Page 24 of 104 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Is mostly just writer trying to push a prefered pairing or their personal idea of what would be best for Peter/the story and failling in getting the fans invested on then, but in his overall story, only 3 of then matter. The rest were just kind of a thing for a while and then banished, most of then didn't even date him.
    I see. I've never gotten the whole "multiple love interest" business. Just have one permanent relationship and be done with it

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    How is it this one guy has so many women throwing themselves at him?
    In universe.As peter he is one of the smartest people on the planet,great moral compass,good values and hot as hell(I think he is 6 feet now but was 5 11 when younger?can someone confirm,Also how tall is miles and miguel).Also because he can stick anything to anything and friction and what we have seen MJ and Black cat say he is great in bed.As spider-man he is one of the few heroes who is somewhat balanced in life,all other factors from above.Also he is funny af(although in universe most people find it annoying).He would get all the girls he gets now.
    In comics it is because he is one of if not the most popular characters and thus has had many different writers who pair him with different women they ship him with

Extraordinary Member

I see. I've never gotten the whole "multiple love interest" business. Just have one permanent relationship and be done with it
    That is the opposite of everything romance in comics.Specially for someone as popular as Spider-man.i think romances like Gwen and Felicia are integral to his story and then have MJ end-game.And some of Captain Marvel/Silver Sable/Black Widow stuff in between just for kicks in comics.Movies and TV series should stay with 1-4(I would go for the classic 3 as they tell the best story)

I guess so. I never understood why he needed so many love interests
    He basically has just 3. Gwen, Felicia and MJ

Ultimate Member

That's really one of the things I don't care for in comics, or any medium. Revolving love interests, love triangles, lack of stable relationships, lack of people who can be happy just being alone. I'd like to see less of all that

Extraordinary Member

That's really one of the things I don't care for in comics, or any medium. Revolving love interests, love triangles, lack of stable relationships, lack of people who can be happy just being alone. I'd like to see less of all that

I have this complaint about both Peter and Johnny Storm...it is time they were both written as responsible adults...I am not saying they can't have a sense of humor and have fun...but with everything they have been through presenting each of them as an immature man child because it is more 'relatable' makes no sense....

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

I have this complaint about both Peter and Johnny Storm...it is time they were both written as responsible adults...I am not saying they can't have a sense of humor and have fun...but with everything they have been through presenting each of them as an immature man child because it is more 'relatable' makes no sense....
    Although I don't use the term man child, I agree! Either put them in a permanent, non-toxic relationship forever, or keep them alone forever and happy with it. I don't find having a bunch of different girlfriends relatable

Extraordinary Member

Amen.This is just pure facts

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    He basically has just 3. Gwen, Felicia and MJ
    At least three that really matter and impact his character significantly.

Extraordinary Member

Although I don't use the term man child, I agree! Either put them in a permanent, non-toxic relationship forever, or keep them alone forever and happy with it. I don't find having a bunch of different girlfriends relatable
    man-child was all slott.Also nothing is permanent in comics but they both need long term relationships.Like 10-15 years in real time

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    man-child was all slott.Also nothing is permanent in comics but they both need long term relationships.Like 10-15 years in real time
    Especially since we have newer heroes like Miles Morales filling that slot. We don't need ones like Peter to be stuck in the same age.

Yet comics also can't have someone who's single forever, and who doesn't need romance. That would be good too

Extraordinary Member

Especially since we have newer heroes like Miles Morales filling that slot. We don't need ones like Peter to be stuck in the same age.

Yet comics also can't have someone who's single forever, and who doesn't need romance. That would be good too
    It annoys me how they portray miles as mature and respected even though it is not earned.I have no problem if they gave us stuff where he earned it(in the 616).Not saying he doesn't deserve any but he gets way more than he has earned.Spencer is doing damage control.
    Romance in comics will always be tricky since different writers have different views yada yada

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    It annoys me how they portray miles as mature and respected even though it is not earned.I have no problem if they gave us stuff where he earned it(in the 616).Not saying he doesn't deserve any but he gets way more than he has earned.Spencer is doing damage control.
    Romance in comics will always be tricky since different writers have different views yada yada
    Idk. Did Peter Parker earn his powers?

It seems Marvel is willing to push writers around with editorial mandates, but never sensible ones, like "Put Peter in a permanent relationship"

Extraordinary Member

Idk. Did Peter Parker earn his powers?

It seems Marvel is willing to push writers around with editorial mandates, but never sensible ones, like "Put Peter in a permanent relationship"
    Peter earned his respect. No matter that he deals with the stress with humor and quips...he is well respected as a hero.

And an editorial mandate is what it would take...but it seems like editors are just there in name only most of the time and let writers do pretty much whatever they want...no matter how bad.

Ultimate Member

Peter earned his respect. No matter that he deals with the stress with humor and quips...he is well respected as a hero.

And an editorial mandate is what it would take...but it seems like editors are just there in name only most of the time and let writers do pretty much whatever they want...no matter how bad.
    I guess he did. But I've never really gotten into the idea of "earning it" in superhero universes. Peter mainly operates in one city, so idk how much respect he even merits next to guys like the Avengers.

It seems like editors can be heavy handed when they want to, like making Avengers and X-Men fight each other, or keeping any of these characters from aging. It seems more the intention of the mandate, rather than the level of it, which is the problem