Page 6 of 104 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

https://twitter.com/emmakubert/statu...72933826564097

From Emma Kubert (Joe's granddaughter, Andy's daughter.)

Waiting for Spidey a little too long...

Ah, that's adorable .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    https://twitter.com/emmakubert/statu...72933826564097

From Emma Kubert (Joe's granddaughter, Andy's daughter.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ah, that's adorable .
    Positively.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

For those who are interested. Chapter forty-six of my What If OMD Never Happened? story "Another Strand in the Great Web" is posted -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1281972...-The-Great-Web

If so inclined, enjoy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ursalink is the guilty party. Probably regrets it considering he said we need to get back on topic!
    I was just comparing how sick Spider-Man is about this old dance with the Osborns with how sick Gotham's citizens are of Batman and his enemies turning their lives into hell with their plots (like Bane City and Joker War). In both cases, is about what comics should focus nowadays. Heroes and villains have been dancing for decades this game of fight-imprision-escape-repeat, it's about time for someone to finally say "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" in both cases.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I was just comparing how sick Spider-Man is about this old dance with the Osborns with how sick Gotham's citizens are of Batman and his enemies turning their lives into hell with their plots (like Bane City and Joker War). In both cases, is about what comics should focus nowadays. Heroes and villains have been dancing for decades this game of fight-imprision-escape-repeat, it's about time for someone to finally say "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" in both cases.
    I agree 100%. Enough is enough with the crap that Peter has tolerated from the Osborn’s down through the years. Enough with the “No one dies” including douche bags like Norman and Harry. Does it mean Peter turns into Daredevil ( let alone Frank Castle or Blade)? No. But enough being a punching bag and ( or) laughing stock.

Very nice. InHyuk Lee does great work, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I agree 100%. Enough is enough with the crap that Peter has tolerated from the Osborn’s down through the years. Enough with the “No one dies” including douche bags like Norman and Harry. Does it mean Peter turns into Daredevil ( let alone Frank Castle or Blade)? No. But enough being a punching bag and ( or) laughing stock.
    Yeah, pretty much, though we might get a taste or test of his new stance with Mister Negative (and/or his Inner Demons) coming back in the next issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, pretty much, though we might get a taste or test of his new stance with Mister Negative (and/or his Inner Demons) coming back in the next issue.
    Quite sooner than we think. In the preview for the next issue, it seems to me Spider-Man is fighting way more violent than he use to.

Quite sooner than we think. In the preview for the next issue, it seems to me Spider-Man is fighting way more violent than he use to.
    Oh, yeah. "I said, come on!" Got flashbacks to the 90s animated series' Alien Costume arc with that one.

So what do you guys think about Raimi MJ?

MJ as Spider-Woman variants from the "Ultimate Spider-Man" cartoon -

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    There's a touch of deeper characterization that love interests didn't really get at the time in super hero movies, but that's overshadowed by the films having her get kidnapped as part of the last act every time. If Spider-Man 3 had gone through as intended (Gwen gets kidnapped and MJ convinces Harry to help Peter), I think that would have mitigated this somewhat.

I think they'll lean away from this if the Maguire and Dunst cameos in MCU Spidey 3 pans out.

(Also, people are way too hung up on MJ leaving her astronaut boyfriend at the alter at the end of Spider-Man II.)

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Decent enought, not my favorite take but not as bad as some say.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    (Also, people are way too hung up on MJ leaving her astronaut boyfriend at the alter at the end of Spider-Man II.)
    As much as I love Spider-Man 2, I think having MJ running out on John in the middle of their wedding with just a note was a rather odd creative choice... I get that they wanted to heighten the drama, but they could have at least characterized John as being more of an ******* to MJ to justify her callousness (yeah I know, cliché and manipulative, but it works.) Or just show a wedding without showing the faces of the bride and groom; trick the audience into thinking its MJ and John, and then have MJ appear at Peter's doorstep to tell him that she called the whole thing off. But I digress...

I have mixed feelings about Raimi's Mary Jane. I don't think she's as terrible as some people say and there are parts of the character that I do appreciate, but I don't think she's a particularly great adaptation of Mary Jane.