Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 303
  1. #121
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    63,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Feels like that's Williams story. Of course we may not ever get that because of some real world issues so it'll just be there in the background for another writer in the future if they ever want to do anything with it.
    Spencer was the one who set it up though, and mentioned it in Last Remains.

  2. #122
    Spectacular Member Knightmare10880's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Columbus Ga
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Feels like that's Williams story. Of course we may not ever get that because of some real world issues so it'll just be there in the background for another writer in the future if they ever want to do anything with it.
    I'm still greatly annoyed about Marvel canceling Amazing Mary Jane, not just the fact that it got canceled but that we got no closure to the story. They could have easily made the story a back in Amazing Spider-Man or a digital only story and then later print the story as a trade. It just bothers me that we never got any completion to the story.

  3. #123
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    63,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare10880 View Post
    I'm still greatly annoyed about Marvel canceling Amazing Mary Jane, not just the fact that it got canceled but that we got no closure to the story. They could have easily made the story a back in Amazing Spider-Man or a digital only story and then later print the story as a trade. It just bothers me that we never got any completion to the story.
    It wasn't like they were going to extend the title again so they may as well have just let it end at issue #10.

    I'm surprised they canceled the Gwen mini too.

  4. #124
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It wasn't like they were going to extend the title again so they may as well have just let it end at issue #10.

    I'm surprised they canceled the Gwen mini too.
    This whole stretch of time has definitely been weird for comic publishers (and obviously for everyone in general).

  5. #125
    Incredible Member Spidey_62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    511

    Default

    I wish Marvel would do more digital stuff. Stuff like Amazing Mary Jane strikes me as the perfect kind of thing to drop as just digital with the current state of things. DC is doing great projects with their digital first books, Batman animated series continuation comics, Batman 89, Superman 78, Batman Black & White, the list goes on...

  6. #126
    Astonishing Member Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I wish Marvel would do more digital stuff. Stuff like Amazing Mary Jane strikes me as the perfect kind of thing to drop as just digital with the current state of things. DC is doing great projects with their digital first books, Batman animated series continuation comics, Batman 89, Superman 78, Batman Black & White, the list goes on...
    Not a bad idea tbh

  7. #127
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    10,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I wish Marvel would do more digital stuff. Stuff like Amazing Mary Jane strikes me as the perfect kind of thing to drop as just digital with the current state of things. DC is doing great projects with their digital first books, Batman animated series continuation comics, Batman 89, Superman 78, Batman Black & White, the list goes on...
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Not a bad idea tbh
    Yeah, Marvel had a good thing going a couple of years or so ago with the digital-original comics for Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, the Daughters of the Dragon (Misty Knight and Colleen Wing), and Cloak & Dagger.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  8. #128
    Incredible Member Spidey_62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, Marvel had a good thing going a couple of years or so ago with the digital-original comics for Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, the Daughters of the Dragon (Misty Knight and Colleen Wing), and Cloak & Dagger.
    I imagine it'd be less of a risk for books that aren't guaranteed sellers over at Marvel if they eliminate the printing costs altogether and maybe just collected them as trades when they're wrapped. It was pretty awesome Amazing MJ sold well enough that it got extended another 5 issues, too bad only one of the extras came out as fate would have it!

    Marvel finally seems to be dipping into the black and white books DC's been doing since the 90s with Batman (Black, White, Red Carnage & Wolverine minis coming soon) which is something, I suppose.

  9. #129
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    10,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I imagine it'd be less of a risk for books that aren't guaranteed sellers over at Marvel if they eliminate the printing costs altogether and maybe just collected them as trades when they're wrapped. It was pretty awesome Amazing MJ sold well enough that it got extended another 5 issues, too bad only one of the extras came out as fate would have it!

    Marvel finally seems to be dipping into the black and white books DC's been doing since the 90s with Batman (Black, White, Red Carnage & Wolverine minis coming soon) which is something, I suppose.
    Yeah, that does sound like something. The Wolverine mini is already out, but the Carnage one is starting soon, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  10. #130
    Astonishing Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    4,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post

    J Scott Campbell Mary Jane Watson. Does anyone know where it's taken from?
    Awesome! Always been a fan of the J. Scott Campbell version of MJ


  11. #131
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    10,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Awesome! Always been a fan of the J. Scott Campbell version of MJ

    This was one of my favorites from Marvel #1000.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  12. #132
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Love it, the ultimate Spidey waifu is born lol -



    https://www.deviantart.com/marypuff/...-Cat-870556528
    Hey, guys! Looks like the artist who did this have a new version of this comic! Check it out:


    https://www.deviantart.com/marypuff/...K-II-871084192

    I think I prefer this version better, because the dream ending is a little cliché.

  13. #133
    Amazing Member Nerdman3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    78

    Default

    So an interesting tidbit from the new issue of Gwenom vs Carnage #3, which technically relates to Mary Jane:

    spoilers:

    Basically Earth-65 Mary Jane has been ‘freed’ from her Carnage symbiote, but similarly to the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon (actually, the way it’s portrayed is almost directly pulled from the cartoon), she still has a bit of it remaining inside her, which possibly hints we could see Scarlet Spider MJ in the future. Also, Earth-65 MJ is now effectively stuck with Gwen on Earth-616 for the foreseeable future.

    This means overall there are now two Mary Jane Watson’s on Earth-616, one of whom will likely develop powers and could likely become a super hero of her own. I do wonder if both of Mary Janes may meet in the future.
    end of spoilers

  14. #134
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    63,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    So an interesting tidbit from the new issue of Gwenom vs Carnage #3, which technically relates to Mary Jane:

    spoilers:

    Basically Earth-65 Mary Jane has been ‘freed’ from her Carnage symbiote, but similarly to the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon (actually, the way it’s portrayed is almost directly pulled from the cartoon), she still has a bit of it remaining inside her, which possibly hints we could see Scarlet Spider MJ in the future. Also, Earth-65 MJ is now effectively stuck with Gwen on Earth-616 for the foreseeable future.

    This means overall there are now two Mary Jane Watson’s on Earth-616, one of whom will likely develop powers and could likely become a super hero of her own. I do wonder if both of Mary Janes may meet in the future.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    ...Why though? I mean, Gwen is one thing, I don't think we need another Mary Jane just because she's connected to Gwen. Even one with a Carnage Symbiote.

    Last Remains didn't have MJ react to Gwen at all so I doubt we'll see them address the two Mary Janes other than maybe Earth-65 EmJay envying 616 MJ.
    end of spoilers

  15. #135
    Amazing Member Nerdman3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    ...Why though? I mean, Gwen is one thing, I don't think we need another Mary Jane just because she's connected to Gwen. Even one with a Carnage Symbiote.

    Last Remains didn't have MJ react to Gwen at all so I doubt we'll see them address the two Mary Janes other than maybe Earth-65 EmJay envying 616 MJ.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

    I suspect EmJay coming to Earth-616 is related to Gwen’s current seemingly possibly permanent stay in Earth-616. Marvel seemingly wants to pull a Miles Morales and stick Gwen in 616 permanently. The issue with that is that frankly Gwen’s entire cast are still in Earth-65. So I guess sticking EmJay in Earth-616 as well is their solution to that. I wouldn’t be shocked if they eventually also bring over Earth-65 George Stacy.

    On the subject of Gwen and MJ in Last Remains, did MJ even know that was Gwen? Gwen didn’t exactly take off her mask.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Nerdman3000; 03-03-2021 at 12:01 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •