Page 11 of 104 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess that probably depends on if McGuire wants to write 616 MJ.
    Well we’ve got Vita writing the Gwen Heroes Reborn one-shot.

I wonder if we'll get a Heroes Reborn MJ.

I would be surprised if they did anything like that. The most I'd be expecting is her to show up as a supporting civilian character in the Peter Parker story.

Civilian Gwen is a thing of the past now. I doubt you'll ever see her in that kind of role in any meaningful capacity again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I would be surprised if they did anything like that. The most I'd be expecting is her to show up as a supporting civilian character in the Peter Parker story.

Civilian Gwen is a thing of the past now. I doubt you'll ever see her in that kind of role in any meaningful capacity again.
    I wasn't implying that she'd be a hero, just that she'd appear at all.

What are your essential MJ stories?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    What are your essential MJ stories?
    ASM#25.
    ASM#42-44
    ASM#96-98
    ASM#121-122
    ASM#142-149
    ASM#238-242
    ASM#246
    ASM#259
    ASM Annual #19
    ASM #290-292
    ASM Annual #21
    Kraven's Last Hunt
    Parallel Lives
    Untold Tales of Spider-Man #16
    JMS' Spider-Man
    Marvel Knights Spider-Man
    Spider-Man Blue
    Web of Romance
    To Have and to Hold
    Renew Your Vows #19

Astonishing Member

I have a theory about that. You see, back in Amalgam Comics, Mary Jane Watson was merged with Lana Lang. And certainly, these two redhaired are quite similar to each other. Then, remembering Lana Lang's identity as "Insect Queen", how about if it turns out Mary Jane becomes "Spider-Woman" here?

I still want to believe Peter get his powers in Heroes Reborn, but since Uncle Ben never dies, he never had reasons to become Spider-Man. So, the idea of Mary Jane getting Spider-Powers instead (or too) could be MORE interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I have a theory about that. You see, back in Amalgam Comics, Mary Jane Watson was merged with Lana Lang. And certainly, these two redhaired are quite similar to each other. Then, remembering Lana Lang's identity as "Insect Queen", how about if it turns out Mary Jane becomes "Spider-Woman" here?

I still want to believe Peter get his powers in Heroes Reborn, but since Uncle Ben never dies, he never had reasons to become Spider-Man. So, the idea of Mary Jane getting Spider-Powers instead (or too) could be MORE interesting.
    The more images, speculations, and most of all possibilities open and discussions here on the forums the more interest and hopes I have for this upcoming Heroes Reborn Earth will be seeing. The hopes of the possibilities of new or seeing new sides to things for all.

I'm a fan of many Gwen(s), Peter(s), and MJ(s) of the Multiverse (moreso for Gwens and MJs sorry Peters ) Reading and seeing speculations here sparked my own hopes for what might be for the charterers and roads that might be taken. Wasn't sure where to post this as the possibilities invokes all three characters linked to the Spider franchise the most thus I'll type it here where currently the discussion of what might be is going on.

On 616 Peter had the powers while Gwen and MJ mostly the role of civilian living in a superhero world. Maybe in Heroes Reborn Peter will be the civilian and both Gwen and MJ are the secret superheroes in his life. Instead of getting powers Peter doesn't + Uncle Ben doesn't die. Unlike Earth-65 Peter this Heroes Reborn Peter might have problems BUT thanks to continued love, wisdom, and support by a living Uncle Ben, May, Gwen, MJ, and others in his life he's content enough with his life yet still values and sees wonders in superheroes. Many stores have that "I want to be special" which then leads to consqueses. Maybe in this world he's content with himself enough thanks to the people in his life but highly values the "special" around in his life. In my mind maybe he gets 'passed the torch' and plays the new generation role of Phil Sheldon (MARVELS 1994 series).

Phil disliked Peter in that series (as par the course with Peter Parker/Spider-man that one likes/respects one and dislikes the other found many times in stories). However in this world Phil and Peter have a Heart to Heart and Phil then see's himself in Peter. The awe he once saw in superheroes and a key eye in photography and wanting to show the truth. Phil retires passing his camera to Peter and hopes he's able to keep the passion he once had or can reignite. Meanwhile Peter has money troubles but not in the same way as before and not being Spiderman able to have the time to network and be seen with heroes and the people at the Daily Bugle moreso making people know about his reliability.
    Maybe a love triangle (unknown) he might be in of some sort like Peter of 616 has been in but instead both Gwen and MJ always disappear, late, or ghost him but he does seem to have the good fortune of being where Spider-Woman and Night-(???) is. (Note I know Heroes Reborn Gwen comic is called Night-Gwen but like Spider-Gwen series at first I doubt that's her Earth's hero name if she has a secret identity possibly)

Overall this Peter can have an interesting story without being a superhero himself like Phil Sheldon. This Peter can be his Earth's "next torch past to new era" Phil Sheldon and from Peter's eyes we see the inner Heroes Reborn Earth's working and civilian life. That twisting this the women in his life are the secrets superheroes while he remains a civilian yet with good storytelling just like MARVELS tradebook from 1994 from his new view points and story we learn about the Earth he lives/survives on.
    Last edited by AngelJD; 03-07-2021 at 03:11 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    The more images, speculations, and most of all possibilities open and discussions here on the forums the more interest and hopes I have for this upcoming Heroes Reborn Earth will be seeing. The hopes of the possibilities of new or seeing new sides to things for all.

I'm a fan of many Gwen(s), Peter(s), and MJ(s) of the Multiverse (moreso for Gwens and MJs sorry Peters ) Reading and seeing speculations here sparked my own hopes for what might be for the charterers and roads that might be taken. Wasn't sure where to post this as the possibilities invokes all three characters linked to the Spider franchise the most thus I'll type it here where currently the discussion of what might be is going on.

On 616 Peter had the powers while Gwen and MJ mostly the role of civilian living in a superhero world. Maybe in Heroes Reborn Peter will be the civilian and both Gwen and MJ are the secret superheroes in his life. Instead of getting powers Peter doesn't + Uncle Ben doesn't die. Unlike Earth-65 Peter this Heroes Reborn Peter might have problems BUT thanks to continued love, wisdom, and support by a living Uncle Ben, May, Gwen, MJ, and others in his life he's content enough with his life yet still values and sees wonders in superheroes. Many stores have that "I want to be special" which then leads to consqueses. Maybe in this world he's content with himself enough thanks to the people in his life but highly values the "special" around in his life. In my mind maybe he gets 'passed the torch' and plays the new generation role of Phil Sheldon (MARVELS 1994 series).

Phil disliked Peter in that series (as par the course with Peter Parker/Spider-man that one likes/respects one and dislikes the other found many times in stories). However in this world Phil and Peter have a Heart to Heart and Phil then see's himself in Peter. The awe he once saw in superheroes and a key eye in photography and wanting to show the truth. Phil retires passing his camera to Peter and hopes he's able to keep the passion he once had or can reignite. Meanwhile Peter has money troubles but not in the same way as before and not being Spiderman able to have the time to network and be seen with heroes and the people at the Daily Bugle moreso making people know about his reliability.
    Maybe a love triangle (unknown) he might be in of some sort like Peter of 616 has been in but instead both Gwen and MJ always disappear, late, or ghost him but he does seem to have the good fortune of being where Spider-Woman and Night-(???) is. (Note I know Heroes Reborn Gwen comic is called Night-Gwen but like Spider-Gwen series at first I doubt that's her Earth's hero name if she has a secret identity possibly)

Overall this Peter can have an interesting story without being a superhero himself like Phil Sheldon. This Peter can be his Earth's "next torch past to new era" Phil Sheldon and from Peter's eyes we see the inner Heroes Reborn Earth's working and civilian life. That twisting this the women in his life are the secrets superheroes while he remains a civilian yet with good storytelling just like MARVELS tradebook from 1994 from his new view points and story we learn about the Earth he lives/survives on.
    That's a quite interesting argument, but I still believe Peter must have his Spider-Powers in this reality.

Back to the very first promotional pictures of Heroes Reborn, we had a photographer Peter Parker at the sign of the Daily Bugle, looking at Hyperion flying. According to the official versions, before the spider's byte, Peter Parker was quite weak, even between kids of his age and it has a serious case of vertigo. Therefore, I highly doubt Peter Parker could be in such position in the Daily Bugle's sign (quite easy to fall from it) without having his spider-grab to stick to the floor/walls.

The new Heroes Reborn is "What if a twisted Justice League (yes, I know about the Crime Syndicate) took over Marvel?" And everything about this event reflects that.

So Peter Parker is reimagined as Jimmy Olsen in this event.

We see this with Gwen too. Since Gwen is no longer Spider-Man's dead girlfriend, but Spider-Gwen. So she's reimagined as Batgirl crossed with Harley Quinn.

That's why I have trouble seeing MJ with any real significance in this event. The most I would expect is a Lucy Lane type (Silver Age) in the Peter Parker story. But maybe I'll be wrong.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Thanks for sharing this. Every time I see Carlos Gomez do some sweet MJ art, I'm reminded of the travesty that was the abrupt cancellation of Amazing Mary Jane.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Gorgeous !

Although kind of weird on the chest emblem. It looks colored like the MCU Iron Spider but it elongates like the Parker Industries suit.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Gorgeous !

Although kind of weird on the chest emblem. It looks colored like the MCU Iron Spider but it elongates like the Parker Industries suit.
    I think the coloring is an attempt to capture the glow of the spider symbol on the Parker Industries costume, though going with yellow-gold instead of blue-green . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Since Marvel refused to bring AoA Gwen Stacy to Earth-616, why should they bring Spider-Gwen over? I think that the characters belong in their own universe. The goes from Miles and his supporting cast who belongs to Earth-1610. I think that the reason why Miles was brought over to Earth-616 was because Bendis wanted to continue writing the character for his Spider-Men 2 sequel. I which that Miles had stayed in his own universe.
    I think it's personal preference whether AU characters should stay in their own realities or be incorporated into the main one (I mean, we would never have gotten Harley Quinn or X-23 if they had just stayed in their cartoons). On the other hand, I think that Spider-Gwen is first Gwen Stacy who's essentially a new character with the same name than being the original Gwen who's life took a few different turns, hence why, on paper, she would ostensibly fit better.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)