Page 43 of 104 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I hope Mysterio shows up and tries to defend MJ in some way, he kinda owes her one.
    Preview pages indicate this might be the case

Premier MJ is gorgeous !

And yeah, it looks like Mysterio is charging at the Savage Six to either protect MJ or the theater. And nobody is around, so I guess she'll only need to explain Mysterio to Peter.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Premier MJ is gorgeous !

And yeah, it looks like Mysterio is charging at the Savage Six to either protect MJ or the theater. And nobody is around, so I guess she'll only need to explain Mysterio to Peter.
    Is this where the s*** hits the fan for their relationship? I hope not, but knowing how things tend to go . . . Then again, given how the run seems to be ending, it could just be a bump in the road to their eternal happiness.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    yeah reporter mj is annoying in ps4 spiderman
    I don't understand the reporter angle they are pushing with her.

You think in this age of influencers, Youtubers, Tick-Tokers and cosplayers, MJ would be more relevant now than before. A modern MJ would be making clips of her acting or posting her photos on IG.

An actor/model opens up as many doors as a reporter does since both jobs have the same narrative benefits; justification for the character being anywhere, flexible hours and is possible to keep them grounded and relatable without them becoming too 'wealthy'.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

You think in this age of influencers, Youtubers, Tick-Tokers and cosplayers, MJ would be more relevant now than before. A modern MJ would be making clips of her acting or posting her photos on IG.

An actor/model opens up as many doors as a reporter does since both jobs have the same narrative benefits; justification for the character being anywhere, flexible hours and is possible to keep them grounded and relatable without them becoming too 'wealthy'.
    MJ doesn't strike me someone who would be very active on Social Media.
    When she would though it would be great ones but she wouldn't do it often.
    Also she won't do tik-toks and stuff like that from home.Only if it was part of her contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Whoah! It really sounds a lot like Peter and Mary Jane's OMD, huh?
    Predates it by nine years too. Hell to Pay was in 1997.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/The_Flash_Vol_2_127
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    MJ doesn't strike me someone who would be very active on Social Media.
    When she would though it would be great ones but she wouldn't do it often.
    Also she won't do tik-toks and stuff like that from home.Only if it was part of her contract.
    I think MJ would use it for work...but maybe keep her personal life off of it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I think MJ would use it for work...but maybe keep her personal life off of it.
    Exactly.
    She would promote her movie and if she is at an event or something.
    But won't make videos or reels or whatever.Just work stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

I think the point was to give her an excuse to get involved in the games story and be playable, so an investigative reporter was the solution even if, personality wise, it just made her come off more like a Lois Lane pastiche.

I dig the meta narrative about MJ being an actress. She said right up front that she had more going on than it seemed. (I know that wasn't the intention, but it definitely worked out that way.)

She's a story chameleon. Able to take on any role that the story needs her to.

(More characters in super hero stories should be actors. Although that might come across as too pretentious, lol.)

Not specifically Mary Jane related, but Laura Bailey is going to be voicing the actual Lois Lane in the upcoming Injustice animated movie (Yuri Lowenthal will be in it as Flash and Shazam) which I found kind of funny .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not specifically Mary Jane related, but Laura Bailey is going to be voicing the actual Lois Lane in the upcoming Injustice animated movie (Yuri Lowenthal will be in it as Flash and Shazam) which I found kind of funny .
    Yeah, that is pretty funny. Yuri Lowenthal as the Flash? That should be interesting, too. That said, given what happened in Sinister War #1 . . . you think that's gonna do anything for or to Mary Jane and her relationship with Peter, now that he knows she and Mysterio were working together on that film?

On the topic of her "job." I liked what I saw of the 2017 cartoon's athlete MJ, though that was in the context of high school and for basically the tail end of the series.
    Pull List:
    - Action Comics
    - Moon Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaeus View Post
    On the topic of her "job." I liked what I saw of the 2017 cartoon's athlete MJ, though that was in the context of high school and for basically the tail end of the series.
    Same here. She was fun. I'm just annoyed and disappointed she was introduced at the end of the series, though that might be because Maximum Venom had a different showrunner.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaeus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same here. She was fun. I'm just annoyed and disappointed she was introduced at the end of the series, though that might be because Maximum Venom had a different showrunner.
    Hard same...