Page 13 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I want to see MJ meet some of Peter's 'other' friends. The supers who know who he is.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I want to see MJ meet some of Peter's 'other' friends. The supers who know who he is.
    That was a big part of the fun of the original New Avengers run before the events of Civil War spoiled it, MJ meeting and getting to know some of his superhero allies, comrades, and even friends.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Is there any particular superhero you want to see her interact with? We've seen her interact with the Fantastic Four and various members of the New Avengers, and out-of-regular-continuity AUs like Silver Surfer Requiem saw her interact with the Silver Surfer.

I've said how I want her to meet Ghost Spider for obvious reasons.

Has she ever interacted with Daredevil? I don't think so.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've said how I want her to meet Ghost Spider for obvious reasons.

Yeah, that's a real shame.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That was a big part of the fun of the original New Avengers run before the events of Civil War spoiled it, MJ meeting and getting to know some of his superhero allies, comrades, and even friends.
    That is part of why I mentioned it...I liked her having a window into that part of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Is there any particular superhero you want to see her interact with? We've seen her interact with the Fantastic Four and various members of the New Avengers, and out-of-regular-continuity AUs like Silver Surfer Requiem saw her interact with the Silver Surfer.
    If I was to say anyone specific...Luke Cage and Jessica Jones. With Pete and Jessica having gone to school together it would be plausible for them to hang out like a couple of old classmates who reconnected.

Astonishing Member

You know?, with a clear plot involved Kindred incoming, and all the past references involving OMD which could be its undone incoming, I think it's pretty obvious something big involving Mary Jane is coming to Spider-Man comics, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    You know?, with a clear plot involved Kindred incoming, and all the past references involving OMD which could be its undone incoming, I think it's pretty obvious something big involving Mary Jane is coming to Spider-Man comics, don't you think?
    Considering Spencer seems to be wrapping stuff up in the near future, I'm wondering how soon before the Mysterio/movie plotline comes to a head.

I know, right?! My favorite will always be...

Amazing Spider-Man (1998) #50

They didn't meet face-to-face, but Matt knows she exist (Daredevil #160):
    Last edited by K7P5V; 04-05-2021 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! My favorite will always be...

Amazing Spider-Man (1998) #50

That was in my head too...but I am thinking more along the lines of a "downtime" issue. No super fight just the characters being shown in their daily lives. Pete and MJ are on a date night and while waiting in the bar area for a table Jessica Jones and Luke come in and bump into them...Pete introduces them by mentioning He and Jessica went to school together and MJ invites them to join them for dinner. You get to see them interacting in a completely non-super hero setting and they hang out for the night. Dinner, a pool hall, quiet walk thru the park, etc...and just talk about normal stuff.

Or Pete and MJ got to an Alicia Masters gallery showing and she and Alicia hit it off. If it has not been shown that Alicia knows Peter is Spidey you establish it there that she figured it out by hearing both Peter and Spidey and put it together.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 04-05-2021 at 05:41 AM.

Considering Spencer seems to be wrapping stuff up in the near future, I'm wondering how soon before the Mysterio/movie plotline comes to a head.
    The Mysterio/movie plotline feels like a good example of what Spencer seems to see as the conflict of Peter x MJ. The fact that MJ is willing to keep secrets from Peter even when it isn't in her best interest to do so.

(As far as relationship conflicts go, at least this one has some real basis in their shared history.)
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 04-05-2021 at 05:58 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The Mysterio/movie plotline feels like a good example of what Spencer seems to see as the conflict of Peter x MJ. The fact that MJ is willing to keep secrets from Peter even when it isn't in her best interest to do so.

(As far as relationship conflicts go, at least this one has some real basis in their shared history.)
    In fairness to MJ, Peter had kept his identity hidden from her for decades. I am of the opinion that MJ has a very good reason for keeping Mysterio hidden from Peter. The only questions are: 1: What is her motivation? 1a: Will Spencer explain why? 1b: If not will the dangling plot thread be addressed by some future writer to explore?

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    In fairness to MJ, Peter had kept his identity hidden from her for decades. I am of the opinion that MJ has a very good reason for keeping Mysterio hidden from Peter. The only questions are: 1: What is her motivation? 1a: Will Spencer explain why? 1b: If not will the dangling plot thread be addressed by some future writer to explore?
    It's not just about Mysterio. She clearly knows more about Kindred and why he's so mad at Peter, but she hasn't said what she knows.

(I'm not disparaging MJ for keeping secrets from Peter. He pulls this crap all the time.)

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I know, right?! There's also the matter of Pete not sharing ALL of his adventures with MJ

That was in my head too...but I am thinking more along the lines of a "downtime" issue. No super fight just the characters being shown in their daily lives. Pete and MJ are on a date night and while waiting in the bar area for a table Jessica Jones and Luke come in and bump into them...Pete introduces them by mentioning He and Jessica went to school together and MJ invites them to join them for dinner. You get to see them interacting in a completely non-super hero setting and they hang out for the night. Dinner, a pool hall, quiet walk thru the park, etc...and just talk about normal stuff.

Or Pete and MJ got to an Alicia Masters gallery showing and she and Alicia hit it off. If it has not been shown that Alicia knows Peter is Spidey you establish it there that she figured it out by hearing both Peter and Spidey and put it together.
    LOL! Good memory about Pete & Alicia. That actually happened in Web of Spider-Man #73 (February, 1991):
    Last edited by K7P5V; 04-05-2021 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! Good memory about Pete & Alicia. That actually happened in Web of Spider-Man #73 (February, 1991):
    I figure she has been in situations where she knows she is talking to Peter...and also situations that she knows she has been talking to Spider-Man...so she knows.