Page 45 of 104 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Instagram model I guess would be a side hustle
    I mean that's not something they would do in comics like ever.
    They moved her away from actual modeling.

And MJ as a insta model isn't something I can see in her personally

I'm sensing a bias.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'm sensing a bias.
    Against online models?
    That's an assumption and a longshot at that.Moreover I have given plenty reasons as to why she wouldn't do this:
    1)Her personality
    2)Her circumstances
    3)Time management

Moreover all comics and adaptations like Marvel's Spider-man and insomniac games are moving away from her being a model(and even an actor but models been gone a while) so I'm not completely alone here.

Even if I am, I provided reasoning for my opinion.You can disagree but I don't know how you sense a bias against something when I just said I don't think it suits one character.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I said slott was a major influence.Spencer levels are fine but BND as a whole has upped that factor a lot.
    That's why I think it's fine in moderation.
    Yeah but why take it.Considering what Spidey and MJ's been through it's a bad idea.
    Specially for people who already know who he is, they instantly know where she is now.
    I just don't really see how MJ having social media presence (which, y'know, most people her age and in her position have) needs to connect to Spidey at all.
    Bruh she barely can handle 2-3 things at a time and that's more than most can.
    If anything she wouldn't waste her time on anything that isn't necessary, and it's a much more peaceful life as well which will benefit her.
    I don't think managing a social media account would be the most difficult thing she's ever done or take up that much of her time. Plenty of super busy people maintain a social media presence.

I don't think she'd be obsessively tweeting stuff 24/7 or posting stuff on instagram constantly but she'd probably use them when necessary and occasionally.
    I mean that's not something they would do in comics like ever.
    They moved her away from actual modeling.

And MJ as a insta model isn't something I can see in her personally
    I like her having modeling as a side-thing.
    Against online models?
    That's an assumption and a longshot at that.Moreover I have given plenty reasons as to why she wouldn't do this:
    1)Her personality
    2)Her circumstances
    3)Time management

Moreover all comics and adaptations like Marvel's Spider-man and insomniac games are moving away from her being a model(and even an actor but models been gone a while) so I'm not completely alone here.

Even if I am, I provided reasoning for my opinion.You can disagree but I don't know how you sense a bias against something when I just said I don't think it suits one character.
    Well, in the MSM cartoon she definitely had the looks of a model...although anything is better than reporter MJ in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I just don't really see how MJ having social media presence (which, y'know, most people her age and in her position have) needs to connect to Spidey at all.

I don't think managing a social media account would be the most difficult thing she's ever done or take up that much of her time. Plenty of super busy people maintain a social media presence.

I don't think she'd be obsessively tweeting stuff 24/7 or posting stuff on instagram constantly but she'd probably use them when necessary and occasionally.

Yeah it's a free marketing tool. You don't need to spend hours on it daily.

Extraordinary Member

Well, in the MSM cartoon she definitely had the looks of a model...although anything is better than reporter MJ in my book.
    Yeah.I just don't see her spend several hours daily.

Just if she's posting about her private life.I explained in above posts.

Yeah.I agree.
    I meant she wouldn't be posting stuff daily and tweeting every 3 hours.

Yeah.I actual prefer modeling to the acting.Both work

Yeah.MJ ain't a reporter.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah it's a free marketing tool. You don't need to spend hours on it daily.
    Yeah.I said she would use it for her acting stuff and promos.
    I agree

Yeah.I just don't see her spend several hours daily.
    Well, yeah, I think she'd probably be too busy and not have much reason to spend several hours on social media. I think she'd be on it a healthy amount.
    Just if she's posting about her private life.I explained in above posts.
    How many people post about their private lives? Or at least intimate details.
    I meant she wouldn't be posting stuff daily and tweeting every 3 hours.
    She would probably do a reasonable amount.

Extraordinary Member

Well, yeah, I think she'd probably be too busy and not have much reason to spend several hours on social media. I think she'd be on it a healthy amount.

How many people post about their private lives? Or at least intimate details.

She would probably do a reasonable amount.
    Less than most imo.

Many do.Again I already said she would do film and acting stuff.

What do you think is reasonable?

