Page 51 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

What do you think of this?:

Peter Would Rather Be With Gwen Than With Mary Jane

The character of Mary Jane Watson was created to add some drama to the Peter Parker/Gwen Stacy relationship. The writers soon realised that Mary Jane was the far more interesting character. They started to put the spotlight on her and pushed Gwen Stacy further into the background. After Gwen died, Peter and Mary Jane grew closer. They would eventually fall in love and get married.

Mary Jane Watson and Peter Parker were together for many years (before the horrible "One More Day" event). It has been established that she is the love of Spider-Man's life... or so it might seem.

In 2005, Marvel ran a crossover event called House of M. The Scarlet Witch used her powers to remake reality in such a way that all of the heroes would receive their heart's desires. For Peter Parker, this meant that he was married to Gwen Stacy and the pair had children. Despite what he might say in the regular continuity, Peter Parker's heart belongs to his first girlfriend.

https://screenrant.com/spider-man-15...0Betty%20Brant.

Peter's heart's desire was him not making the mistakes that led to him losing his Uncle Ben and Gwen
    Last edited by Starrius; 08-13-2021 at 06:41 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post

The character of Mary Jane Watson was created to add some drama to the Peter Parker/Gwen Stacy relationship. The writers soon realised that Mary Jane was the far more interesting character. They started to put the spotlight on her and pushed Gwen Stacy further into the background. After Gwen died, Peter and Mary Jane grew closer. They would eventually fall in love and get married.

Mary Jane Watson and Peter Parker were together for many years (before the horrible "One More Day" event). It has been established that she is the love of Spider-Man's life... or so it might seem.

In 2005, Marvel ran a crossover event called House of M. The Scarlet Witch used her powers to remake reality in such a way that all of the heroes would receive their heart's desires. For Peter Parker, this meant that he was married to Gwen Stacy and the pair had children. Despite what he might say in the regular continuity, Peter Parker's heart belongs to his first girlfriend.

Peter's heart's desire was him not making the mistakes that led to him losing his Uncle Ben and Gwen
    Pretty much this to the bolded. If he hadn't screwed up by being so selfish in the first place, Ben Parker would still be alive. If he'd done a better job dealing with Norman Osborn/Green Goblin to begin with, Gwen Stacy would still be alive. The logical trajectory of the latter, as some working for Marvel themselves admitted at one point, would be that Peter and Gwen would get married, as that was arguably the reason her death was approved --- to keep Peter from "growing up too fast," which they thought marriage would do in a way that the death of a parental figure had not. That said, it could be argued as well that due to Peter's unwillingness to trust Gwen with his secrets and Gwen's own flaws, glossed over as they were by those who idealized her as Peter's (first) true love, they could have very well broken up even if she'd lived, especially given her hatred for Peter's alter ego after blaming him for her father's death and if she ever discovered their true connection, following which he could end up with Mary Jane, anyway.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    *stuff*... meh. the question here is relevant because "canon" does not mean 616 official timeline.. It can be any of near infinite timelines.

Oh... THAT... that's because the pressure sensitivity on the trigger required super-human strength. It's not an inherent design limitation. All you need to do in change the pressure sensitivity.
    I mean 616 timeline when I say canon.The other books in the series are canon to 616 as well.

Yeah, but Peter only gave her thumbnail implants, he didn't change that.But that would be easy.Thanks a lot

Extraordinary Member

a lot of people think it's canon
    a lot of people don't think it's canon

perceptions are relative
    This.

My point is there is nothing to say it's 100% not canon.And vice-versa

Extraordinary Member

It's guilt that led to how his HoM played out.Kinda his whole life is based on guilt.
    Peter has stated multiple times MJ is the one for him, Gwen is the past.

Cause she’s dead she got no choice but to be the past. But if she’s not I don’t think he will move on like that. Then again reading spider shadow he probably will.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Yeah someone gotten write a scenario where Gwen is alive but somehow make Peter break up with her to go with Mj. Although this will probably still be party girl Mj since I don’t think she will be serious with Peter since that requires Gwen death no?

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Cause she’s dead she got no choice but to be the past. But if she’s not I don’t think he will move on like that. Then again reading spider shadow he probably will.
    If she didn't die they would be in a longer relationship imo.I mean just because she didn't die at the bridge doesn't mean she won't die later.
    Again Gwen's death is crucial in MJ and Peter's relationship and her coming out of her part girl persona.

I think the point is he loved MJ more than he did Gwen in the prime of their relationship.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah someone gotten write a scenario where Gwen is alive but somehow make Peter break up with her to go with Mj. Although this will probably still be party girl Mj since I don’t think she will be serious with Peter since that requires Gwen death no?
    Yeah, all this

Gwen greater accomplishment is dying to advance Mj and Peter relationship and also ending I believe the silver age of comics? Dang that gotta suck

Extraordinary Member

Gwen greater accomplishment is dying to advance Mj and Peter relationship and also ending I believe the silver age of comics? Dang that gotta suck
    Yeah, but Blue is a great way to honor her legacy as more than that.
    But like MJ is clearly superior in every way, so if she didn't die she would just be second runner paired with someone else.Better dead imo.

I honestly think they would've broken up before she died, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, House of M Peter Parker was... one of the most deep dives into Pete having a different life, without different powers. It's also the epitome of that line from Incredibles "When everyone is super... no one is." Pete in HoM didn't feel the weight of "great power". Sure, he has powers, but he's one of millions. HoM Green Goblin... was Peter Parker.... O-o' This made his relationships very... different.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, House of M Peter Parker was... one of the most deep dives into Pete having a different life, without different powers. It's also the epitome of that line from Incredibles "When everyone is super... no one is." Pete in HoM didn't feel the weight of "great power". Sure, he has powers, but he's one of millions. HoM Green Goblin... was Peter Parker.... O-o' This made his relationships very... different.
    Agree with the first half.
    What do you mean by the second half with green goblin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gerry Conway confirmed it.

There were no plans at all to marry Peter and Gwen at that time. And the alternative to death was breakup. Gwen hated Spider-Man and that wasn’t resolved at the time of her death so it’s unlikely it would have happened.