Page 50 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    2)Bruh you're reaching, that can be said for any flashback in comics ever.
    Well yeah.

Flashbacks in comics especially personal first person flashbacks are often subject to unreliable narrator.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Oof

Now that's a lot of damage

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Well yeah.

Flashbacks in comics especially personal first person flashbacks are often subject to unreliable narrator.
    Love how you ignore all the other points since you have no rebuttal for them

And unless something is said or hinted at to be daydreaming, it's not.Period.

It's not an ongoing book that may have such a twist, it's been years since it came out and we haven't seen the slightest hint of it being a daydream.

BANNED

Love how you ignore all the other points since you have no rebuttal for them

And unless something is said or hinted at to be daydreaming, it's not.Period.

It's not an ongoing book that may have such a twist, it's been years since it came out and we haven't seen the slightest hint of it being a daydream.
    But nothing in Blue has ever been acknowledged. There’s no mention of Peter doing yearly recordings about Gwen either.

I mean there are Valentine’s Day stories before and after where Peter doesn’t fixate on Gwen. Like Tom Beland’s Web or Romance has Peter think that maybe he and Gwen wouldn’t have worked out after all.

So if you want an explanation that makes sense. This happened maybe a year or so when they married. And Peter stopped recording after. Maybe it’s a story about letting go.

But nothing in Blue has ever been acknowledged. There’s no mention of Peter doing yearly recordings about Gwen either.

I mean there are Valentine’s Day stories before and after where Peter doesn’t fixate on Gwen. Like Tom Beland’s Web or Romance has Peter think that maybe he and Gwen wouldn’t have worked out after all.

So if you want an explanation that makes sense. This happened maybe a year or so when they married. And Peter stopped recording after. Maybe it’s a story about letting go.
    Yeah, if a story gets ignored, it's probably not canon.

Extraordinary Member

So, there are many stories that haven't been acknowledged.That doesn't mean they aren't canon.Heck most mini or one-shots aren't acknowledged like Astonishing Spider-man and Wolverine.They are still canon.

I don't think he records every year.

Yeah, I agree.I mean we know for a fact he has moved on, it's just nostalgia and remembering old times and his guilt.

I don't think Blue is challenging that.If anything it cements that Peter and MJ are made for each other even more.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, if a story gets ignored, it's probably not canon.
    Most mini's and one-shots get ignored, doesn't mean they aren't canon.
    Take Astonishing Spider-man and Wolverine for example.

And all the other color books like Daredevil:Yellow are canon as well.Why won't this be?

Extraordinary Member

And for people saying it's not canon because of inconsistencies:-

1)In I (heart) Marvel: Web of Romance[It's an amazing issue btw, please read it] Peter gives MJ web shooters which she uses which shouldn't be possible since she is human and humans can't use web shooters, this was established in canon.So does this mean it's not canon.

2)Peter can stick his mask to his face to prevent it from being removed yet when he is strangling Vulture he pulls off is mask and better yet Peter's mask gets pulled off in an New Avengers comic prison break even though he's trying to keep it on.Does this mean those 2 comics aren't canon.

3)Peter has met Pyslocke before in contest of champions but in A+X 16(IIRC) he acts like he never met her.Does this mean it's not canon.

It's hard for readers to determine what is canon and what is not because writers themselves can't.Because CANON CONTRADICTS ITSELF.

Again you can consider these inconsistencies or small retcons.I think they are inconsistencies.

So if you say Blue isn't canon because of small inconsistencies yet all the other comics mentioned here are even though they have bigger inconsistencies then that's just Bias.

And Blue came out in 2003, so even if you believe retcons then Blue is the retcon.
    Once Spencer is done with Sins Past (if he is doing it) we can address that.Sins Past came in 2004, thus being the latest retcon but with Mephisto, Mysterio, Stromm , Osborn, etc. I want to wait.

Also small inconsistencies can be chalked to memory like Dialogue and dresses, even though we here people talk who Peter couldn't here so that's a problem with the theory here.But his first time w/ Gwen or even her coming to his room and them talking is way too big to be chalked to that.Just not viable.

Believe what you want, but there is a very strong argument that Blue is canon.

1)In I (heart) Marvel: Web of Romance[It's an amazing issue btw, please read it] Peter gives MJ web shooters which she uses which shouldn't be possible since she is human and humans can't use web shooters, this was established in canon.So does this mean it's not canon.

2)Peter can stick his mask to his face to prevent it from being removed yet when he is strangling Vulture he pulls off is mask and better yet Peter's mask gets pulled off in an New Avengers comic prison break even though he's trying to keep it on.Does this mean those 2 comics aren't canon.

3)Peter has met Pyslocke before in contest of champions but in A+X 16(IIRC) he acts like he never met her.Does this mean it's not canon.

It's hard for readers to determine what is canon and what is not because writers themselves can't.Because CANON CONTRADICTS ITSELF.

Again you can consider these inconsistencies or small retcons.I think they are inconsistencies.

So if you say Blue isn't canon because of small inconsistencies yet all the other comics mentioned here are even though they have bigger inconsistencies then that's just Bias.

And Blue came out in 2003, so even if you believe retcons then Blue is the retcon.
    Once Spencer is done with Sins Past (if he is doing it) we can address that.Sins Past came in 2004, thus being the latest retcon but with Mephisto, Mysterio, Stromm , Osborn, etc. I want to wait.

Also small inconsistencies can be chalked to memory like Dialogue and dresses, even though we here people talk who Peter couldn't here so that's a problem with the theory here.But his first time w/ Gwen or even her coming to his room and them talking is way too big to be chalked to that.Just not viable.

Argument? Not really. You didn't explain why you think it IS canon at all. It's an explanation of how it "could" be canon, if a writer chose to do so... but at the same time you also argued that any writer who wishes to ignore it can do so easily.

also the argument that normal people can't use web-shooters? lol wut? Where did THAT come from? There's SEVERAL non-spider-totem characters who use them.

Extraordinary Member

Argument? Not really. You didn't explain why you think it IS canon at all. It's an explanation of how it "could" be canon, if a writer chose to do so... but at the same time you also argued that any writer who wishes to ignore it can do so easily.

also the argument that normal people can't use web-shooters? lol wut? Where did THAT come from? There's SEVERAL non-spider-totem characters who use them.
    Again unless Marvel says a comic is not canon, it is.It's up to you to prove it's not.I've disproved why people say it's not canon.
    Even the series it's part of(the color series like DD:Yellow and Hulk one) are canon.

A writer can ignore almost any story if they want to if they don't care too much about continuity which seems to be the case with some.

Again I said readers can't determine what's canon since canon contradicts itself.So unless marvel says it's not canon, it is.
    Even if a future story goes against it like Sins Past, it's a retcon.

It's in a story where the web-shooters were stolen IIRC.The guy can't get is to work and needs to slam it with a mallet which works.

And everything else still stands.

Again believe what you want, I was just saying there is no absolute case that it's not canon.If you want to believe it's not that's cool, same way I believe it is.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 08-13-2021 at 01:55 PM.

Extraordinary Member

All this canon and AU talk has me thinking has anyone read A study in Scarlet and Blue fan-comic.
    It's MJ and peter but MJ is taskmaster's daughter, personality is different as well but the art is great.
    (Also know I said it before but gonna leave Blue topic now, for reals hopefully)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Ha, good one.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

*stuff*... meh. the question here is relevant because "canon" does not mean 616 official timeline.. It can be any of near infinite timelines.

It's in a story where the web-shooters were stolen IIRC.The guy can't get is to work and needs to slam it with a mallet which works.
    Oh... THAT... that's because the pressure sensitivity on the trigger required super-human strength. It's not an inherent design limitation. All you need to do in change the pressure sensitivity.

Mighty Member

a lot of people think it's canon
    a lot of people don't think it's canon

perceptions are relative
    Last edited by Starrius; 08-13-2021 at 06:07 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Mighty Member

*stuff*... meh. the question here is relevant because "canon" does not mean 616 official timeline.. It can be any of near infinite timelines.

Oh... THAT... that's because the pressure sensitivity on the trigger required super-human strength. It's not an inherent design limitation. All you need to do in change the pressure sensitivity.
    good point

also....he could have made Mary Jane's webshooters in a way that she didn't need to have super strength to use them
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.