Page 18 of 104 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I guess those movies are not your cup of tea. To me they are classics like other politically incorrect movies like The Godfather and Scarface ( Pacino version).
    I am with you on this. A lot of great movies would not be made in today's climate because one group or another would have a fit over it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I guess those movies are not your cup of tea. To me they are classics like other politically incorrect movies like The Godfather and Scarface ( Pacino version).
    I like many old movies. I just don't feel movies are ruined by political correctness. Its not like censorship didn't exist back then

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I am with you on this. A lot of great movies would not be made in today's climate because one group or another would have a fit over it.
    Many have good reason to complain about them today

Can we get back on topic somewhat?

Y'know, with them bringing back a lot of comics or minis that were canceled and resolving their plots in one-shots or new event tie-ins, I wonder if the same might happen with Amazing Mary Jane.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Can we get back on topic somewhat?
    You're right.

If Spencer is leaving soon, I wonder if we're looking at another line-wide reshuffling again. And this thread being what it is, what that will mean for MJ.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Y'know, with them bringing back a lot of comics or minis that were canceled and resolving their plots in one-shots or new event tie-ins, I wonder if the same might happen with Amazing Mary Jane.
    That 2nd arc definitely needs to be finished. Either monthly or as a trade.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    If Spencer is leaving soon, I wonder if we're looking at another line-wide reshuffling again. And this thread being what it is, what that will mean for MJ.
    I hope it doesn't mean a return to obscurity or worse yet hating Peter more often than not ala Slott's run. That would be very disappointing for me after a decade-plus of her acting OOC constantly guilt-tripping Pete (when she was around that is) about being Spider-Man.....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

The re-established prominence of MJ the last few years during this run has been so nice, I hope it stays that way. She's really one of the best Spidey characters. Just feels weird when they try and push them apart in the 616 comics and just have all these weird reasons for it in the comics (like the end of Slott's run where they make out to tease everybody then she pushes back and says no we can't be together Peter!!! I even like that story but that part was so dumb).
    Last edited by Spidey_62; 04-07-2021 at 08:41 PM.

I would like to think by now the writers and Marvel as a whole realize that there just isn't much sense or point to giving Peter new love interests or romances that don't go anywhere at this point.

Even if they can't get married again there really isn't anything that can top Peter and MJ's relationship or MJ as a whole.

I would like to think by now the writers and Marvel as a whole realize that there just isn't much sense or point to giving Peter new love interests or romances that don't go anywhere at this point.

Even if they can't get married again there really isn't anything that can top Peter and MJ's relationship or MJ as a whole.
    It's like Superman and Lois, it just works. DC had their stint during the New 52 where they split up that marriage/pairing for Superman and Wonder Woman and kept Lois as far away from him as possible but it died with that version of Superman lol.

Extraordinary Member

Exactly...and they need to give MJ her time in the book as more than Just Peter's girlfriend/lover/hopefully wifey again.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    It's like Superman and Lois, it just works. DC had their stint during the New 52 where they split up that marriage/pairing for Superman and Wonder Woman and kept Lois as far away from him as possible but it died with that version of Superman lol.
    Editorial seems very stubborn when it comes to single Spidey. I can't see those in charge of Marvel EVER admitting they are wrong there is also no easy out like at DC with constant reboots.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Editorial seems very stubborn when it comes to single Spidey. I can't see those in charge of Marvel EVER admitting they are wrong there is also no easy out like at DC with constant reboots.
    Yes...there is....just have Peter and MJ get married.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Yes...there is....just have Peter and MJ get married.
    Ideally that would happen, but we don't live in an ideal world.

What will happen is Peter and MJ will get back together and break up and get back together and break up over and over again between now and whenever Marvel stops publishing comics.