Page 3 of 104 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    To be honest, this wouldn't be so different than MJ becoming Ultimate Spider-Woman in "Ultimate Spider-Man". Well, except MJ-Carnage in comics is more nightmarish than "Queen Carnage" in the animated series. And I can't stop worrying if, by any chance, 616's MJ will be affected by this somehow.
    Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I prefer the classic loose, flowing, red hair but I'm not against a new look so long as she doesn't cut her hair.

The Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon kind of sold me on the ponytail.
    Yeah, that version of Mary Jane was pretty much the best part of that cartoon, and was sadly underused in my opinion. Would've liked to see her as one of the "neighborhood resistance" against the symbiote invasion in that particular episode.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, that version of Mary Jane was pretty much the best part of that cartoon, and was sadly underused in my opinion. Would've liked to see her as one of the "neighborhood resistance" against the symbiote invasion in that particular episode.
    I think that's pretty much the universal opinion regarding her use on the show.

I feel it would've benefitted them a lot to have introduced her earlier and done more with her instead of having to basically shove in as much of her as they could fit in the last two episodes because they were focused on too much else before.

I feel it would've benefitted them a lot to have introduced her earlier and done more with her instead of having to basically shove in as much of her as they could fit in the last two episodes because they were focused on too much else before.
    Generally concur.

Astonishing Member

Still not convinced that the show needed her.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Still not convinced that the show needed her.
    By the end of the season I'm convinced the show needed more of her.

Astonishing Member

By the end of the season I'm convinced the show needed more of her.
    It had enough characters. It didn't need more characters that weren't going to be developed.

It had enough characters. It didn't need more characters that weren't going to be developed.
    I think what she brought to the show was worth more than Ironheart, Amadeus Cho, or Moon Knight, so if there's anything I'd cut it was most of the guest heroes and focus more on developing her relationship with Peter and integrating her into the cast.

I think what she brought to the show was worth more than Ironheart, Amadeus Cho, or Moon Knight, so if there's anything I'd cut it was most of the guest heroes and focus more on developing her relationship with Peter and integrating her into the cast.
    As someone who doesn't hate or dislike any of those characters, I'd generally agree with that assessment. Nice fanservice cameos, but not quite as necessary as developing the core cast of characters and how Mary Jane would fit in with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    As someone who doesn't hate or dislike any of those characters, I'd generally agree with that assessment. Nice fanservice cameos, but not quite as necessary as developing the core cast of characters and how Mary Jane would fit in with them.
    Yeah, they were fun team-ups, but plot-wise they really didn't contribute much to the overall story of the season and Peter's character compared to MJ who was someone he was attracted to and brought a different perspective to how he (and the rest of the Horizon kids, really) looked at things.

Yeah, they were fun team-ups, but plot-wise they really didn't contribute much to the overall story of the season and Peter's character compared to MJ who was someone he was attracted to and brought a different perspective to how he (and the rest of the Horizon kids, really) looked at things.
    Agreed. The show needed LESS of the Horizon Kids and other super hero guest stars. Would have made for a stronger show.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Agreed. The show needed LESS of the Horizon Kids and other super hero guest stars. Would have made for a stronger show.
    No, it needed the Horizon Kids. Just not the constant guest stars.

No, it needed the Horizon Kids. Just not the constant guest stars.
    I think the show needed a better balance of the Horizon kids and normal kids for Peter to interact with.

I don't think Peter's entire supporting cast on the show needed to be fellow Spider-Heroes with the exact same love of science and motivation as Peter. Which is why MJ was so refreshing.

Astonishing Member

I think the show needed a better balance of the Horizon kids and normal kids for Peter to interact with.

I don't think Peter's entire supporting cast on the show needed to be fellow Spider-Heroes with the exact same love of science and motivation as Peter. Which is why MJ was so refreshing.
    It didn't need a balance. What it needed was a focused cast. They kept on bouncing Peter around from person to person. The final season was no different.

It didn't need a balance. What it needed was a focused cast. They kept on bouncing Peter around from person to person. The final season was no different.
    The show definitely couldn't keep a consistent focus on anyone other than Peter but I think more variety in Peter's social life would have benefited his supporting cast on the show.

I prefer the classic loose, flowing, red hair but I'm not against a new look so long as she doesn't cut her hair.

The Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon kind of sold me on the ponytail.
    The Insomniac game did the same for me.