Page 44 of 104 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    MJ doesn't strike me someone who would be very active on Social Media.
    When she would though it would be great ones but she wouldn't do it often.
    Also she won't do tik-toks and stuff like that from home.Only if it was part of her contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I think MJ would use it for work...but maybe keep her personal life off of it.
    Exactly.
    She would promote her movie and if she is at an event or something.
    But won't make videos or reels or whatever.Just work stuff.
    I didn't say that she would post personal stuff online. Just clips of her acting and impressions of stuff that she finds amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the point was to give her an excuse to get involved in the games story and be playable, so an investigative reporter was the solution even if, personality wise, it just made her come off more like a Lois Lane pastiche.
    Funny how 40 years of Spider-Man comics has managed to keep her involved without turning her into a reporter.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Funny how 40 years of Spider-Man comics has managed to keep her involved without turning her into a reporter.
    True, although they can handle plotting differently from a video game.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I didn't say that she would post personal stuff online. Just clips of her acting and impressions of stuff that she finds amusing.
    I doubt it.Maybe something from set like a photo or short clip max, other than what other people on set post about her.
    She would only post business stuff imo, she is definitely one of those celebrities with no social media stuff even though they have an account, just the movie and some interviews for said movie.

MJ should definitely have a larger social media presence in-universe. She doesn't because it's hard to work that into the plots since she's a supporting character, and because social media wasn't a thing while those old comics were being written.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    MJ should definitely have a larger social media presence in-universe. She doesn't because it's hard to work that into the plots since she's a supporting character, and because social media wasn't a thing while those old comics were being written.
    Again with Spidey in her life social media would be deadly to his secret ID
    And her entire party girl thing is a persona, she wouldn't want to waste her time on Social Media if not necessary like when promoting a movie.

She should definitely not do much if any social media at all in universe.

Again with Spidey in her life social media would be deadly to his secret ID
    And her entire party girl thing is a persona, she wouldn't want to waste her time on Social Media if not necessary like when promoting a movie.

She should definitely not do much if any social media at all in universe.
    OR... just post vapid silly things, and not do real-talk?

The party girl persona isn't a complete facade because there's parts of it she actually enjoys, and social media is an invaluable way of keeping in touch and getting your name out there was well as keeping you in the know as to what's going on.

It doesn't have to have anything to do with Spider-Man.

MJ would never post "my boyfriend/husband Peter Parker is Spider-Man" on her social media accounts. She probably wouldn't even talk about Peter (much, if) at all. She would absolutely use social media to promote herself.
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 07-23-2021 at 01:08 PM.

Extraordinary Member

The party girl persona isn't a complete facade because there's parts of it she actually enjoys, and social media is an invaluable way of keeping in touch and getting your name out there was well as keeping you in the know as to what's going on.

It doesn't have to have anything to do with Spider-Man.
    That was mostly slott.She does enjoy it a fair bit, but not nearly as much as BND will have you think.

And I will address the Spider-man thing below

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    MJ would never post "my boyfriend/husband Peter Parker is Spider-Man" on her social media accounts. She probably wouldn't even talk about Peter (much, if) at all. She would absolutely use social media to promote herself.
    Which is what I said.She will use it for professional purposes.

And there are people who already know who he is.Social media would make him and her a much easier target.
    And as for the secret identity you never know what may slip by in photo's or a video.May be a corner of a Spidey outfit(which she could pass of a cosplay) but if it's equipment then that will be a mess.It's a risk and an unnecessary one.
    Moreover if it's with Pete then anything from a cut to sliver of costume showing can identify him they'll be done for.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 07-23-2021 at 02:15 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    OR... just post vapid silly things, and not do real-talk?
    Another thing she wouldn't do.
    She isn't exactly financially stable, neither is Pete.
    With the acting job and other stuff she will want to spend every free second with Peter specially since "thwip-thwip" keeps him away.
    She would not waste her time doing SM, specially if it's meaningless silly stuff.
    Hence only for professional stuff and movie promotion.

Stuff she would do rather than waste time on Social Media:-

1)MJ has been a member of the following organisations due to her acting career; Actors' Equity Association, American Federation of Television and Radio Artists and the Screen Actors Guild.

2)Mary Jane has used her fashion design and sewing skills on many occasions to make and repair Spider-Man's costumes. She also designed the Hornet, Prodigy, and Ricochet costumes.

3)She is usually the person who provides first aid when Peter's injured.

4)Self reflection is key and someone with MJ's life of stress and speed would try to get as much peace as possible.

5)Family but mostly Peter.Every time peter is around that's number one priority for her(besides the normal work though she may move thing around a bit).Same with Peter besides work(can't really move the Spidey thing around, and doesn't leave much time for Job but still)
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 07-23-2021 at 02:21 PM.

That was mostly slott.She does enjoy it a fair bit, but not nearly as much as BND will have you think.

And I will address the Spider-man thing below
    I don't think it was all Slott. I feel like the attitude is still there with Spencer.
    Which is what I said.She will use it for professional purposes.

And there are people who already know who he is.Social media would make him and her a much easier target.
    And as for the secret identity you never know what may slip by in photo's or a video.May be a corner of a Spidey outfit(which she could pass of a cosplay) but if it's equipment then that will be a mess.It's a risk and an unnecessary one.
    Moreover if it's with Pete then anything from a cut to sliver of costume showing can identify him they'll be done for.
    I really don't think social media would be that much of a risk of any of that getting out to be honest.
    Another thing she wouldn't do.
    She isn't exactly financially stable, neither is Pete.
    With the acting job and other stuff she will want to spend every free second with Peter specially since "thwip-thwip" keeps him away.
    She would not waste her time doing SM, specially if it's meaningless silly stuff.
    Hence only for professional stuff and movie promotion.

Stuff she would do rather than waste time on Social Media:-

1)MJ has been a member of the following organisations due to her acting career; Actors' Equity Association, American Federation of Television and Radio Artists and the Screen Actors Guild.

2)Mary Jane has used her fashion design and sewing skills on many occasions to make and repair Spider-Man's costumes. She also designed the Hornet, Prodigy, and Ricochet costumes.

3)She is usually the person who provides first aid when Peter's injured.

4)Self reflection is key and someone with MJ's life of stress and speed would try to get as much peace as possible.

5)Family but mostly Peter.Every time peter is around that's number one priority for her(besides the normal work though she may move thing around a bit).Same with Peter besides work(can't really move the Spidey thing around, and doesn't leave much time for Job but still)
    She could probably balance all of it.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think it was all Slott. I feel like the attitude is still there with Spencer.

I really don't think social media would be that much of a risk of any of that getting out to be honest.

She could probably balance all of it.
    I said slott was a major influence.Spencer levels are fine but BND as a whole has upped that factor a lot.

Yeah but why take it.Considering what Spidey and MJ's been through it's a bad idea.
    Specially for people who already know who he is, they instantly know where she is now.

Bruh she barely can handle 2-3 things at a time and that's more than most can.
    If anything she wouldn't waste her time on anything that isn't necessary, and it's a much more peaceful life as well which will benefit her.

Instagram model I guess would be a side hustle
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy