Page 90 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1559

Right, I keep forgetting Beyond is apparently some multiversal company who fucks around for shits and giggles, or something like that
    Yeah, they are more or less that, the kind of people that Strange would deal with in a regular basis, but sciency lol.
    They screwed around with Monica's memories in Nextwave of i remember correctly and came back in Captain America and the Migthty Avengers by Eiwing. They put Spider-Man in an illusion where he was giving an speech without pants and was shamed for it lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Also, was surprised to learn that DeMatteis wrote MTU issues, those were ever some of his first comics at Marvel even, the issues are, #101, #111, #112, #114~#133, so that can be interesting to check out what he was doing with Spidey back then, since it's a lot more than I expected
    I heard that his first comic work was an arc on Defenders and that it was a great learning expirience for him, because he needed a lot of help. Don't know much about his work in MTU, but people had recomened me the Frogman and White Rabbit issue that is apparently hilarious, i enjoy that story in his Spec run, so it could be fun. Also wasn't MTU the series that introduce Jean DeWolf?.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Marvel Team Up Spider-Man and Red Sonja is one of my all time favorites. The sequel was not quite as good ( although it was very good). I would love to see the MJ/Sonja dynamic explored further by having them meet ( of course that involves Marvel getting rights back ( like they did with Conan).
    I'd say the team-up with Red Sonja is just alright, doesn't do much, but isn't hurting anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Would be interesting if MJ somehow kept certain fighting knowledg/ skills from her possessions.

Pete: "How'd you know how to use a sword like that?"
    MJ: "I don't know...I just picked it up and it felt natural."
    What sword are we talking about? .

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    They fed all Spider-man comic to a bot and had him write a comic and it basically made Spider-man a harem protaganist LMAO.

(ASM#25 vol 5)

I'm pretty sure 80's helped with this, 'cause there was a significant amount of women interested in him during it, like, Felicia, MJ, Debra, Cissy, some blonde chick from college I forgot the name, Amy, DeWolff, Natasha in MTU... And those are the ones I know of lol.

Also, Kraven the journalist, I always laugh at that lol.

I think it would be cool to do an arc which ends w/ Sonya owing one to MJ and when her life's in danger she go's Red Sonya.A one time thing like the Loki favor Peter was owed
    Is Red Sonja's magic even good enough to do this? Specially when another company owns her? .

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yeah, they are more or less that, the kind of people that Strange would deal with in a regular basis, but sciency lol.
    Huh, wonder if Marvel tried a science based Dr. Strange, though I guess Reed is close enough.

They screwed around with Monica's memories in Nextwave of i remember correctly and came back in Captain America and the Migthty Avengers by Eiwing. They put Spider-Man in an illusion where he was giving an speech without pants and was shamed for it lol.
    Didn't think Ewing had that kind of humor lol.

I heard that his first comic work was an arc on Defenders and that it was a great learning expirience for him, because he needed a lot of help. Don't know much about his work in MTU, but people had recomened me the Frogman and White Rabbit issue that is apparently hilarious, i enjoy that story in his Spec run, so it could be fun. Also wasn't MTU the series that introduce Jean DeWolf?.
    Checking it out here, yeah, she was introduced in MTU, then showed up in Ms. Marvel and Iron Man, then after all of that she showed up in ASM#226 and #227, 6 years after her introduction, had no idea she debutted in MTU, and didn't expect her to take so long to show up in Spidey's main comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Oooohhh...a Spider Harem.
    LOL! Spidey ain't the only one that has a harem...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I'd say the team-up with Red Sonja is just alright, doesn't do much, but isn't hurting anything.

What sword are we talking about? .

(ASM#25 vol 5)

I'm pretty sure 80's helped with this, 'cause there was a significant amount of women interested in him during it, like, Felicia, MJ, Debra, Cissy, some blonde chick from college I forgot the name, Amy, DeWolff, Natasha in MTU... And those are the ones I know of lol.

Also, Kraven the journalist, I always laugh at that lol.

Is Red Sonja's magic even good enough to do this? Specially when another company owns her? .

Huh, wonder if Marvel tried a science based Dr. Strange, though I guess Reed is close enough.

Checking it out here, yeah, she was introduced in MTU, then showed up in Ms. Marvel and Iron Man, then after all of that she showed up in ASM#226 and #227, 6 years after her introduction, had no idea she debutted in MTU, and didn't expect her to take so long to show up in Spidey's main comics.
    One thing that really works in the Spider-Man/Red Sonja team up is Peter being “The fish out of water” away from his comfort zone in the Sonja era. Couple that with the MJ part and you have a comic I love. Contrast that with what we see generally today with unoriginal ideas such as female versions of Otto ( Lady Octopus), the upcoming Goblin Queen (I hope I am wrong, but I am expecting Liz ( remember the Goblin costume during the Spencer run?)) and of course the dreaded Queen Pin. I want to be pleasantly surprised with something different then same old/same old, without something messing with canon like The Other, (which is why I am looking forward to the hospital issue), and Peter/Sonja was unique and one of my Top 10 all-time issues.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 11-12-2021 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! Spidey ain't the only one that has a harem...

Why on earth would you want aunt May in your harem
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

There is a scene in the first issue when Peter mentions that he did read some Ayn Rand books in hight school and was a cringe teenage phase of his lol. Peter is kind of annoying and feel a bit more hesitant than usual (the idea is that he still feels awarkd with the other heroes for what Otto did, althougth is not explored much), but there are some funny jokes, he just feel a bit tacked on.

To bring back things to MJ a bit, i read the King in Black Gwenom vs Carnage mini by Mcguire....is meh, MJ from her universe get transported to the 616 earth because of a combination Jackal throwing her spiders and Gwen dimensional transporter (i'm gonna guest that it makes more sense if you read her solo) and Gwen beats her....with music, yeah i didn't get the logic either, also apparently Gwen tamed her symbiote or something, because she is resistant to radiation and the end implies that MJ isn't completly free of the symbiote. Also, hey another MJ is stranded in this universe now lol.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    One thing that really works in the Spider-Man/Red Sonja team up is Peter being “The fish out of water” away from his comfort zone in the Sonja era. Couple that with the MJ part and you have a comic I love.
    Oh, we're not talking about the same comic, MTU#79 has Red Sonja coming to the future, so she's the fish out of the water, she and that villain of hers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Why on earth would you want aunt May in your harem
    Her wheat cakes are that good .

There is a scene in the first issue when Peter mentions that he did read some Ayn Rand books in hight school and was a cringe teenage phase of his lol. Peter is kind of annoying and feel a bit more hesitant than usual (the idea is that he still feels awarkd with the other heroes for what Otto did, althougth is not explored much), but there are some funny jokes, he just feel a bit tacked on.

To bring back things to MJ a bit, i read the King in Black Gwenom vs Carnage mini by Mcguire....is meh, MJ from her universe get transported to the 616 earth because of a combination Jackal throwing her spiders and Gwen dimensional transporter (i'm gonna guest that it makes more sense if you read her solo) and Gwen beats her....with music, yeah i didn't get the logic either,
    I looked at those issues without reading the dialogue, saw the music playing and was wondering if maybe Gwen's tie-in was an acid trip like the ones Peter was having in Symbiote Spider-Man lol.

also apparently Gwen tamed her symbiote or something, because she is resistant to radiation and the end implies that MJ isn't completly free of the symbiote.
    Yeah she tamed it earlier, I think Peter checked it out and said it'll be under control if it eats wood or somethin'.

No, I'm not joking, but I may be wrong lol.

Also, hey another MJ is stranded in this universe now lol.
    Oh for ****'s sake... I somehow missed that.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-12-2021 at 08:07 AM.

To bring back things to MJ a bit, i read the King in Black Gwenom vs Carnage mini by Mcguire....is meh, MJ from her universe get transported to the 616 earth because of a combination Jackal throwing her spiders and Gwen dimensional transporter (i'm gonna guest that it makes more sense if you read her solo) and Gwen beats her....with music, yeah i didn't get the logic either, also apparently Gwen tamed her symbiote or something, because she is resistant to radiation and the end implies that MJ isn't completly free of the symbiote. Also, hey another MJ is stranded in this universe now lol.
    I wonder if 616 MJ will ever deal with any of this .

Yeah, Gwen's dimensional transporter necklace is supposed to take her from Earth-65 to 616 and vice versa. But due to a malfunction, instead of being taken to MJ's location, she ended up dragging MJ to 616.

And you're right, Gwen's in full control of her symbiote usually. In fact without it, she'd actually be powerless, as Silk's Earth-65 counterpart depowered her back in the Spider-Gwen book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Ewing does manage to give Peter a decent moment in Captain America and the Mighty Avengers #3, which still takes place as an AXIS tie-in, with Peter briefly taking Captain America's shield and brandishing it while calling out the newly morally inverted Avengers for acting more like authoritarian bullies than heroes. It's a pretty impressive speech, all things considered:

"Hey! You kids! I can hear yer party from the next block! Wit' yer beat or beat-like combos and yer glow-sticks! An' yer skinny ties! I work nights ovah heah! I gotta goldfish wit' an anxiety problem! Turn it down! Wait, wait, wait--wrong rant. What I meant to say was--break it up, okay? Please? 'Cause, I mean... okay, I came in a little late, but... We're not this. The Avengers are not this. Our job is not to bring walking tanks to do our talking for us. Or thunder gods, or big hair, or--or whatever else. It's not to wade in with overwhelming force to protect our authority when we're in the wrong. And right now you are in the wrong, Tony--Sam. And you know it. So... So back off, guys. Or you can come through me. Because I am an Avenger. And that... That is what we are. But, uh... Obviously I'm hoping you don't come through me..."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    MJ is the best

She really is.

But you know? I can't stop wondering what was the thing that Felicia whispered to Peter and we didn't hear, and apparently it woke Peter up. You won't think it was something around Spidey and Black Cat getting married back in her annual, right? I'm really scared of MJ's reaction if she knows.

By the way, do you think this short scene could lead to their team-up issue?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    She really is.

But you know? I can't stop wondering what was the thing that Felicia whispered to Peter and we didn't hear, and apparently it woke Peter up. You won't think it was something around Spidey and Black Cat getting married back in her annual, right? I'm really scared of MJ's reaction if she knows.

It could. I'd love to see that fleshed out more and that would be a good place for it to happen.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    She really is.

oh yeah she did marry Spider-Man. MJ cant be that mad not like she is willing to marry Spider-Man
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    oh yeah she did marry Spider-Man. MJ cant be that mad not like she is willing to marry Spider-Man
    Those who want OMD undone and the Spider-Marriage between Peter and MJ restored don't think the same.