Page 81 of 104 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1559
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I was discovering Rolling Stones at the time I was reading ASM and for me, this song kind of embodied their relationship

I mean Spider-Man certainly made being in a relationship feel really grand, and sharing that with a partner as something healthy and valuable, which superhero comics in general owing to the "girls are cooties" thing in their DNA from the '50s keep pressing all the time. Whereas ASM at the time felt like something written for kids who listen to Rolling Stones.
    Great observation.There song in canon is Kung Fu fighting acc. to MJ.

So so much I want to reply to here but I don't have the time rn, so all I'll say is let the PeterMJ scans continue.

Here'm my contribution :

MJ has no chill, I love it

Also Felicia and MJ as friends >>> and when they both look after Peter and help each other is just *chef's kiss*.(I'd headcanon the 3 of them got into some stuff but that's clear headcanon, althought I can see it for like a one time thing or something)

Also I was thinking how would we feel if MJ got her boutique in 616/ or teaching acting to young girls at low prices(maybe girls from FEAST centre) and she set up shop in that abandoned theater where she first played and where they went to in ASM 60 of Spencer's run.There is potential there IMO and also makes them much more stable and grown up.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 10-11-2021 at 08:09 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post

Also I was thinking how would we feel if MJ got her boutique in 616/ or teaching acting to young girls at low prices(maybe girls from FEAST centre) and she set up shop in that abandoned theater where she first played and where they went to in ASM 60 of Spencer's run.There is potential there IMO and also makes them much more stable and grown up.
    Peter and MJ both being teachers would actually be really cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Somehow, only now, I realized that Michelle from BND has the same first name as MCU's Michelle.

I realized this 'cause when I read your comment I thought it was about MCU Michelle for a moment lol.

What, did that doctor want to do a prostate exam?

I guess there's too much Peter Parker in him, wonder what Kaine would think lol.

Huh, that's nice.

Yeah, and it's because I read random shit lol.

Either that or I track character appearances, which also makes me read random shit, once upon a time I decided to check out Julia's appearances to confirm if she had a nice ass (A friend jokingly wondered if she has a nice ass in art and I figured "what the hell" lol), it took a lot longer than you'd think to get a good view of it, thought there would be one by at most the end of Secret Wars, but no, only really happened by the time she showed up in Iron Man's comic lol.

Here it is, in case you're wondering:

https://i.imgur.com/Ua7VI0E.png

(Iron Man#214)

Yeah, what I read from DeMatteis, while he can repeat his own clichés, he doesn't really make something bad, at least as far as I've seen.

But seriously though, the Chameleon story and Alyosha's, both recycling KLH, got annoying lol.

I know he wrote ASM#259, but I don't know where his run begins, or ends lol.

Checking out here, I did read ASM#180, which's where he dies in, but also reveals everything he did lol.

Decided to read it again, and there's this lil gem:

https://i.imgur.com/t0LBSAV.png

https://i.imgur.com/LdmbGcb.png

So this guy put Harry under magic therapy, years later Harry tells Mysterio to use magic therapy on Norman and MJ... What is this irony LOL.

Hell, maybe this guy used Magic Therapy™ to make Harry take the path he did, which led to Harry AI, which led to LMD Parents and Sins Past, which led to Kindred, maybe this guy's behind it all :P.

I think Wolfman started to nerf Spidey over time, it's kinda to the point that Stern's run is what remembered that Spidey is really tough lol.

Conway probably didn't help with that too, while ASM#123 has Spidey fighting Cage to a draw, making Spidey look strong, ASM#149 has Spidey losing to Jackal of all people, although at least in that case he was still groggy from just waking up after being drugged, but, still, he went down too fast lol.

I'm pretty sure it's mostly irrelevant stuff, I do know the final issue is telling more of an X-Men story than a Spidey one, even ends with Juggernaut throwing the Crimson Gem of Cytorak to space.

Guess Punisher was slightly less of an insane asshole back then lol.

And hey, since this is the MJ thread and we were talking about the times she and Peter had sex, here's my favorite moment:

I always laugh at this lol.
    Lol, MCU Mary Jane is kind of meh for me, but i don't dislike her. Is just kind of dissapointing and lame that they decided to go with her being a dorky nerd too (nothing against that type of characther and MJ can be a dork sometimes, but it feels lazy. The way that his feelings from her change beetween movies off-screen doesn't help.

I'm pretty sure that she wanted to do a full body exam, he was also naked and clearly not very comfortable with her wandering hand. The books does make emphasis in how atrractive Dick is, wich i don't necesarly mind, but is kind of excessive, honeslty some of the stuff that happens there would be criticized if your reverse the genders.