Less than most imo.
    Well, how much does the average person tweet or use social media?
    Many do.Again I already said she would do film and acting stuff.
    I guess I don't follow a lot of celebrities closely on twitter or social media but I have to assume there's stuff they keep on the down-low and they don't get that personal.
    What do you think is reasonable?
    Maybe two to three posts a day?

If Stan Lee and John Romita had created MJ today she DEFINITELY would have been a social media influencer model dropping 'em hashtags like the kids.

I also feel this development would allow her to be more of an activist as she'd have a powerful platform of her own where she could directly connect with her fans. It would have given her opportunities to appear in other books like Emma Frost inviting her to the Hellfire Gala so that MJ shares pictures of the event and talks about how cool Krakoa and the mutants are to her followers on social media. The X-Book editors stated there was no reason for Peter Parker to be invited to the Hellfire Gala but if they had gone this route with MJ, he could have easily been her plus one to the event.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 07-25-2021 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    If Stan Lee and John Romita had created MJ today she DEFINITELY would have been a social media influencer model dropping 'em hashtags like the kids.

I also feel this development would allow her to be more of an activist as she'd have a powerful platform of her own where she could directly connect with her fans. It would have given her opportunities to appear in other books like Emma Frost inviting her to the Hellfire Gala so that MJ shares pictures of the event and talks about how cool Krakoa and the mutants are to her followers on social media. The X-Book editors stated there was no reason for Peter Parker to be invited to the Hellfire Gala but if they had gone this route with MJ, he could have easily been her plus one to the event.
    thats tru Peter didnt get an invite. Jonah did somehow. But besides wolverine how good is his relationship with the X-men? I just think they are work buddies at best
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

thats tru Peter didnt get an invite. Jonah did somehow. But besides wolverine how good is his relationship with the X-men? I just think they are work buddies at best
    Well, he did teach a few of them for a bit...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

Well, he did teach a few of them for a bit...
    Yeah, considering Leah Williams wrote The Amazing Mary Jane (and did a pretty good, if not amazing, job with her character, in my view), having MJ invited to the Hellfire Gala and then bringing Peter as her plus-one would have been fun to see. With regards to Spider-Man's relationship with the X-Men, I tend to regard it as born out of a sense of camaraderie over being outcasts of society and feared, mistrusted, and outright hated by said society despite their heroics, although Spidey's rep has definitely improved over the years/decades compared to the X-Men, even if he was one of the superhero cameos in Gerry Duggan's X-Men #1 welcoming the newest team back to New York City. Would be cool if Duggan expanded on that at some point, though.

As for Jonah, he got an invite because he had almost always been a passionate defender of mutant rights, particularly during Operation: Zero Tolerance when he refused to turn The Daily Bugle into a propaganda arm for Bastion's state-sponsored genocide of mutants. As he explained it, it was one thing to go after costumed superpowered vigilantes like the X-Men (and Spider-Man) and hold them accountable to the same laws everyone else was expected to abide, but another to target all mutants wholesale and single them out just for being different, not because of anything they'd actually done.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 07-25-2021 at 02:37 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, considering Leah Williams wrote The Amazing Mary Jane (and did a pretty good, if not amazing, job with her character, in my view), having MJ invited to the Hellfire Gala and then bringing Peter as her plus-one would have been fun to see. With regards to Spider-Man's relationship with the X-Men, I tend to regard it as born out of a sense of camaraderie over being outcasts of society and feared, mistrusted, and outright hated by said society despite their heroics, although Spidey's rep has definitely improved over the years/decades compared to the X-Men, even if he was one of the superhero cameos in Gerry Duggan's X-Men #1 welcoming the newest team back to New York City. Would be cool if Duggan expanded on that at some point, though.

As for Jonah, he got an invite because he had almost always been a passionate defender of mutant rights, particularly during Operation: Zero Tolerance when he refused to turn The Daily Bugle into a propaganda arm for Bastion's state-sponsored genocide of mutants. As he explained it, it was one thing to go after costumed superpowered vigilantes like the X-Men (and Spider-Man) and hold them accountable to the same laws everyone else was expected to abide, but another to target all mutants wholesale and single them out just for being different, not because of anything they'd actually done.
    Strictly revisionist history. That is not why Jonah goes after Spider-Man. He said it himself: He is jealous of Spider-Man.