Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 579
  1. #496
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I wonder if it will be Cates. Why? Timing. His run on Venom is ending, and unless Kindred wraps up in August, Cates will either have to wait a few months for Amazing or go to a different book? We will know when the August Solicits come out ( either next week or the following week). I actually hope it is NOT Cates. Why? Because if indeed it is Cates, my gut tells me OMD will remain. Why? He seems to like the supernatural type stories ( very much like JMS). But we shall see.
    I want someone who can show us how good of a hero Peter is.In the timeline of MU it's time we got the legendary Spider-man everyone in the future says he is.Specially since Spencer is cleaning up the next writer can take us in a new direction.Also more of the badass no holding back Spidey who can take on some of the stronger beings in the MU.Cates gets peter as a character so I won't mind it.Peter is a part of the Web of life and destiny so he can do Supernatural there.Although after Kindred I really don't know if supernatural is the best way to go.Also more darker stories like the Last Remains please.

  2. #497
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I want someone who can show us how good of a hero Peter is.In the timeline of MU it's time we got the legendary Spider-man everyone in the future says he is.Specially since Spencer is cleaning up the next writer can take us in a new direction.Also more of the badass no holding back Spidey who can take on some of the stronger beings in the MU.Cates gets peter as a character so I won't mind it.Peter is a part of the Web of life and destiny so he can do Supernatural there.Although after Kindred I really don't know if supernatural is the best way to go.Also more darker stories like the Last Remains please.
    My question is are we actually going to get that? Let me explain:,A term that I used last week, that I hate when it comes to Peter was “The male equivalent of a Damsel In Distress.” What did we see in Kings Ransom? Felicia having to save Peter. Give me a break. Where is the Peter who went into prison to kick Fisk’s ass? I have talked quite a bit about Slott and the “Charlie Brown” comparisons which I despised. Why? Because Charlie Brown was and always will be a loser. However, Slott is certainly not to be blamed here. It is another example of making Peter look weak and pathetic. As for darker stories is there anything darker then selling your soul to Mephisto and making it go on for 13 years and counting?

  3. #498
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    My question is are we actually going to get that? Let me explain:,A term that I used last week, that I hate when it comes to Peter was “The male equivalent of a Damsel In Distress.” What did we see in Kings Ransom? Felicia having to save Peter. Give me a break. Where is the Peter who went into prison to kick Fisk’s ass? I have talked quite a bit about Slott and the “Charlie Brown” comparisons which I despised. Why? Because Charlie Brown was and always will be a loser. However, Slott is certainly not to be blamed here. It is another example of making Peter look weak and pathetic. As for darker stories is there anything darker then selling your soul to Mephisto and making it go on for 13 years and counting?
    I really hope we do.As much as I like Spencer's peter he still is very flawed.Most of it is because if he went from 10 years of Slott level stupid to super mature(which he should be) it would feel weird the casual viewer.It is a necessary evil.About pete being a damsel I agree.It makes sense sometimes but it should not happen nearly as much as it does.Again pete has gone through a lot in the past 60 issues and for us each battle for us may look like a seperate fight Kindred stuff and dying and being brought back numerous times was just a few weeks ago.He also didn't stop after that and was consistently tablet hunting while gang fighting.The kingpin stuff was the epitome of comic book badassery outdoing anything the batman ever did.Each panel was *chef's kiss*.We don't need that level of badassey all time since that isn't realistic and I don't think we could handle it(although it is a welcome challenge).I think the best way to do the beaten peter parker is the Ps4 route.That spider-man was incredibly badass while being just as cool.It didn't need to be threatning or intimidating to do it.Just plain awesome.Even when he got beat he was still good as opposed to weak and pathetic.Spectacular spider-man also was good at this although i would make that pete more mature and even more cool since he is much older.I think the Peter is a loser attitude is something we son't need ever again.
    I think in this case the writer after Spencer(and the editors) is/are the on who can shape what Peter is going to be.Spencer has done the cleaning the slate job and done it well.Regardless of how they address it OMD will be.After that we should have a Peter with MJ in a relationship and not any plot points from previous stories to hold him back,t he next writer can take make Peter the Spider-man we hear about in the future and this is one of the only chances to do it.This is why i desperately want Zdarsky on it since he respects the character and has good execution.
    As for darker stories I meant more mature with actual impact of death and loss.I don't want pg peter stuff.We have miles for the baby sh*t.

  4. #499
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I really hope we do.As much as I like Spencer's peter he still is very flawed.Most of it is because if he went from 10 years of Slott level stupid to super mature(which he should be) it would feel weird the casual viewer.It is a necessary evil.About pete being a damsel I agree.It makes sense sometimes but it should not happen nearly as much as it does.Again pete has gone through a lot in the past 60 issues and for us each battle for us may look like a seperate fight Kindred stuff and dying and being brought back numerous times was just a few weeks ago.He also didn't stop after that and was consistently tablet hunting while gang fighting.The kingpin stuff was the epitome of comic book badassery outdoing anything the batman ever did.Each panel was *chef's kiss*.We don't need that level of badassey all time since that isn't realistic and I don't think we could handle it(although it is a welcome challenge).I think the best way to do the beaten peter parker is the Ps4 route.That spider-man was incredibly badass while being just as cool.It didn't need to be threatning or intimidating to do it.Just plain awesome.Even when he got beat he was still good as opposed to weak and pathetic.Spectacular spider-man also was good at this although i would make that pete more mature and even more cool since he is much older.I think the Peter is a loser attitude is something we son't need ever again.
    I think in this case the writer after Spencer(and the editors) is/are the on who can shape what Peter is going to be.Spencer has done the cleaning the slate job and done it well.Regardless of how they address it OMD will be.After that we should have a Peter with MJ in a relationship and not any plot points from previous stories to hold him back,t he next writer can take make Peter the Spider-man we hear about in the future and this is one of the only chances to do it.This is why i desperately want Zdarsky on it since he respects the character and has good execution.
    As for darker stories I meant more mature with actual impact of death and loss.I don't want pg peter stuff.We have miles for the baby sh*t.
    I certainly do not want Marvel Adventures, Slott or Peter in HS, and I understand Spider-Man can be dark ( that was established in Amazing Fantasy 15), but when is Peter going to be allowed to actually win? Amazing 33 ( still my personal favorite issue), Juggernaut, Wedding, Firelord, Fisk in prison and I can go on and on. I am a huge Yankee fan and I certainly do not subscribe to MLB TV because I want to see them lose and look pathetic doing it. Peter is no different. I do not need Felicia or anyone having to save Peter. Again it makes him look weak pathetic and a loser.

  5. #500
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I certainly do not want Marvel Adventures, Slott or Peter in HS, and I understand Spider-Man can be dark ( that was established in Amazing Fantasy 15), but when is Peter going to be allowed to actually win? Amazing 33 ( still my personal favorite issue), Juggernaut, Wedding, Firelord, Fisk in prison and I can go on and on. I am a huge Yankee fan and I certainly do not subscribe to MLB TV because I want to see them lose and look pathetic doing it. Peter is no different. I do not need Felicia or anyone having to save Peter. Again it makes him look weak pathetic and a loser.
    could you tell me what HS is?I agree.Peter has deserved a win for a long time now.If anything it should be peter saving them and the day.We need some good Spider-man fights and we need them now.And it better be Pete kicking ass,taking names and maybe even some friendly super-heroine flirting(one sided,both peter and MJ are loyal)

  6. #501
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    could you tell me what HS is?I agree.Peter has deserved a win for a long time now.If anything it should be peter saving them and the day.We need some good Spider-man fights and we need them now.And it better be Pete kicking ass,taking names and maybe even some friendly super-heroine flirting(one sided,both peter and MJ are loyal)
    HS is High School. I would love to have someone at Marvel explain what the logic is of having Peter constantly lose . If Market Research says readers are so masochistic they want Peter as a punching bag, then I may not agree but I can respect the why behind it, and because I understand they are not doing stories for me, I can in good conscience walk away and stick to the Yankees and Islanders ( I know they do not want to lose). But I do not think that is what most readers think. They want to see the bad guys ( or gals) get what is coming to him. I can say with even more certainty that with the exception of those who economically benefit, no one likes a wealthy corrupt politician like Wilson Fisk, and having him get his ass kicked, made poor, or thrown in jail ( or better yet all three) is something we can all agree on regardless of political viewpoints.

  7. #502
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nc_yankee View Post
    hs is high school. I would love to have someone at marvel explain what the logic is of having peter constantly lose . If market research says readers are so masochistic they want peter as a punching bag, then i may not agree but i can respect the why behind it, and because i understand they are not doing stories for me, i can in good conscience walk away and stick to the yankees and islanders ( i know they do not want to lose). But i do not think that is what most readers think. They want to see the bad guys ( or gals) get what is coming to him. I can say with even more certainty that with the exception of those who economically benefit, no one likes a wealthy corrupt politician like wilson fisk, and having him get his ass kicked, made poor, or thrown in jail ( or better yet all three) is something we can all agree on regardless of political viewpoints.
    dilly dilly!!!

  8. #503
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    26,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Why do you say this.Was there an announcement
    Zdarsky is on one of the FCBD books - but I think it's Spider-Man, not Hulk, as they only list two writers and two artists, instead of four of each. The other writer is Aaron, which must be for Avengers/Hulk as he's the Avengers writer. The other FCBD book is Spider-Man/Venom.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/aven...omic-book-day/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  9. #504
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    HS is High School. I would love to have someone at Marvel explain what the logic is of having Peter constantly lose . If Market Research says readers are so masochistic they want Peter as a punching bag, then I may not agree but I can respect the why behind it, and because I understand they are not doing stories for me, I can in good conscience walk away and stick to the Yankees and Islanders ( I know they do not want to lose). But I do not think that is what most readers think. They want to see the bad guys ( or gals) get what is coming to him. I can say with even more certainty that with the exception of those who economically benefit, no one likes a wealthy corrupt politician like Wilson Fisk, and having him get his ass kicked, made poor, or thrown in jail ( or better yet all three) is something we can all agree on regardless of political viewpoints.
    Thank you.Oh yeah for sure.I understand why they beat down both mentally and physically.They do it so that when we get the victory it is all the more sweet.The problem is the victories are peter getting saved by someone else.Again I don't know about most but I do blame slott.The stuff he pulled with silk was disgusting(not the pheromones, making peter a damsel).In fact the best stories have peter getting beat up and then rising above it.The problem is they forget that he has to rise up alone and help rise up others with him.The iconic panel(you all know what I am talking about),morlun fights(specially the first one),Kraven's last hunt,etc.This is something i feel Spencer needs to address.Peter had the entire superhero community in the Hunted storyarc and skipped the final fight.In last remains he just got killed and dragged around.In this arc he gets blown up and rescued by the cat.in sins rising he gets the order of the web.I really hope that since Spencer is addressing all eras of Spider-man that he does a take on the Black in black.We know that Rose is gonna shake up the game by the next months solicit(not reliable but I think Spencer didn't just bring him back for the hell of it).With the Chameleon stuff and sinister wars after I really want to see a no holding back pissed of peter just pummeling everyone.Like the superman with the Britain gang(I don't know their name).Spencer keeps reminding us how difficult this all is for peter and how helpless he feels.I think May dying or learning about OMD will do it for him.

    Also you guys should keep an eye on Carlos Gomez's instagram stories.He posts a lot of panels in progress from their.So far we have seen peter sitting on a desk talking and reading notes.Maybe MJ movie stuff or Clairovoyant device at ESU.We have seen jack o lantern sitting on some rubble.We also saw peter digging himself out of a grave.Chameleon is doing this for revenge for Kraven's death.That would be a call back.We see a man in a bear costume(I forget the name).We also see the ship on which the foreigner is gambling in a wide shot.Again don't tell us much but it is something.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 05-13-2021 at 11:45 AM.

  10. #505
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Zdarsky is on one of the FCBD books - but I think it's Spider-Man, not Hulk, as they only list two writers and two artists, instead of four of each. The other writer is Aaron, which must be for Avengers/Hulk as he's the Avengers writer. The other FCBD book is Spider-Man/Venom.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/aven...omic-book-day/
    Agreed.Zdarsky will be on the Spider-man/venom stuff.I think they may announce the new writers.Heck maybe Zdarsky is the new writer.I hope its Spider-man centric

  11. #506
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Agreed.Zdarsky will be on the Spider-man/venom stuff.I think they may announce the new writers.Heck maybe Zdarsky is the new writer.I hope its Spider-man centric
    Here is my question? Why is Zdarsky doing Spider-Man/Venom and not Spencer? That makes no sense to me. Why? 1: I cannot see the end of Kindred let alone OMD in the middle of August ( unless Marvel is taking Spencer off the book and putting Zdarsky on it without letting him finish his story ( essentially what they did with JMS and making Sins Past canon)). 2: One thing we have seen about Spencer is he likes to write characters and why would he not want to write a great Peter adversary like Eddie? This is exactly the argument I made when it came to Otto and Dillion prior to the Sinister Six announcement.

  12. #507
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Here is my question? Why is Zdarsky doing Spider-Man/Venom and not Spencer? That makes no sense to me. Why? 1: I cannot see the end of Kindred let alone OMD in the middle of August ( unless Marvel is taking Spencer off the book and putting Zdarsky on it without letting him finish his story ( essentially what they did with JMS and making Sins Past canon)). 2: One thing we have seen about Spencer is he likes to write characters and why would he not want to write a great Peter adversary like Eddie? This is exactly the argument I made when it came to Otto and Dillion prior to the Sinister Six announcement.
    Spencer will finish sooner rather than later imo.He also has made ASM a 4 times a week book.I don't know about August yet(we don't have the solicits yet) but July solicits say that we will get one ASM and then one sinister war(it's a 4 part mini).Writing all that may mean that he did not get the time to do this.Also they could announce the new writer in this(maybe it's Zdarsky).So we will let Spencer finish the run in August or 1-2 months after and then go to the new run.

  13. #508
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Spencer will finish sooner rather than later imo.He also has made ASM a 4 times a week book.I don't know about August yet(we don't have the solicits yet) but July solicits say that we will get one ASM and then one sinister war(it's a 4 part mini).Writing all that may mean that he did not get the time to do this.Also they could announce the new writer in this(maybe it's Zdarsky).So we will let Spencer finish the run in August or 1-2 months after and then go to the new run.
    My point is we already know that Sinister Six is July and the Peter/Eddie story is August 14th, which does not give Spencer much time to finish Kindred. Which is why I suspect it will be Spencer and not Zdarsky This is especially true, because if Zdarsky was taking over, Spencer could have easily done Sinister Six in June, Kindred in July and maybe an Epilogue issue in August before Chip took over. Instead, Spencer is doing Chameleon in July. We will get more information when the full solicits come out, but if you ask me to bet I am going to say Spencer does Venom ( a movie tie in like Sinister Six), and finishes Kindred in September, before the new writer takes over.

  14. #509
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    My point is we already know that Sinister Six is July and the Peter/Eddie story is August 14th, which does not give Spencer much time to finish Kindred. Which is why I suspect it will be Spencer and not Zdarsky This is especially true, because if Zdarsky was taking over, Spencer could have easily done Sinister Six in June, Kindred in July and maybe an Epilogue issue in August before Chip took over. Instead, Spencer is doing Chameleon in July. We will get more information when the full solicits come out, but if you ask me to bet I am going to say Spencer does Venom ( a movie tie in like Sinister Six), and finishes Kindred in September, before the new writer takes over.
    That is a plausible theory.I think both Spencer and Zdarsky can write good Spider-man so I don't mind.WE will have to wait for August solicits to be sure.My perfect scenario is Spencer finishes his run and then Zdarsky gets his run.It would make sense since they use FCBD books to announce new writers so maybe this is saying (hopefully)that once Spencer is done we will get Zdarsky.Then again he is writing DD but that is a monthly so he should still have time.

  15. #510
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,362

    Default

    Scrolling thru the facey-space and came across this...thought others would like it....
    PeterMJStictching.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •