Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 324
  1. #136
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    spoilers:

    I suspect EmJay coming to Earth-616 is related to Gwen’s current seemingly possibly permanent stay in Earth-616. Marvel seemingly wants to pull a Miles Morales and stick Gwen in 616 permanently. The issue with that is that frankly Gwen’s entire cast are still in Earth-65. So I guess sticking EmJay in Earth-616 as well is their solution to that.

    On the subject of Gwen and MJ in Last Remains, did MJ even know that was Gwen? Gwen didn’t exactly take off her mask.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Peter called her "Gwen" in front of MJ, and we saw earlier in Spencer's run that Peter told MJ about Teresa off-panel. Not hard to imagine he did the same about Spider-Gwen.
    end of spoilers

  2. #137
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    64,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    spoilers:

    I suspect EmJay coming to Earth-616 is related to Gwen’s current seemingly possibly permanent stay in Earth-616. Marvel seemingly wants to pull a Miles Morales and stick Gwen in 616 permanently. The issue with that is that frankly Gwen’s entire cast are still in Earth-65. So I guess sticking EmJay in Earth-616 as well is their solution to that. I wouldn’t be shocked if they eventually also bring over Earth-65 George Stacy.

    On the subject of Gwen and MJ in Last Remains, did MJ even know that was Gwen? Gwen didn’t exactly take off her mask.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I would think her dad would be more of a priority to bring over than EmJay.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    spoilers:
    Peter called her "Gwen" in front of MJ, and we saw earlier in Spencer's run that Peter told MJ about Teresa off-panel. Not hard to imagine he did the same about Spider-Gwen.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Shame we never got see a reaction.
    end of spoilers

  3. #138
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I would think her dad would be more of a priority to bring over than EmJay.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I get the logic. Spider-Gwen is defined by being in a band. A band that is literally called "The Mary Janes".
    end of spoilers

  4. #139
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    64,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    spoilers:
    I get the logic. Spider-Gwen is defined by being in a band. A band that is literally called "The Mary Janes".
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I guess if they're planning on bringing the band to 616, it might make sense. Although they might need an image change .
    end of spoilers

  5. #140
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I guess if they're planning on bringing the band to 616, it might make sense. Although they might need an image change .
    end of spoilers
    Since Marvel refused to bring AoA Gwen Stacy to Earth-616, why should they bring Spider-Gwen over? I think that the characters belong in their own universe. The goes from Miles and his supporting cast who belongs to Earth-1610. I think that the reason why Miles was brought over to Earth-616 was because Bendis wanted to continue writing the character for his Spider-Men 2 sequel. I which that Miles had stayed in his own universe.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 03-03-2021 at 01:53 PM.

  6. #141
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    spoilers:

    I suspect EmJay coming to Earth-616 is related to Gwen’s current seemingly possibly permanent stay in Earth-616. Marvel seemingly wants to pull a Miles Morales and stick Gwen in 616 permanently. The issue with that is that frankly Gwen’s entire cast are still in Earth-65. So I guess sticking EmJay in Earth-616 as well is their solution to that. I wouldn’t be shocked if they eventually also bring over Earth-65 George Stacy.

    On the subject of Gwen and MJ in Last Remains, did MJ even know that was Gwen? Gwen didn’t exactly take off her mask.
    end of spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    spoilers:
    I get the logic. Spider-Gwen is defined by being in a band. A band that is literally called "The Mary Janes".
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Two living Mary Janes in 616?
    end of spoilers I haven't been following the arc, but this just seems so ridiculous and convoluted. If Gwen being in a band is so important, keep her on her own earth or have her form a new one in 616.

    With the exception of Captain Stacy, it'd probably be very easy to just reboot the character in 616 and give her expies of her original supporting cast since they all have very little in common with the 616 versions. Just say they called themselves the Mary Janes because someone was a big fan of Secret Hospital . EmJay could be Michelle Jones
    Last edited by Spider-Tiger; 03-05-2021 at 06:26 PM.

  7. #142
    Extraordinary Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    7,928

    Default

    Let me say that I actually don't mind Earth-65 Mary Jane in and around, as well as, potentially running into 616 MJ.

    Leaving aside the Alternate Universe stuff, you could do the interaction like Mary Jane meeting another girl named Mary Jane (those are not really uncommon names in real life) and being fascinated that someone with her name is a lesbian rock musician. You could mine the comedy and camaraderie, and then at the end of the story either or both learn that each is an AU version of herself.

  8. #143
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    64,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    spoilers:
    Two living Mary Janes in 616?
    end of spoilers I haven't been following the arc, but this just seems so ridiculous and convoluted. If Gwen being in a band is so important, keep her on her own earth or have her form a new one in 616.

    With the exception of Captain Stacy, it'd probably be very easy to just reboot the character in 616 and give her expies of her original supporting cast since they all have very little in common with the 616 versions. Just say they called themselves the Mary Janes because someone was a big fan of Secret Hospital . EmJay could be Michelle Jones
    I don't think they know quite what to do with Gwen, whether it's in her own universe or 616.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Let me say that I actually don't mind Earth-65 Mary Jane in and around, as well as, potentially running into 616 MJ.

    Leaving aside the Alternate Universe stuff, you could do the interaction like Mary Jane meeting another girl named Mary Jane (those are not really uncommon names in real life) and being fascinated that someone with her name is a lesbian rock musician. You could mine the comedy and camaraderie, and then at the end of the story either or both learn that each is an AU version of herself.
    I can't see Earth-65 EmJay meeting her 616 counterpart without feeling extremely self-conscious and envious because of how little she feels like she compares to the 616 version.

  9. #144
    Extraordinary Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    7,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't see Earth-65 EmJay meeting her 616 counterpart without feeling extremely self-conscious and envious because of how little she feels like she compares to the 616 version.
    That's assuming that the character feels and shares how the readers see both of them.

    I think EmJay would be fascinated with Mary Jane, and find her odd but fascinating. It would be strange for a lesbian to see a straight version of themselves (and vice-versa).

  10. #145
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    64,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    That's assuming that the character feels and shares how the readers see both of them.

    I think EmJay would be fascinated with Mary Jane, and find her odd but fascinating. It would be strange for a lesbian to see a straight version of themselves (and vice-versa).
    Well, she'd probably think she's hot, for one .

    I think EmJay thinks she's more important and popular than she really is (or she desperately wishes she was) so I think she'd be pretty awkward or blustering around 616!MJ who has more of what she wishes she had on Earth-65.

  11. #146
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,608

    Default

    I always thought Earth-65 Mary Jane was Bi.

  12. #147
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    64,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I always thought Earth-65 Mary Jane was Bi.
    I think she mentioned an ex-boyfriend once (and had a guy flirting with her? I could be forgetting).

  13. #148
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think she mentioned an ex-boyfriend once (and had a guy flirting with her? I could be forgetting).
    She definitely has an ex-boyfriend (that isn't Peter). The band (minus Gwen) ran into him once, and he asked for his music back. Her fallout with Earth-65 Liz (who Mary Jane had leant her ex's music to) was because Liz's boyfriend was hitting on her, and Liz didn't believe her.

  14. #149
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    They’ll probably going to keep Gwen in 616 at least until Spider-verse 2 comes out, if not after.

    I’d say while young MJ is here, do the awkward and comical situations you guys suggested, like the two Mary Janes meeting and interacting.

  15. #150
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    64,057

    Default

    I guess that probably depends on if McGuire wants to write 616 MJ.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •