Page 82 of 104 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1559

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    They could always start a Horizon University chapter in New York as competition to Empire State University's science program(s).
    And suddenly they unleash Symbiote invasion #5 .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Horizon was kind of boring though.
    Subjective.
    It's more the case that it could have served for the foundation for great things.

Parker Industries was too large a scale which came across as out of character/ Stark 2.0.
    (IMO of course)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

And suddenly they unleash Symbiote invasion #5 .
    Ha, yeah.

That said, I do like the idea of both Peter and Mary Jane working as teachers, Peter in science and MJ in acting. That could be fun. I also liked MJ as a nightclub owner (in 616) and running her own fashion boutique (in MC2 and/or Renew Your Vows). The nightclub could work as a secret base for Spider-Man, and the fashion boutique would be especially fun if she ever got into (friendly) competition with Janet Van Dyne.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Subjective.
    It's more the case that it could have served for the foundation for great things.

Parker Industries was too large a scale which came across as out of character/ Stark 2.0.
    (IMO of course)
    The execution definitely didn't help.
    Ha, yeah.

That said, I do like the idea of both Peter and Mary Jane working as teachers, Peter in science and MJ in acting. That could be fun. I also liked MJ as a nightclub owner (in 616) and running her own fashion boutique (in MC2 and/or Renew Your Vows). The nightclub could work as a secret base for Spider-Man, and the fashion boutique would be especially fun if she ever got into (friendly) competition with Janet Van Dyne.
    I will say they could have gotten more mileage out of the nightclub then they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post

MJ has no chill, I love it
    Interesting, so she commented about his fingers more than once:

(ASM#524)

Also Felicia and MJ as friends >>> and when they both look after Peter and help each other is just *chef's kiss*.(I'd headcanon the 3 of them got into some stuff but that's clear headcanon, althought I can see it for like a one time thing or something)
    I find a threesome to be unlikely, Peter generally doesn't show interest in other women when he's with someone (There were lapses, but he tends to commit once he really focuses on one), and MJ's definitely happy with their sex lives to consider such an "adventure".

Also I was thinking how would we feel if MJ got her boutique in 616/ or teaching acting to young girls at low prices(maybe girls from FEAST centre) and she set up shop in that abandoned theater where she first played and where they went to in ASM 60 of Spencer's run.There is potential there IMO and also makes them much more stable and grown up.
    That could work.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Lol, MCU Mary Jane is kind of meh for me, but i don't dislike her. Is just kind of dissapointing and lame that they decided to go with her being a dorky nerd too (nothing against that type of characther and MJ can be a dork sometimes, but it feels lazy. The way that his feelings from her change beetween movies off-screen doesn't help.
    No wonder they decided to not call MCU's MJ, well, Mary Jane lol.

Wonder if she improved past Homecoming, when I was watching it and there was this rude nameless girl I was thinking "Who the fuck is this bitch?", then she says "My friends call me MJ" and, I wasn't happy.

I'm pretty sure that she wanted to do a full body exam, he was also naked and clearly not very comfortable with her wandering hand. The books does make emphasis in how atrractive Dick is, wich i don't necesarly mind, but is kind of excessive, honeslty some of the stuff that happens there would be criticized if your reverse the genders.
    Why's Dick a victim of molesting or rape with such a noticeable consistency? Sheesh.

Too bad it wasn't a therapist, 'cause I could make a joke about removing the "the" :P.

DeFalco started his run in ASM #251, wich was plotted by Stern and ended around the Gangwar storyarc, i don't give you an specific number, because he didn't write every issue up until that arc. Still Gangwar is ok, but a bit too long, still it gave us the epic fight beetween Spiderman vs Daredevil in fatsuit lol.
    That moment is popular among the "out of context comic books" stuff lol.

Also when I was reading Gang War like last year I think, I was thinking that if it were published nowadays, it would have countless, pointless tie-ins... And while 80's Marvel could be pretty good at referencing each other, I think Gang War was self contained to ASM.

When Mysterio magic therapy was revealed, Bart was the first thing that came to mind, i'm surprised that Spencer didn't referenced it lol. But i guest that magic therapy has some precedent in ASM.
    At least no one went as far as Harry and Mysterio, so far lol.

I also like a scene when Peter was half-assleep and she decides to take her night shirt off to wake uo Peter up lol.
    Ah, so Peter can have more reasons to be late for stuff than just being Spidey :P.

So good.Also I like to think Peter takes most of MJ's photos she uses like on resumes and if he has the time for a professional shoot(he's a famous enough photographer).And the private collection should go w/out saying.
    He's actually reluctant to take pictures of MJ for modelling since he has no experience with that kind of thing:

https://i.imgur.com/dT8VyqQ.jpg

There is a private collection though:

https://i.imgur.com/XMtWcIT.png

(ASM#300)

"Slowy Peter's spirits begin to rise"

Horizon was kind of boring though.
    I liked its very beginning when Peter was panicking when he couldn't come up with something, which's understandable problem to have when he just got a job, and his solution was to come up with stuff that helps Spidey that can also be applied somewhere else, but after this, it's generally just used for Spidey to have silver age-like tech...

They could always start a Horizon University chapter in New York as competition to Empire State University's science program(s).
    That at least could bring back Horizon staff for a writer who wants to use 'em in NY.

I will say they could have gotten more mileage out of the nightclub then they did.
    Wasn't it just destroyed for MJ to work for Stark? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I liked its very beginning when Peter was panicking when he couldn't come up with something, which's understandable problem to have when he just got a job, and his solution was to come up with stuff that helps Spidey that can also be applied somewhere else, but after this, it's generally just used for Spidey to have silver age-like tech...
    That was part of my problem with it. And it just wasn't as dynamic as other jobs Peter has had.
    Wasn't it trashed, like, 2-3 times? The straw that broke the camel's back landed her with Stark .

That was part of my problem with it. And it just wasn't as dynamic as other jobs Peter has had.
    Yeah, and it feeds into this "Spidey's life invades Peter's life too much" idea, and sure, the Buggle did that since he only had a job there because of Spider-Man, but Horizon Labs just lacked, substance, and the stuff that comes out of it gets really weird, like the fucking Parker "It's stronger than Phoenix Force!" Particles lol.

Wasn't it trashed, like, 2-3 times? The straw that broke the camel's back landed her with Stark .
    I get the feeling Stark is usually that straw .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yeah, and it feeds into this "Spidey's life invades Peter's life too much" idea, and sure, the Buggle did that since he only had a job there because of Spider-Man, but Horizon Labs just lacked, substance, and the stuff that comes out of it gets really weird, like the fucking Parker "It's stronger than Phoenix Force!" Particles lol.

I get the feeling Stark is usually that straw .
    Weren't the Parker Particles actually discovered and then hidden earlier on by Reed Richards for being potentially too dangerous for the world?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Wonder if she improved past Homecoming, when I was watching it and there was this rude nameless girl I was thinking "Who the fuck is this bitch?", then she says "My friends call me MJ" and, I wasn't happy.
    Well, she is less rude, so i guest that she improved. But to be honest that movie make me lose interest from MCU Spider-Man.

Why's Dick a victim of molesting or rape with such a noticeable consistency? Sheesh.
    Apparently, Dick has been popular with female readers since NTT (understandable considering that one of his.big plots in that book was his romance with Starfire). So DC has tried to appeal to that crow, with very mixed results.

Also when I was reading Gang War like last year I think, I was thinking that if it were published nowadays, it would have countless, pointless tie-ins... And while 80's Marvel could be pretty good at referencing each other, I think Gang War was self contained to ASM.
    Are you implying that Gangwar is the 80s equivalent of Shadowland . Also one of my favorite issues for DeFalco is ASM #277, it has Peter saving a girl from a snow demon and a Daredevil cameo during the events of "Born Again".

I'll say that Horizon was mostly just an excuse to have Silver-Age stuff in a modern Spidey story in a way that looked more natural. I also think that those stories also helped people to think that Slott would be a great fit for a F4 book, i feel bad for the fanbase.

It was destroyed in Superior, then she rebuild in another city and then it was destroyed in Bendis Iron Man, wich let to her emplyoment, she was so/so in that book. At least the first 14 issues because i certanly didn't stick around for Riri's run lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

At least the Bugle banter and cast dynamics kept things lively and Peter ostensibly did stuff that wasn't Spider-Related (even if it turned into Spider-Related more often than not).

Weren't the Parker Particles actually discovered and then hidden earlier on by Reed Richards for being potentially too dangerous for the world?
    That it was, and while it's nice background info, in practice it comes from Horizon Labs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Well, she is less rude, so i guest that she improved. But to be honest that movie make me lose interest from MCU Spider-Man.
    I'm pretty sure that was the last MCU movie I watched (Not that I watched a lot of those), hell, I'm so disconnected from MCU, I only learned about Tony's death weeks after Endgame came out, 'cause of a random meme lol.

Apparently, Dick has been popular with female readers since NTT (understandable considering that one of his.big plots in that book was his romance with Starfire).
    Ah yeah, when I was reading some random issues from NTT, that romance with Starfire was, really boring at times, too much "I love you" and no actual chemistry, maybe it gets better though.

So DC has tried to appeal to that crow, with very mixed results.
    Apparently one of the writers apologized for one of the rapes Dick went through lol.

Are you implying that Gangwar is the 80s equivalent of Shadowland .
    It could've been lol.

What I checked of Shadowland seemed really, meh... Also that Daredevil run ends with T'Challa in New York, for some reason.

Also one of my favorite issues for DeFalco is ASM #277, it has Peter saving a girl from a snow demon and a Daredevil cameo during the events of "Born Again".
    Yeah that was nice, also gives an explanation why Spidey didn't start to help Matt earlier, since he thought it was a freak accident.

Doesn't explain why Spidey didn't go there to check out if Matt is okay, but hey lol.

I'll say that Horizon was mostly just an excuse to have Silver-Age stuff in a modern Spidey story in a way that looked more natural. I also think that those stories also helped people to think that Slott would be a great fit for a F4 book, i feel bad for the fanbase.
    Checked a random issue from Slott's F4 and I saw Sue stalking Johnny and his new girlfriend, so yeah...

Then again, there was something mentioned about that bird girlfriend being fated to be with Johnny and that she and Johnny don't know each other for long enough, so like, a slightly less creepy version of Cindy under Slott lol.

It was destroyed in Superior, then she rebuild in another city and then it was destroyed in Bendis Iron Man, wich let to her emplyoment, she was so/so in that book. At least the first 14 issues because i certanly didn't stick around for Riri's run lol.
    Yeah, Tony was put into that magical coma after Civil War II, then Riri took over... Basically Bendis trying to make another Miles situation with, not as popular results lol.

At least the Bugle banter and cast dynamics kept things lively and Peter ostensibly did stuff that wasn't Spider-Related (even if it turned into Spider-Related more often than not).
    I can't think of any "than not" example lol.

But like I said, Buggle had more substance than just being a newspaper Spidey works in, specially with JJ as the boss.

Extraordinary Member

Interesting, so she commented about his fingers more than once:

(ASM#524)
    Yeah his powers would make for some fun things, huh.Also side not but even though they say he can only stick w/ hands and feets we've seen and been told multiple times he can do it w/ his entire body.

I find a threesome to be unlikely, Peter generally doesn't show interest in other women when he's with someone (There were lapses, but he tends to commit once he really focuses on one), and MJ's definitely happy with their sex lives to consider such an "adventure".
    Agreed, I was kinda kidding

He's actually reluctant to take pictures of MJ for modelling since he has no experience with that kind of thing:

https://i.imgur.com/dT8VyqQ.jpg

There is a private collection though:

https://i.imgur.com/XMtWcIT.png

(ASM#300)

"Slowy Peter's spirits begin to rise"
    I'm aware, but he can learn IMO.And thanks for the scans, killing it as always LMAO

Yeah his powers would make for some fun things, huh.Also side not but even though they say he can only stick w/ hands and feets we've seen and been told multiple times he can do it w/ his entire body.
    Well, that's not consistent then, ASM#528 talks like being able to stick with his whole body is either a new power or something he only figured out now:

https://i.imgur.com/e3fGKor.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2CfGuIw.png

The way it's worded implies he could always do this, but night vision is also talked like this, and that definitely isn't an "using a gift he always had", and in general he only uses his hands and feet anyways.

I'm aware, but he can learn IMO.
    He can, but I'm pretty sure MJ opts for working with professionals whenever she does a shoot, Peter taking pictures for résumés can be fair game at least.

And thanks for the scans, killing it as always LMAO
    I'm pretty sure all of this horniness between them posted here is just the tip of the iceberg, for now I'm done posting 'em 'cause I sent all the ones I know of, but I may randomly find another 'cause, yeah, happens with some frequency lol.

Extraordinary Member

Well, that's not consistent then, ASM#528 talks like being able to stick with his whole body is either a new power or something he only figured out now:

https://i.imgur.com/e3fGKor.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2CfGuIw.png

The way it's worded implies he could always do this, but night vision is also talked like this, and that definitely isn't an "using a gift he always had", and in general he only uses his hands and feet anyways.

He can, but I'm pretty sure MJ opts for working with professionals whenever she does a shoot, Peter taking pictures for résumés can be fair game at least.

I'm pretty sure all of this horniness between them posted here is just the tip of the iceberg, for now I'm done posting 'em 'cause I sent all the ones I know of, but I may randomly find another 'cause, yeah, happens with some frequency lol.
    He's done it in the past

In Amazing Spider-Man v1 #365, Peter gives a whole run down of his powers to MJ and explains that his whole body has the ability to cling to surfaces. This is also where he explains that he can use these same abilities to hold his mask on.

In The Amazing Spider-Man v1 #528, you can see an example of him clinging to stuff with his back.

How Peter Parker's wall crawling ability actually functions has never been fully explained in the comics. But in the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe, it explains that his whole body is "able to enhance the flux of inter-atomic attractive forces on surfaces he touches, increasing the coefficient of friction between that surface and himself."

Basically, the reason Peter sticks to surfaces is the result of a low-level telekinetic ability that allows him to increase the attraction between himself and surfaces on a molecular level. Its similar to increasing the static charge on a balloon. In the Official Handbook, it explains that he usually focuses these abilities on his hands and has to willingly let go. The attraction between his body and the surfaces he clings to are strong enough (its estimated to be several tons per finger for the upper limit) that if he is pulled from it by an outside force and doesn't consciously detach, that the surface will break off and remain attached.

In regards to the 'Mark of Kaine', basically, Kaine (and later Peter on a few occasions) uses his wall clinging ability on a person's face, then pulls his hand back, without actively turning off the clinging function. This in turn pulls skin with his hands and leaves a bloody hand print. In Kaine's case, specifically, due to having his powers be heightened from the cloning process, he can actually burn holes in things using this technique.

Yeah, again I'm sure Peter can manage to hang w/ professionals as well.He feel uncomfortable doing it since it's not his field though.

Oh yeah, there are many more.I was talking about how you always post the relevant scans.It's a great help and makes posts much better.

Also Black Cat MJ one shot
    https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ma...yond-one-shot/

He's done it in the past

In Amazing Spider-Man v1 #365, Peter gives a whole run down of his powers to MJ and explains that his whole body has the ability to cling to surfaces. This is also where he explains that he can use these same abilities to hold his mask on.
    Pretty sure the issue where he gives MJ a rundown of his powers is another one, ASM#365 is where he fights Lizard and the LMD parents show up.

In The Amazing Spider-Man v1 #528, you can see an example of him clinging to stuff with his back.
    Same issue also treats him using that as either a new power or something he found out he can do recently.

Marvel just saying the character can do specific things is nice, but if it's generally not shown, it's more on the informed attribute side of things, like Sentry and his "power of a million/billion exploding stars" lol.

So in general, Spidey just uses his hand and fingers to stick, even if once in a while they say he can use his whole body.

How Peter Parker's wall crawling ability actually functions has never been fully explained in the comics. But in the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe, it explains that his whole body is "able to enhance the flux of inter-atomic attractive forces on surfaces he touches, increasing the coefficient of friction between that surface and himself."

Basically, the reason Peter sticks to surfaces is the result of a low-level telekinetic ability that allows him to increase the attraction between himself and surfaces on a molecular level. Its similar to increasing the static charge on a balloon. In the Official Handbook, it explains that he usually focuses these abilities on his hands and has to willingly let go. The attraction between his body and the surfaces he clings to are strong enough (its estimated to be several tons per finger for the upper limit) that if he is pulled from it by an outside force and doesn't consciously detach, that the surface will break off and remain attached.
    That explanation is why Mayday manages to use her power to make someone else stuck:

https://i.imgur.com/0EW0aJJ.png

(ASG#19)

In regards to the 'Mark of Kaine', basically, Kaine (and later Peter on a few occasions) uses his wall clinging ability on a person's face, then pulls his hand back, without actively turning off the clinging function. This in turn pulls skin with his hands and leaves a bloody hand print. In Kaine's case, specifically, due to having his powers be heightened from the cloning process, he can actually burn holes in things using this technique.
    And also shave:

https://i.imgur.com/Dy5IjNh.png

(Scarlet Spider#1 vol 2)

Oh yeah, there are many more.I was talking about how you always post the relevant scans.It's a great help and makes posts much better.
    Thanks.

May Marvel remember they don't hate each other now lol.