Page 46 of 104 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Strictly revisionist history. That is not why Jonah goes after Spider-Man. He said it himself: He is jealous of Spider-Man.
    Fair enough, although considering petty jealousy of Spider-Man puts him in the same territory as Lex Luthor going after Superman over at DC . . . I can understand later comics revising his motivations into something more sympathetic or at least nobler-sounding.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Fair enough, although considering petty jealousy of Spider-Man puts him in the same territory as Lex Luthor going after Superman over at DC . . . I can understand later comics revising his motivations into something more sympathetic or at least nobler-sounding.
    JJJ is not on the same level of Luthor ( although he did some bad things down through the years ( Smythe for example)). Harry might be a better comparison to Luthor.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

JJJ is not on the same level of Luthor ( although he did some bad things down through the years ( Smythe for example)). Harry might be a better comparison to Luthor.
    And Scorpion, let's not forget, though also fair on comparing Harry with Luthor insofar as both of them being driven by envy and resentment of the hero that was once their best friend (going by Smallville's portrayal of how Lex Luthor's antagonism toward Superman developed, especially given his father Lionel was somewhat similar to many versions of Norman Osborn).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

So MJ being friends with Carlie Cooper seems a bit forced for me. I don't see why she'd track down her missing friend like she did. I remember MJ being respectful to Carlie when she was dating Peter, but I don't remember how they get along like they do now. Did I miss something? Were they friends during that Spider-Queen event or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    So MJ being friends with Carlie Cooper seems a bit forced for me. I don't see why she'd track down her missing friend like she did. I remember MJ being respectful to Carlie when she was dating Peter, but I don't remember how they get along like they do now. Did I miss something? Were they friends during that Spider-Queen event or something?
    It feels like they became friends after Carlie broke up with Peter, and learned that MJ also knew Peter was Spider-Man. But they didn't spend a lot of panel time together before they both left the book following Superior. MJ came back from time to time until Spencer took over, and then Carlie also returned.

Mighty Member

I don't think it's a bit forced

Not long after Peter and Mary Jane got back together, Carlie met Mary Jane again and recommended that Mary Jane check out the Lookups which was a support group for people that personally know superheroes.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think it's forced but I wish they developed it better.I also wish the same for her and Black Cat.
    I really hope MJ, May and Black cat who are mentioned in Beyond are on peter's side.I don't want them to be written to said that Ben is the better Spider-man or other sh*t like that.Specially worried about the Cat.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I don't think it's forced but I wish they developed it better.I also wish the same for her and Black Cat.
    I really hope MJ, May and Black cat who are mentioned in Beyond are on peter's side.I don't want them to be written to said that Ben is the better Spider-man or other sh*t like that.Specially worried about the Cat.
    They definitely better NOT to. I admit Ben has some advantages over Peter, but being Spider-Man has never being about "be perfect". More like "be the heart of people as a friendly neighborhood". It's like when Peter talked with Gwen's clone in the Clone Conspiracy; Ben and Kaine are clones of Peter, but they are not him. And therefore, neither of them can be a better Spider-Man; because being Spider-Man is not at all about a stupid competition.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    They definitely better NOT to. I admit Ben has some advantages over Peter, but being Spider-Man has never being about "be perfect". More like "be the heart of people as a friendly neighborhood". It's like when Peter talked with Gwen's clone in the Clone Conspiracy; Ben and Kaine are clones of Peter, but they are not him. And therefore, neither of them can be a better Spider-Man; because being Spider-Man is not at all about a stupid competition.
    That's not my point at all.
    My point is when the new guy is hyped by sh*tting on the og.
    And in FCBD spoilers Beyond Corp, Ben's team already said he was the real Spider-man.I don't see why Peter's support group who love him much more can't say the same.

And Peter has been through much more than the others.
    And people like Madame Web and Spider-UK with connection to the Web of Life and Destiny and Dimensional Development Court(looking over and maintaining the integrity of Omniverse) have already said that he is the best of them and the moral lynchpin of the Web.
    Cable(Pre-Secret wars) and Miguel(Post-Secret wars) have both said Spider-man was the best hero.Even in the other future stories he is considered the best of the heroic age.
    Even Ben Reilly of earth-94 considers him the best Spider-totem.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 08-01-2021 at 01:36 AM.

Astonishing Member

That's not my point at all.
    My point is when the new guy is hyped by sh*tting on the og.
    And in FCBD spoilers Beyond Corp, Ben's team already said he was the real Spider-man.I don't see why Peter's support group who love him much more can't say the same.

And Peter has been through much more than the others.
    And people like Madame Web and Spider-UK with connection to the Web of Life and Destiny and Dimensional Development Court(looking over and maintaining the integrity of Omniverse) have already said that he is the best of them and the moral lynchpin of the Web.
    Cable(Pre-Secret wars) and Miguel(Post-Secret wars) have both said Spider-man was the best hero.Even in the other future stories he is considered the best of the heroic age.
    Even Ben Reilly of earth-94 considers him the best Spider-totem.
    Saying a copy of Peter is better then Peter is like saying a knockoff of a Picasso work of art is better then the original or Jayne Mansfield is better then Marilyn Monroe.

Extraordinary Member

Saying a copy of Peter is better then Peter is like saying a knockoff of a Picasso work of art is better then the original or Jayne Mansfield is better then Marilyn Monroe.
    I agree.Peter is better and it's pretty clear

Extraordinary Member

Miketheeditor(On YT) just posted a dub of The Backstory of Mary jane watson.
    He does great dubs, check em out.

Also does anyone know if Peter was MJ's first?
    IIRC they retconned MJ to be Peter's.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 08-04-2021 at 08:10 AM.

Miketheeditor just posted a dub of The Backstory of Mary jane watson.
    He does great dubs, check em out.

Also does anyone know if Peter was MJ's first?
    IIRC they retconned MJ to be Peter's.
    I don't think there's any need to retcon it, she was most likely his first.

I think there's a chance Peter might not be MJ's, but I think it's possible he was just because I could believe MJ dated around a bunch of guys but never got intimate enough with them because of her personality and view of relationships.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think there's any need to retcon it, she was most likely his first.

I think there's a chance Peter might not be MJ's, but I think it's possible he was just because I could believe MJ dated around a bunch of guys but never got intimate enough with them because of her personality and view of relationships.
    No.I mean it was Gwen pretty clearly, then SP was the retcon.Even Spider-man blue which is mostly canon complaint asides from SP(which everyone knows is a mess of editorial and extremely out of character) goes the same route.

Exactly how I see it.She would date and maybe Kiss but she would keep her first for a proper relationship.

No.I mean it was Gwen pretty clearly, then SP was the retcon.Even Spider-man blue which is mostly canon complaint asides from SP(which everyone knows is a mess of editorial and extremely out of character) goes the same route.

Exactly how I see it.She would date and maybe Kiss but she would keep her first for a proper relationship.
    I don't think it was ever clearly Gwen? It's like how Peter knew the kids in Sins Past weren't his, he never slept with Gwen. I don't think there was ever any indication that they were that deep into their relationship.

Obviously the moment in Blue was very suggestive but that story isn't straight canon.