Page 97 of 104 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1559
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I am not saying anything about her acting ability. I believe that changing a traditionally white, straight, male character to female or POC or LGBT is the same as white washing. I also think it smacks of pandering. Basically saying that the traditionally diverse characters aren't good enough so they will change the famous white characters so they represent other demographics.

I want Marvel to put their traditionally diverse characters into the MCU (or Sony-versea as the case may be). I want to see a Blue Marvel story on screen or for Jon Huertas to get his shot as White Tiger. Of for a Spider-Woman or Black Cat movie that is tied to the MCU.
    So you'd rather see a white actress who doesn't embody Mary Jane play her just because she's white, instead of an actress like Zendaya who would nail a performance as Mary Jane both on the inside and outside?
    gammasquadzendayamaryjane copy.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    So you'd rather see a white actress who doesn't embody Mary Jane play her just because she's white, instead of an actress like Zendaya who would nail a performance as Mary Jane both on the inside and outside?
    gammasquadzendayamaryjane copy.jpg
    I would rather they NOT do MJ if they can't find someone who can portray her right. Same with Gwen or any character. I have no problem with Zendaya playing Michelle Jones as an original character...but this 'she is maybe, sorta, kinda this world's MJ' was wishy-washy and made it even worse. I really feel that they did not even need to give Peter a love interest in the first couple of solo movies...but it is Hollywood and they feel the need to put that in there.

Edit to add...MJ was not the one and only in Peter's love life...so they can do those others. Holland is still young and could have a long career as Spiderman and change his love interest every few movies.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 12-20-2021 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Is that heart for Peter or for each other?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Is that heart for Peter or for each other?
    For Peter...they will be part of the Spider-Harem to push the future polygamous relationship they will all be in. MJ and Felecia will start referring to each other as "sister wife".

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    That reminded me of a conversation, which may have been in this thread, that MJ's funbags can compete with Felicia's, this cover proves that wrong .

Oh well, this looks nice, when is it coming out again?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Is that heart for Peter or for each other? ;D
    Depends on whether or not they know Spidey is there .

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That reminded me of a conversation, which may have been in this thread, that MJ's funbags can compete with Felicia's, this cover proves that wrong .

Depends on whether or not they know Spidey is there .
    never maybe she just got a bigger butt but I doubt that too she probably just a good kisser
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

Much like the 'who would win?' arguments come down to 'who's writing?' That one comes down to 'who's drawing?'

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    never maybe she just got a bigger butt but I doubt that too she probably just a good kisser
    MJ's ass used to be more on the skinnier side like Gwen's (Obviously I'm not talking about Mexican Gwen), but I think over time it and her thighs became bigger, but, so did Felicia's, and considering the kind of character Felicia is, she probably consistently beats MJ in ass size.

Regardless, Spidey is happy with MJ's.

(Spectacular#162).

she probably just a good kisser
    I mean, if we're talking about what they can offer to Peter in this, despite the assumption one can make about Felicia, she doesn't look like she had that much sex with Peter, might be because I've read the wrong comics, but I didn't find a lot of evidence they were fucking that much, although, Felicia at the time spent a lot of time struggling when trying to accept Peter Parker, so that probably got in the way, but regardless, post marriage, MJ had a lot of sex with Peter, to the point in random issues, it felt that if some big drama isn't happening in their lives, they were fucking every other issue, when I was speed reading some random marriage issues, at times I was baffled and thought "Holy ****, enough." lol.

Much like the 'who would win?' arguments come down to 'who's writing?' That one comes down to 'who's drawing?'
    Sure, but I get the feeling Felicia consistently has bigger **** and ass, 'cause I only see MJ being around her level of smaller, never bigger, but maybe I'm wrong and MJ has had bigger funbags once or twice, or even more lol.

well peter made a joke about felicia **** so i guess thats the winner
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Gals being pals .

I would rather they NOT do MJ if they can't find someone who can portray her right. Same with Gwen or any character. I have no problem with Zendaya playing Michelle Jones as an original character...but this 'she is maybe, sorta, kinda this world's MJ' was wishy-washy and made it even worse. I really feel that they did not even need to give Peter a love interest in the first couple of solo movies...but it is Hollywood and they feel the need to put that in there.

Edit to add...MJ was not the one and only in Peter's love life...so they can do those others. Holland is still young and could have a long career as Spiderman and change his love interest every few movies.
    Well, there doesn't seem to be any other reason they didn't make Zendaya traditional Mary Jane from Day 1 than:

1. Fear from racist backlash
    2. The weird, misogynistic belief that Mary Jane in her "classic" form is a floozy because she is a model and that she is only interested in Peter because he's a superhero. Made worse by things like Emma Stone's SNL monologue.

I am not saying anything about her acting ability. I believe that changing a traditionally white, straight, male character to female or POC or LGBT is the same as white washing. I also think it smacks of pandering. Basically saying that the traditionally diverse characters aren't good enough so they will change the famous white characters so they represent other demographics.

I want Marvel to put their traditionally diverse characters into the MCU (or Sony-versea as the case may be). I want to see a Blue Marvel story on screen or for Jon Huertas to get his shot as White Tiger. Of for a Spider-Woman or Black Cat movie that is tied to the MCU.
    Yeah, really. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense. You have dozens of characters you could use, why drastically change characters when you could use someone who alerady fits into your checkbox?

I wish they had just made Zendaya unapologetically Mary Jane Watson from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I wish they had just made Zendaya unapologetically Mary Jane Watson from the start.
    You're not alone in that.