I wasn't wondering, but i appreciate the information lol.

DeFalco started his run in ASM #251, wich was plotted by Stern and ended around the Gangwar storyarc, i don't give you an specific number, because he didn't write every issue up until that arc. Still Gangwar is ok, but a bit too long, still it gave us the epic fight beetween Spiderman vs Daredevil in fatsuit lol.

When Mysterio magic therapy was revealed, Bart was the first thing that came to mind, i'm surprised that Spencer didn't referenced it lol. But i guest that magic therapy has some precedent in ASM.

I wish that it was only his powers, but Peter can come across as a bit of dumbass under Wolfman, at least in way that feels weird to me.

Lol, i love that scene, specially Peter's reaction after seeing that Mary Jane wasn't alone. She is not complaining about the dessert for sure.

I also like a scene when Peter was half-assleep and she decides to take her night shirt off to wake uo Peter up lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Peter and MJ both being teachers would actually be really cute.
    Facts, science and acting.Both would feel much more mature as well.Maybe they can have the kids interact as well or something.Really hope a Marvel writer is reading this LMAO

how did peter do his superheroing while he was a teacher was there any issues with him leaving and such?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    how did peter do his superheroing while he was a teacher was there any issues with him leaving and such?
    Generally. no. Bendis' Avengers run had Cap note that he reported on time for his school the day after the breakout and he keeps his job well.

On the other hand, there's an issue in JMS' run which has one admin irritate Peter for absences but Peter says he's always on time. So it's ambiguous if she's exaggerating and irritating him (which her response after Peter leaves, 'teachers come and go but admins are forever' imply). So mostly it seems Peter was a good teacher who mostly kept on time.

It makes sense because teaching classes isn't a 9-5 gig. You do your classes per day and then corrections and grades but you have time after that. Most of the criminal and superhero stuff happens off-hours. So it's not much of a stretch for Peter to be a teacher and manage his superhero career well.

Freelance photography and teaching work surprisingly well with Superhero hours .

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Generally. no. Bendis' Avengers run had Cap note that he reported on time for his school the day after the breakout and he keeps his job well.

On the other hand, there's an issue in JMS' run which has one admin irritate Peter for absences but Peter says he's always on time. So it's ambiguous if she's exaggerating and irritating him (which her response after Peter leaves, 'teachers come and go but admins are forever' imply). So mostly it seems Peter was a good teacher who mostly kept on time.

It makes sense because teaching classes isn't a 9-5 gig. You do your classes per day and then corrections and grades but you have time after that. Most of the criminal and superhero stuff happens off-hours. So it's not much of a stretch for Peter to be a teacher and manage his superhero career well.
    i was under the impression he teaching from 8-3 or whatever times marvel school start. Cause for me in high school the teachers had to teach all day. I would understand if he was a college professor but if he was high school they dont leave until after students leave
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

So so much I want to reply to here but I don't have the time rn, so all I'll say is let the PeterMJ scans continue.

Here'm my contribution :

MJ has no chill, I love it

Also Felicia and MJ as friends >>> and when they both look after Peter and help each other is just *chef's kiss*.(I'd headcanon the 3 of them got into some stuff but that's clear headcanon, althought I can see it for like a one time thing or something)

Indeed. Let the scans continue...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Freelance photography and teaching work surprisingly well with Superhero hours .
    And his science lab stuff at horizon as well.Man picked great jobs fr, now if only editorial had 2 brain cells

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. Let the scans continue...

So good.Also I like to think Peter takes most of MJ's photos she uses like on resumes and if he has the time for a professional shoot(he's a famous enough photographer).And the private collection should go w/out saying.

Incredible Member

And his science lab stuff at horizon as well.Man picked great jobs fr, now if only editorial had 2 brain cells

So good.Also I like to think Peter takes most of MJ's photos she uses like on resumes and if he has the time for a professional shoot(he's a famous enough photographer).And the private collection should go w/out saying.
    ^ This right here is the truth.

For me, I find Marvel dropping the ball on this development/trajectory a greater sin than OMD.

Horizon was kind of boring though.

Extraordinary Member

Horizon was kind of boring though.
    Yeah Slott should have wrote it better.There was potential.

Yeah Slott should have wrote it better.There was potential.
    Potential, maybe, but after Big Time and the cartoon I would only want to see it again if they maximize Max Modell's potential as a destruction magnate.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Potential, maybe, but after Big Time and the cartoon I would only want to see it again if they maximize Max Modell's potential as a destruction magnate.
    They could always start a Horizon University chapter in New York as competition to Empire State University's science program(s).
    The spider is always on the hunt.