Page 28 of 104 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    That would require Peter to be over 30
    Funny enough, Peter’s friends/peers having families and the like doesn’t do him any favors when it comes to “youthfulness”.

How old is Normie supposed to be now?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Funny enough, Peter’s friends/peers having families and the like doesn’t do him any favors when it comes to “youthfulness”.

How old is Normie supposed to be now?
    I don't even remember. But as he gets older, so should Peter. Didn't Gwen have adult kids?

Extraordinary Member

I don't even remember. But as he gets older, so should Peter. Didn't Gwen have adult kids?
    Ummmmmm.We don't talk about that ever.Sir I am going to ask you to delete your post and take a holy bath

I posted this somewhere else, but I'll post it here because it's about the Peter and MJ romance.

I actually think the long build-up is really important to Peter and MJ.

Aunt May plays matchmaker and sets up her nephew to go out with her best friend's niece (doesn't have to be her niece, but it's a good parallel to Peter being May's nephew). Peter objects. He's seeing someone else or he's interested in someone else. May doesn't care.

After avoiding it for a long period of time, Peter finally meets MJ. And she utters her iconic line.

But she and Peter don't just get together immediately. Sure, MJ's certainly attractive, and she knows it, but there's something off. She's hard to approach. She's too guarded (even though she doesn't appear to be). It's hard to believe Aunt May wanted Peter to be with this girl. May must be losing it. So Peter and MJ drift apart.

Then something happens. Something traumatic. Something horrific. And MJ drops her guard and reveals a sense of compassion and empathy that is... surprising.

And suddenly it becomes clear that Aunt May knows Peter more than he realized.

Anyways, Peter and MJ are great, and it bums me out that one of Marvel's best romances has been given the shaft on the big screen once again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I posted this somewhere else, but I'll post it here because it's about the Peter and MJ romance.
    I am the opposite...I just want them to be up state on vacation for a long weekend and they just get married. No lead up, no fanfare, no marketing push so fans know it's coming.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    And another thing is..rushing it could also be bad. It's been nice having at least a few years of no drama between peter and MJ, at most just the fact that they were long distance. But neithers love for each other ever wavered over the past few years, which is really nice.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Ummmmmm.We don't talk about that ever.Sir I am going to ask you to delete your post and take a holy bath
    Haha, ok. But it still means Peter should be way older than Marvel pretends, right?

Haha, ok. But it still means Peter should be way older than Marvel pretends, right?
    Nah, the Sins Past story included that the adult kids had accelerated aging bc of the goblin serum.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Nah, the Sins Past story included that the adult kids had accelerated aging bc of the goblin serum.
    Oh, I forgot. Of course, why wouldn't I forget that storyline?

Extraordinary Member

Np.It's because of the serum.Although that is B.S. since normie and stanley age just fine.Also the fast aging is an excuse to make way for getting gwen to give birth and then get killed looking normal in the span of a few weeks.even then it doesn't line up.It is also never mentioned in canon spider-man stuff and also never when peter thinks of gwen.It's bad fanfic we got because satan could not reach us.Forget about it my guy,everyone else does.Or better yet retcon it.Actually spencer did refer to it and I really hope he or someone else retcons it asap
    It's like the cursed child for harry potter.It is written much later than the original event and destroy the characters either directly or via legacy and is and should be ignored.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 04-22-2021 at 07:41 AM.

Ultimate Member

Np.It's because of the serum.Although that is B.S. since normie and stanley age just fine.Also the fast aging is an excuse to make way for getting gwen to give birth and then get killed looking normal in the span of a few weeks.even then it doesn't line up.It is also never mentioned in canon spider-man stuff and also never when peter thinks of gwen.It's bad fanfic we got because satan could not reach us.Forget about it my guy,everyone else does.Or better yet retcon it.Actually spencer did refer to it and I really hope he or someone else retcons it asap
    It's like the cursed child for harry potter.It is written much later than the original event and destroy the characters either directly or via legacy and is and should be ignored.
    Yeah, it's probably best left behind in the annals of Marvel history, forgotten but never forgiven

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, it's probably best left behind in the annals of Marvel history, forgotten but never forgiven
    Yup.Only time it's okay to bring it up is for a retcon.Marvel please please do a retcon.

Ultimate Member

Yup.Only time it's okay to bring it up is for a retcon.Marvel please please do a retcon.
    It was Mephisto all along!

Extraordinary Member

It was Mephisto all along!
    Norman and mephisto doing the horizontal tango would be a great deadpool type retcon.I'm in

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    You know an interesting "What If...?" story I would like to read? A story where, instead of Cindy Moon, the person who the radioactive spider bit after Peter Parker was Mary Jane. With MJ's natural sense for fashion, she could make excellent clothes out of silk. And I think it would be interesting to see how the "animal attraction" between Silk and Spider-Man would have affected their relationship.
    Great idea! I actually thought that was going to happen after I finished reading...

Ultimate Spider-Man #1
    (October, 2000)

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-22-2021 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.