Page 7 of 104 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

But I was thinking...is it really MJ?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    MJ as Spider-Woman variants from the "Ultimate Spider-Man" cartoon -

I've seen those on deviantART. Not bad. And generally concur on Raimi MJ, though I'll mention that somewhat to her credit, she did try to ambush Doctor Octopus in Spider-Man 2 and did drop a cinderblock on Venom's head in Spider-Man 3, so at least in those later films, she wasn't just helplessly waiting for Spider-Man to save her.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Cool

The extremely popular (on DeviantArt) MJ as the new Scarlet Spider post-Spider-Island (in which she kept her powers) concept from "What If Ben Reilly Never Returned?" -

https://www.deviantart.com/shamserg/...r-MJ-713830602
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    The extremely popular (on DeviantArt) MJ as the new Scarlet Spider post-Spider-Island (in which she kept her powers) concept from "What If Ben Reilly Never Returned?" -

https://www.deviantart.com/shamserg/...r-MJ-713830602
    Considering what's going on in Gwenom vs. Carnage, assuming Earth-65's version of MJ comes out of it all right, could use a surviving fragment of the Carnage symbiote to make her the Scarlet Spider, just like how the animated Ultimate Spider-Man made her Spider-Woman.

How much art do we think was finished on the second arc of Amazing Mary Jane before they scuttled it?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    How much art do we think was finished on the second arc of Amazing Mary Jane before they scuttled it?
    At most? Probably another issue or so. Comic deadlines are sometimes a lot tighter than people realize.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    At most? Probably another issue or so. Comic deadlines are sometimes a lot tighter than people realize.
    I'm still sad Marvel canceled it without finishing the second arc. I was really looking forward to more of Leah Williams' spotlight on Mary Jane, and Paulo Siqueira does pretty good art, too, so I was looking forward to his take on MJ as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'm still sad Marvel canceled it without finishing the second arc. I was really looking forward to more of Leah Williams' spotlight on Mary Jane, and Paulo Siqueira does pretty good art, too, so I was looking forward to his take on MJ as well.
    Same here .

carlos gomez Mj will never be forgotten
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

David Nakayama new cover variant San Valentine

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

David Nakayama new cover variant San Valentine
    And MJ in her signature Spider-Heart top .

And MJ in her signature Spider-Heart top .
    aint it only from a jms variants then again Spider-Gwen and Gwenpool exist so i guess variants is content too
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I feel like something that has gone overlooked is Gwenom vs. Carnage #2 recontextualizing the relationship between Spider-Gwen and Em Jay. Maybe the idea wasn't conveyed as well as it could have been, but the reveal that Gwen has been a horrible friend even pre-spider bite is a solid idea. It means, all of a sudden, the Mary Jane on that universe isn't some jealous jerkass who can't deal with her cool super powered friend, but instead someone who is just so done with her childhood friend's crap and is (sometimes) really (passive-)aggressive about it.

I feel like something that has gone overlooked is Gwenom vs. Carnage #2 recontextualizing the relationship between Spider-Gwen and Em Jay. Maybe the idea wasn't conveyed as well as it could have been, but the reveal that Gwen has been a horrible friend even pre-spider bite is a solid idea. It means, all of a sudden, the Mary Jane on that universe isn't some jealous jerkass who can't deal with her cool super powered friend, but instead someone who is just so done with her childhood friend's crap and is (sometimes) really (passive-)aggressive about it.
    Pretty much. Kind of like how over in 616, Nick Spencer is finally having Peter (and us, the readership/audience/fandom) grapple with the fact that he wasn't as good a friend to Harry as he could or should have been, and now that's come back to bite him in the form of Harry becoming a vicious villain (again).

Just looking at it from a character perspective, I think one of the biggest issues with Earth-65 Gwen is how apathetic and out of it she can be in terms of her relationships.