Page 56 of 104 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yeah, I get that.
    I was saying all the Spider people are really wearing rip-off's of Peter's costume.Although degree's vary.Miles's is a pretty blatant, Julia's and now Anya's is unique
    Yeah Spinerret is definitely more of Ms. Spider-man, what ideas did you have for an MJ Spider suit.
    Not really sure. Something unique that is unquestionably Mary Jane. (That kind of design work really isn't my thing. I just see the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon or the Spinerret costume and think she needs a semi-consistent look when they give her powers in AUs.)

BANNED

So I recently read THE KORVAC SAGA which is an Avengers story from the '70s. It was written and pencilled by a team but most of the issues were written by Jim Shooter, while the art in the early issues was done by George Perez.

I don't know if Perez ever did Spider-Man but in this Avengers story Peter Parker and MJ make a cameo when they get affected by cosmic shenanigans while on a date. It's one of many MJ cameos outside Spider-Man comics and might be among the few times Perez ever drew Peter and MJ.

Korvac Saga - Peter-MJ by George Perez.jpg

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yeah, I get that.
    I was saying all the Spider people are really wearing rip-off's of Peter's costume.Although degree's vary.Miles's is a pretty blatant, Julia's and now Anya's is unique
    Yeah Spinerret is definitely more of Ms. Spider-man, what ideas did you have for an MJ Spider suit.
    What about a version of the red symbiote suit in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon?
    Have some differences and have her wear her long hair out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n87LUEKTCcc

If they made a video game with Mary Jane in an action role, I think they could have went the cartoon Ultimate Spider-Woman route.

I read that the Insomniac Spider-Man creators made Mary Jane a reporter because it was unrealistic for Peter to have a supermodel girlfriend.
    I find that view ridiculous.
    Peter and Mary Jane met through their aunts setting them up. Mary Jane's Aunt Anna was May and Peter's next door neighbor. May was trying to set Peter up with Mary Jane for years and even ignored Peter's relationship with Betty.

According to Parallel Lives which was published in 1989, both Peter and Mary Jane were trying to avoid each other.
    Peter thought maybe Mary Jane ugly and couldn't get boyfriend or else May wouldn't set him up with her.
    Mary Jane found out that Peter was Spider-Man, and she was scared to get involved with him and even wondered if he was like her father that she had issues with.
    I have read some people claim that Mary Jane fell in love with Peter because she was Spider-Man. She's not the Kirsten Dunst version Mary Jane that kissed Spider-Man on the lips without knowing his secret identity,

Mary Jane didn't care if Peter was poor or not. Peter's insecurities about not being able to support Mary Jane are well known. Mary Jane didn't care about Peter being too poor to provide for them. She didn't mind being the only one that supports them both.

She wasn't just a supermodel. She was an actress too. She was a soap opera actress. She later on did B-movies.
    She acted in Broadway. She was an aspiring actress from the start. She even told Peter that she was an actress when they first met. She also had dancing experience. Mary Jane was an entertainer.

Mary Jane wasn't too beautiful for Peter. The comics showed that Peter was a handsome guy. Some even remarked that without his looks and brains, he's nobody. He had beauty queen Gwen interested in him, but she got mean to him because he was ignoring her. Peter has history of attractive women being attracted to him. He had very pretty apartment neighbors thinking he was very cute.

The reporter Mary Jane didn't seem like the Mary Jane that I read in the comics. This was young red-haired, green-eyed version of Lois Lane.

I don't believe that Insomniac Spider-Man producers understood her character.

Mary Jane acted rather detached and calm about the news about Peter might be the father of Felicia's child.
    After Mary Jane bared her soul to Peter, she had a tendency to openly express her vulnerability and insecurities including jealousy. She has shown jealousy in regards to Felicia in the past, and that was even before she married Peter. One example is when Mary Jane went to Peter's apartment to fix some breakfast and Felicia was cooking breakfast, and Mary Jane was angrily asking what Felicia was doing there. Peter immediately jumped over them to get away from the two women arguing.
    I think Mary Jane would have been upset with Peter being the father of Felicia's child with her fiery personality.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

BANNED

I think Mary Jane is the first female comic character I ever saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Not really sure. Something unique that is unquestionably Mary Jane. (That kind of design work really isn't my thing. I just see the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon or the Spinerret costume and think she needs a semi-consistent look when they give her powers in AUs.)
    I'd just prefer they stop giving her powers.

The best part of the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon was her trying to help out without needing powers and in a dress and heels. Because heaven forbid we have a character that can be awesome as a civilian rather than another hero.

(Not that I mind MJ in spandex, but I feel like they lean in too much of making civilians or love interests Superheroes lately).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd just prefer they stop giving her powers.

The best part of the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon was her trying to help out without needing powers and in a dress and heels. Because heaven forbid we have a character that can be awesome as a civilian rather than another hero.

(Not that I mind MJ in spandex, but I feel like they lean in too much of making civilians or love interests Superheroes lately).
    I think AUs can be a great way to explore different looks at characters, and have no objections to MJ getting powers in such settings.

I think AUs can be a great way to explore different looks at characters, and have no objections to MJ getting powers in such settings.
    If we're talking an AU, sure, I enjoyed RYV...but I'd rather it not be on a general basis.

If we're talking an AU, sure, I enjoyed RYV...but I'd rather it not be on a general basis.
    I'm just saying I think she should have a look that is distinctly and easily identifiable as her own for such settings.

I'm just saying I think she should have a look that is distinctly and easily identifiable as her own for such settings.
    I think it fits Mary Jane to have a variety of looks in that respect .

I think it fits Mary Jane to have a variety of looks in that respect .
    The issue is they keep putting her in Peter's suit.

Yeah, they should either give her the Spinnerette suit or a new suit. The best MJ Spider suit I’ve ever seen for example remains this fan design:

Yeah, I've seen that fan design before. It's basically what I'm talking about. A unique look that's all her own.

Isn't that more of a fanart thing? Aside from the AMJ issue where she became a stunt-double.

Isn't that more of a fanart thing? Aside from the AMJ issue where she became a stunt-double.
    You tell me.

You tell me.

It's a strong thematic trend .