Page 95 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1559

What I don't get is.... why bother? What do they hope to gain by delaying it?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I think they enjoy the teasing.

(I actually think they were unsure when they had Zendaya say she was "MJ" in Homecoming and wanted the option to pull back if audiences hated it. When that didn't happen they decided to keep going.)

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Taking their time to make stuff happen is unfortunately a way to kep something making money lol.

Just look at Smallville, took 10 seasons for Clark to become Supes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I think they enjoy the teasing.

(I actually think they were unsure when they had Zendaya say she was "MJ" in Homecoming and wanted the option to pull back if audiences hated it. When that didn't happen they decided to keep going.)
    Even if we ignore how much they were cowards for doing that, it took until the third fucking movie to actually confirm this? Give me a break lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Even if we ignore how much they were cowards for doing that, it took until the third fucking movie to actually confirm this? Give me a break lol.
    I agree. They should have been upfront about their intentions with the casting from the beginning. As presented it just comes across as really clunky.

Taking their time to make stuff happen is unfortunately a way to kep something making money lol.

Just look at Smallville, took 10 seasons for Clark to become Supes.
    Or Arrow where it took 4 seasons until Oliver Queen started calling himself Green Arrow.

Mighty Member

I mean sometimes delaying the inevitable can work... I mean look at Gwen Stacy from the animated Spectacular Spider-Man, she made it to the tail end of season 2 before she had her "Gorgeous Gwendolyn" look... I'm not to sure if we will get that with MJ as we already went from Peter clearly not liking this girl to being head over heels in love with her in a two movie span... perhaps it will come quicker than you think.

I would be very impressed if they worked "Face it, tiger" into a movie at this point.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I mean sometimes delaying the inevitable can work... I mean look at Gwen Stacy from the animated Spectacular Spider-Man, she made it to the tail end of season 2 before she had her "Gorgeous Gwendolyn" look... I'm not to sure if we will get that with MJ as we already went from Peter clearly not liking this girl to being head over heels in love with her in a two movie span... perhaps it will come quicker than you think.
    This is why Spider-Man works better as a long-form series, so the characters and world around him can be fleshed out better and deeper than you get in a movie that's only 2+ hours long.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The problem was their initial deal was for two movies (plus cameo appearances in a few Marvel Studios films) and then Sony would go off and make their own films.

Then the backlash happened. And so we got NWH as a result (as well as one more appearance in another Marvel Studios film). Given everything it really looks like the deal between Marvel and Sony for Spider-Man films is going to now be a long-term thing.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

The problem was their initial deal was for two movies (plus cameo appearances in a few Marvel Studios films) and then Sony would go off and make their own films.

Then the backlash happened. And so we got NWH as a result (as well as one more appearance in another Marvel Studios film). Given everything it really looks like the deal between Marvel and Sony for Spider-Man films is going to now be a long-term thing.
    Hmm, yeah. With at least a second Spider-Man film trilogy, if things go well enough.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I agree. They should have been upfront about their intentions with the casting from the beginning. As presented it just comes across as really clunky.
    I guess I can see why it took so long, first movie has Michelle being a nobody until the last scene revealing she's MJ, then maybe because she was a nobody, the second movie decided to not confirm it yet, and have Peter crushing on her so she gets some focus, then maybe that one was more liked, and they decided to confirm it in the third movie.

Not excusing how much they're cowards, just pointing out how I think it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or Arrow where it took 4 seasons until Oliver Queen started calling himself Green Arrow.
    Fucking seriously? How long did it take for Barry to call himself Flash then? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    S̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶n̶e̶r̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶w̶a̶y̶s̶.̶.̶.̶

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    This is why Spider-Man works better as a long-form series, so the characters and world around him can be fleshed out better and deeper than you get in a movie that's only 2+ hours long.
    That's super-heroes in general to be fair lol.

What backlash?

What backlash?
    There was a huge backlash when it looked like Sony and Marvel were going their separate ways after Far From Home released.

Holland even drunk dialed the Disney CEO and cried.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...an/2617556001/

Fucking seriously? How long did it take for Barry to call himself Flash then? Lol.
    I think it was by episode 4? 5?

There was a huge backlash when it looked like Sony and Marvel were going their separate ways after Far From Home released.

Holland even drunk dialed the Disney CEO and cried.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...an/2617556001/
    Hah, that's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it was by episode 4? 5?
    Ah, guess he used his superspeed for something then .

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It's things like these that make me (occasionally) curse out Marvel Studios/Cinematic Universe for not having the damned courage of their convictions. If she's supposed to be Mary Jane in all but name . . .
    I imagine No Way Home isn’t going to entirely help in this regard since:

spoilers:
    Zendaya’s MJ in the film is established as having her last name be Watson, making her officially MJ Watson. Doesn’t help the situation that there’s also a line that gives the strong implication that she isn’t a fan of her full actual name, leaving me therefore if her name is actually Michelle Jones Watson after all or if her actual name really is Mary Jane Watson and she just changed it or something.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Nerdman3000; 12-16-2021 at 06:12 PM.