Page 103 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1559
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Mayday is not MJ
    MJ works best as a civilian w/ no powers
    No, Mayday is not MJ or Peter, but she has the same... How do you say it?... The same "spark" than Mary Jane. She's her daughter after all.

And I get your point, but it's typical in comics for the hero's allies and love interest to end up having the same powers as the hero: Jane Foster as Thor, Pepper Potts as Rescue, Lois Lane as Superwoman, Betty Ross as Red She-Hulk... You get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    No, Mayday is not MJ or Peter, but she has the same... How do you say it?... The same "spark" than Mary Jane. She's her daughter after all.

And I get your point, but it's typical in comics for the hero's allies and love interest to end up having the same powers as the hero: Jane Foster as Thor, Pepper Potts as Rescue, Lois Lane as Superwoman, Betty Ross as Red She-Hulk... You get the idea.
    Lois getting powers was about as temporary as MJ in Spider-Island lol.

And just because other characters reach a point where they get super-powers isn't a good thing, MJ herself is a good character without needing super-power gimmicks, everyone else doing it doesn't mean MJ also has to.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Lois getting powers was about as temporary as MJ in Spider-Island lol.

And just because other characters reach a point where they get super-powers isn't a good thing, MJ herself is a good character without needing super-power gimmicks, everyone else doing it doesn't mean MJ also has to.
    Not really. There has been a lot of times where Lois Lane became "Superwoman".

And you have a point there too. However, considering how dangerous are the situations MJ gets trapped into, I personally don't see powers as something MJ's character needs, but as something that could be useful for her to survive some crazy stuff.

And you have a point there too. However, considering how dangerous are the situations MJ gets trapped into, I personally don't see powers as something MJ's character needs, but as something that could be useful for her to survive some crazy stuff.
    She's gotten by for a while without them though...

Yeah, all temporary, and most of 'em happened in silver age lol.

MJ herself is hardly in danger to begin with, the worst she ever had to deal with was Venom and random villains, and Spidey is either around to save her, or she finds a way to take care of herself (Even if the plot becomes stupid for that to happen lol), she shouldn't be getting powers if she's gonna remain a civilian.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, all temporary, and most of 'em happened in silver age lol.

MJ herself is hardly in danger to begin with, the worst she ever had to deal with was Venom and random villains, and Spidey is either around to save her, or she finds a way to take care of herself (Even if the plot becomes stupid for that to happen lol), she shouldn't be getting powers if she's gonna remain a civilian.
    Did you forgot how she was recently attacked by the Red Goblin (Norman Osborn with Carnage's symbiote) and almost didn't make it? And even when she tried to get away of Peter and the Spider-Man's stuff, her business was ruined because of Iron Man's mess.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I had a thought as to what the tease could be.

spoilers:
    MJ and Felicia are dressed up as Spider-Man and Black Panther as part of Jed MacKay's upcoming Mary Jane & Black Cat team-up story. MacKay wrote Timeless so there is some logic to him teasing his upcoming comic.
    end of spoilers
    I said the same thing in another thread and they MOCKED me. But yeah, I'm betting that's exactly the case

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    I said the same thing in another thread and they MOCKED me. But yeah, I'm betting that's exactly the case
    It's... A possibility. I mean, it could explain the white hair of the Black Panther (in case that wasn't Storm). But I don't understand why Black Cat would suit up like Black Panther when there have never been any relationship between these two.

I mean, the words along the picture says: "The brave honor the sacrifices of those in their hearts...". As far as I see, Felicia has nothing to do with the King of Wakanda, other than they have the same topic of being "black felines". Therefore, I don't see any sense for that being Felicia.

Astonishing Member

It's... A possibility. I mean, it could explain the white hair of the Black Panther (in case that wasn't Storm). But I don't understand why Black Cat would suit up like Black Panther when there have never been any relationship between these two.

I mean, the words along the picture says: "The brave honor the sacrifices of those in their hearts...". As far as I see, Felicia has nothing to do with the King of Wakanda, other than they have the same topic of being "black felines". Therefore, I don't see any sense for that being Felicia.
    That's enough, and McKay is writing both timeless and the one-shot.

Did you forgot how she was recently attacked by the Red Goblin (Norman Osborn with Carnage's symbiote) and almost didn't make it?
    That was basically everyone, and even the likes of Johnny almost died there, Red Goblin was that threatening.

