Page 38 of 104 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Pretty much this. People still mad that Gwen/Peter aren't a thing anymore on account of Gwen being dead and all, and taking it out on her as a character.
    Considering the retcon with Gwen and Norman...I don't think Pete and Gwen would have made it.

I did not read the story line but read about it after the fact that Gwen wanted to tell Peter what happened and was relying on Pete being such a good guy an loving her so much as to look past her cheating on him with Norman and they would raise the twins together.

I just don't see that happening. As good of a guy as Peter is I see his only response to Gwen telling him that being to tell her to "GTFO, I never want to see you again."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I know this is just fan art but why so many people(not on here but in other forums and such) think that MJ is a cheater is beyond me.Like many people think she actual is
    I've heard this too, but I don't think this has anything to do with the comics.

It's the Raimi films. She kisses Spider-man while she's dating Harry. Tries to kiss Peter while she's engaged to John. And kisses Harry when she's dating Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post

It's the Raimi films. She kisses Spider-man while she's dating Harry. Tries to kiss Peter while she's engaged to John. And kisses Harry when she's dating Peter.
    she got no loyalty
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

The heart wants what the heart wants...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Pretty much this. People still mad that Gwen/Peter aren't a thing anymore on account of Gwen being dead and all, and taking it out on her as a character.
    I liked peter/gwen but Mj/peter has been endgame for way too long.Do people really hold a grudge that long

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Considering the retcon with Gwen and Norman...I don't think Pete and Gwen would have made it.

I did not read the story line but read about it after the fact that Gwen wanted to tell Peter what happened and was relying on Pete being such a good guy an loving her so much as to look past her cheating on him with Norman and they would raise the twins together.

I just don't see that happening. As good of a guy as Peter is I see his only response to Gwen telling him that being to tell her to "GTFO, I never want to see you again."
    That retcon was made by editorial and has been vaguely mentioned 1-2 .

Although I agree,if they went all in the entire fanbase would boycott so hard.And peter would definitely kick Gwen to the curb and rightfully so.
    I always interpreted it as chemical induced attraction by Norman which may change things.

Honestly this and the Wanda and Franklin are not mutants are 3 retcons that any writer can re-retcon and gain instant brownie points.Like for the love of god just retcon it and watch your sales go up.It's a win-win.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post

They really messed her up in the Raimi films.She was way too emotional as well.And ran out on her own wedding.
    The one thing Raimi films messed up is the romance.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The heart wants what the heart wants...
    This seems like something a cheater would say.
    Not saying you are(obv), but anyone who justifies cheating with this is just a horrible person.

Mighty Member

After the events of OMD, what was the relationship between Peter and Mary Jane? Did they still interact? What was done with her character after that?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    That retcon was made by editorial and has been vaguely mentioned 1-2 .

Although I agree,if they went all in the entire fanbase would boycott so hard.And peter would definitely kick Gwen to the curb and rightfully so.
    I always interpreted it as chemical induced attraction by Norman which may change things.

Honestly this and the Wanda and Franklin are not mutants are 3 retcons that any writer can re-retcon and gain instant brownie points.Like for the love of god just retcon it and watch your sales go up.It's a win-win.
    They could retcon the retcon to be the Norman had Gwen's OB/GYN harvest some eggs and the kids were brought to term with a surrogate...Maybe that would have been a better story to originally go with...but there is still the conversation that MJ overheard.

They could of course retcon that to be that MJ was psychologically manipulated to have a false memory and to not reveal it to Peter until certain conditions were met...like Peter meets the kids and finds out they are Gwen's.

I think writers too many times want to go for a "big, shocking twist" that overturns the hero's life.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 06-14-2021 at 08:05 AM.

Astonishing Member

They could retcon the retcon to be the Norman had Gwen's OB/GYN harvest some eggs and the kids were brought to term with a surrogate...Maybe that would have been a better story to originally go with...but there is still the conversation that MJ overheard.

They could of course retcon that to be that MJ was psychologically manipulated to have a false memory and to not reveal it to Peter until certain conditions were met...like Peter meets the kids and finds out they are Gwen's.

I think writers too many times want to go for a "big, shocking twist" that overturns the hero's life.
    I agree with you about the “Big shocking twist.” Sad to say this has been going on for decades ( see the Clone Saga). Why? Because I think writers want to come up with different variations so they can put their “Spin on something” ( even if it is a previous story like the Tablet Saga or Sinister Six). The biggest problem is when that screws up a great story of the past ( see Slott’s butchering of Kraven’s Last Hunt as Exhibit:A).

Extraordinary Member

Honestly I would just retcon the story in it's entirety.Like retcon it out of existence.
    But they can make it a Gwen clone.The kids should die imo, any reminder of the story that doesn't serve a should not be made in the first place.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    After the events of OMD, what was the relationship between Peter and Mary Jane? Did they still interact? What was done with her character after that?
    Not that much in about a decade's time. Hell, at one point during that period, they effectively ceded her to Iron Man because there were seriously no plans for her in the Spider-Office. Then Nick Spencer took over ASM in 2018 and ended his first issue (the main story) with Peter and Mary Jane coming back together, foreshadowed by them conversing as friends earlier on in the issue and even a flashback to Matt Fraction's "To Have and to Hold" from right before One More Day at the start. However, I should mention she did have a fairly good part in Spider-Island, the first "event" storyline for Dan Slott's solo run on Spider-Man and it ended with some hope for a rekindled romance between her and Peter.

Of course, that hope later got dashed by the events of Superior Spider-Man, following which Mary Jane made it clear she wanted to be as far away from Peter, who had just regained his body from Otto Octavius, as possible because she didn't want to be another casualty in his heroics. Thankfully, that didn't last, and by the end of Slott's run, they were again working towards reconciliation and romance, even though Mary Jane rejected him because she was scared of falling back into old patterns with him or something like that. Fortunately, as of Nick Spencer's ASM, they've since come back together for real and they seem to be staying that way so far, though with (some of) the secrets Mary Jane's been keeping . . . I'm expecting there to be a bit of a rough patch between them once those come to light.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I still can't believe that Iron Man thing actually happened...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still can't believe that Iron Man thing actually happened...
    And nothing happen too which was a shame. I wanted to see this forum reaction
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy