being the young Spider-Man nor should it given the Marvel mindset.
    yeah and its weird when seeing they are trying to age up Miles while Peter isnt
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    yeah and its weird when seeing they are trying to age up Miles while Peter isnt
    It's the Robin problem.

We're clearly going to get to a point where Miles is just as old as Peter and MJ, just like how Dick Grayson will eventually be the same age as Bruce Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It's the Robin problem.

We're clearly going to get to a point where Miles is just as old as Peter and MJ, just like how Dick Grayson will eventually be the same age as Bruce Wayne.
    yeah bruce is like in his 40s and dick is like 25 right? If only new characters can stick would be easier to age the old ones
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Anything new?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Anything new?
    Not really.

Astonishing Member

Not really.
    Something tells me MIGHT get something when we get closer to the #900 issues of "Amazing Spider-Man".

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Something tells me MIGHT get something when we get closer to the #900 issues of "Amazing Spider-Man".
    I'm sure we'll get something sooner rather than later, but right now there isn't a lot going on.

Astonishing Member

I'm sure we'll get something sooner rather than later, but right now there isn't a lot going on.
    One thing we do know is Spencer has “A beginning, middle and end planned out.” We also know Marvel does not want another JMS situation where the writer cannot finish his story, and last but certainly not least we know that Spencer does not like leaving an incomplete story ( which is why he is finishing off the Boomerang tale followed by Chameleon). I suspect that Mysterio/ MJ will be dealt with ( perhaps soon after Chameleon ( maybe the solicits in July will tell us?). I still expect an Otto and Electro ( plus obviously a Kindred conclusion) before Spencer wraps up? ps. I would love to see Kingsley return but this is less likely because of the Norman and Harry Goblin stories.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    One thing we do know is Spencer has “A beginning, middle and end planned out.” We also know Marvel does not want another JMS situation where the writer cannot finish his story, and last but certainly not least we know that Spencer does not like leaving an incomplete story ( which is why he is finishing off the Boomerang tale followed by Chameleon). I suspect that Mysterio/ MJ will be dealt with ( perhaps soon after Chameleon ( maybe the solicits in July will tell us?). I still expect an Otto and Electro ( plus obviously a Kindred conclusion) before Spencer wraps up? ps. I would love to see Kingsley return but this is less likely because of the Norman and Harry Goblin stories.
    Well, right now, I have three things to worry about:

+ Norman is still "purified", which means (just like it happened with Mr Negative) the Green Goblin is still out there somewhere. I don't get why it hasn't appeared yet, but my bet? It's planning something horrible. Not only against Spider-Man, but maybe against "whinning Norman" too.

+ In Spidermaggedon, Peter said he wasn't going to leave a loose end like Morlun, but he did. Why hasn't he still attack yet? I don't know, but knowing karma, it was probably because Peter couldn't shut his mouth by criticizing him with "You never plan anything".

+ All the references Kindred involves about OMD... I really REALLY wish it to be undone and the spider-marriage to be restored.

It's the Robin problem.

More likely that Damian will catch up to Tim. They just aged up Damian another year, he's 14 now. Tim was said to be 16 in Rebirth, but Infinite Frontier might have aged him up. He's still probably not older than 18 though, the same age he was pre-Flashpoint - when Damian was 10. Their age gap has definitely narrowed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Well, right now, I have three things to worry about:

+ Norman is still "purified", which means (just like it happened with Mr Negative) the Green Goblin is still out there somewhere. I don't get why it hasn't appeared yet, but my bet? It's planning something horrible. Not only against Spider-Man, but maybe against "whinning Norman" too.

+ In Spidermaggedon, Peter said he wasn't going to leave a loose end like Morlun, but he did. Why hasn't he still attack yet? I don't know, but knowing karma, it was probably because Peter couldn't shut his mouth by criticizing him with "You never plan anything".

+ All the references Kindred involves about OMD... I really REALLY wish it to be undone and the spider-marriage to be restored.
    I am a huge fan of the marriage and a hater of OMD. My prediction is we get OMD erased but Peter and MJ are not married. Why? Spencer wants to set stuff up for the next writer, and give him ( or her) the chance to put their own spin on Amazing. That means the 900 pound gorilla called OMD, must go, but maybe hold off on the marriage. Maybe Amazing 1,000? One of the oldest storylines in fiction is “Boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl back.” That has been done several times with Peter and MJ starting with “You hit the jackpot.” Watch a movie called Fools Rush In ( Salma Hayak is beyond hot in that movie), and you see what Matthew Perry has to go through to get her back. Oddly enough in the next to last scene: Perry says “Oh no” Salma says “What’s wrong?” He said “We’re divorced.” Then they kiss, and the final scene shows them remarrying. Maybe Marvel could do something like that. Break them up then make Peter go through trials and tribulations to get her back once and for all?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I am a huge fan of the marriage and a hater of OMD. My prediction is we get OMD erased but Peter and MJ are not married. Why? Spencer wants to set stuff up for the next writer, and give him ( or her) the chance to put their own spin on Amazing. That means the 900 pound gorilla called OMD, must go, but maybe hold off on the marriage. Maybe Amazing 1,000? One of the oldest storylines in fiction is “Boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl back.” That has been done several times with Peter and MJ starting with “You hit the jackpot.” Watch a movie called Fools Rush In ( Salma Hayak is beyond hot in that movie), and you see what Matthew Perry has to go through to get her back. Oddly enough in the next to last scene: Perry says “Oh no” Salma says “What’s wrong?” He said “We’re divorced.” Then they kiss, and the final scene shows them remarrying. Maybe Marvel could do something like that. Break them up then make Peter go through trials and tribulations to get her back once and for all?
    Agree about ending OMD...but does not to be be a tumultuous trip to the alter for them. Maybe MJ and Pete have a serious talk about their relationship and she basically makes it clear for them to work Peter needs to make time for Peter. And have them elope...don't make a big thing of it. They take a vacation upstate together and it is a spur of the moment "why don't we" thing.

This presupposes that some story lines get tied up with the movie, Pete's doctorate and employment, etc...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Agree about ending OMD...but does not to be be a tumultuous trip to the alter for them. Maybe MJ and Pete have a serious talk about their relationship and she basically makes it clear for them to work Peter needs to make time for Peter. And have them elope...don't make a big thing of it. They take a vacation upstate together and it is a spur of the moment "why don't we" thing.

This presupposes that some story lines get tied up with the movie, Pete's doctorate and employment, etc...
    That is actually simple: Adjust the timeline say 6 months forward from one issue of Amazing to the next Say from the final issue of Spencer to the first issue of writer X. Going back to Fools Rush In, that is exactly what they did. They had a kiss ( in an ambulance after Salma’s character ( Isobel) had a babyto the next and ( final scene) of them being married again. Of course, it depends on if the next writer wants them married ASAP, having to wait until say Amazing 1,000, or not at all.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Really?

I don't see the problem because Miles is already getting his own Clone Saga and one of his love interests is based on Peter's first love. It seems Marvel is a-okay with retreading Peter's stuff for Miles, which I don't like.
    All that makes him more of a bad choice imo.Give him original stories and supporting characters.

Extraordinary Member

It's the Robin problem.

do we want an aged up miles with pete in both in 616.Kind of hoping they keep him a teen for the next decade or 2 or just put him back in the 1610.