That situation is also not the norm of MJ's life with Peter, she's in danger way less often than you'd expect.

And even when she tried to get away of Peter and the Spider-Man's stuff, her business was ruined because of Iron Man's mess.
    And unless she has the super-power of rebuilding her club at no cost, super-powers there would be useless.

Ultimately there's no halfway here, while it can make sense for MJ to be a civilian who's not a super-hero so she can protect herself, it wouldn't take long for Marvel to try to turn her into a super-hero, or villain, not to mention that even if by a colossal miracle we get MJ to be a civilian who's super-powered, it's just sad to have to make her "special" life this instead of just being a civilian, actual civilians are important to have around a hero's life, and MJ is really well developed as a character with a life that isn't as aggressively connected with Spider-Man's, which's what makes her special as a love interest, getting powers would tone down those things that make her special for a silly sense of making her be Peter's equal in powers when she really doesn't need that, at least for me.

Astonishing Member

That was basically everyone, and even the likes of Johnny almost died there, Red Goblin was that threatening.

That situation is also not the norm of MJ's life with Peter, she's in danger way less often than you'd expect.

And unless she has the super-power of rebuilding her club at no cost, super-powers there would be useless.

Ultimately there's no halfway here, while it can make sense for MJ to be a civilian who's not a super-hero so she can protect herself, it wouldn't take long for Marvel to try to turn her into a super-hero, or villain, not to mention that even if by a colossal miracle we get MJ to be a civilian who's super-powered, it's just sad to have to make her "special" life this instead of just being a civilian, actual civilians are important to have around a hero's life, and MJ is really well developed as a character with a life that isn't as aggressively connected with Spider-Man's, which's what makes her special as a love interest, getting powers would tone down those things that make her special for a silly sense of making her be Peter's equal in powers when she really doesn't need that, at least for me.
    Yeah, it will happen eventually. That's the nature of the beast. It almost happened with Jackpot

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Those are fair and good points. Civilian supporting casts do play a vital role in keeping the superhero protagonists somewhat level with baseline humanity, in terms of empathy if nothing else. I like the idea of MJ retaining some "tools of the trade" for her own defense, like modified web-shooting bracelets (they can be the same kind of model we see in Insomniac Games' version that's designed to seemingly fit on the underside of a smartwatch) and/or a smartwatch that can unfold into an Iron Man-style repulsor gauntlet, though beyond that . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

The ever popular 'should MJ have powers / be super hero' debate...

Just give her a blood transfusion from a super soldier but not have her be a super hero. Gives her an edge in dangerous situations but keeps her as a civilian.

Extraordinary Member

Just give her a spare Iron Spider suit/ mark 4 that purely for self defense

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Yeah, it will happen eventually. That's the nature of the beast. It almost happened with Jackpot
    What happened with Jackpot again? Is she dead or somethin'?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Those are fair and good points. Civilian supporting casts do play a vital role in keeping the superhero protagonists somewhat level with baseline humanity, in terms of empathy if nothing else.
    That and just having normal people around them helps to humanize the characters, not that civilians are strictly needed for this, as other supers can be humanized too, but it's more believable if they know "normal" people.

I like the idea of MJ retaining some "tools of the trade" for her own defense, like modified web-shooting bracelets (they can be the same kind of model we see in Insomniac Games' version that's designed to seemingly fit on the underside of a smartwatch) and/or a smartwatch that can unfold into an Iron Man-style repulsor gauntlet, though beyond that . . .
    Funnily enough, Peter gave "web shooting bracelets" to MJ in I (heart) Marvel: Web of Romance:

https://i.imgur.com/Qm6mYLo.png

And since in this thread we like to keep track of the number of times Peter and MJ had sex, here's another one for the pile:

https://i.imgur.com/s4fGbY5.png

Seriously, whenever I even consider to try to keep track of all the times it happened, I give up within seconds, after those two got married, it happens too much, MJ's libido is a super-power by itself.

Wonder if Johnny would forgive Peter for this if he learned it made Peter score with MJ lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    The ever popular 'should MJ have powers / be super hero' debate...

Just give her a blood transfusion from a super soldier but not have her be a super hero. Gives her an edge in dangerous situations but keeps her as a civilian.
    Problem is that giving her any powers at all would stop making her be just a civilian, and would give Marvel more reasons for her to become a super-hero or villain.