Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Legion of Super-Heroes issue #12 preview/Spoiler discussion

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Imra showing more self-awareness than Teen Jean did the entire time Bendis wrote her.

Rogol Zaar...I dunno, just make him Persuader at this point.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Imra showing more self-awareness than Teen Jean did the entire time Bendis wrote her.

Rogol Zaar...I dunno, just make him Persuader at this point.
    I feel like that's where we're going.

I really am going to miss the Legion after this issue drops.

"In the face of all Rogol Zaar did, the child's direct and only response was galactic peace"

I love that quote.

How could that idea *not* inspire a galaxy and create a near myth thousands of years down the line!? It's beautiful and needed right now. The way Bendis wrote it supports the idea well too. All the galactic leaders-- even Clark-- are focused grudges, past slights, and politics, yet the world is falling down around them. Once again, even Clark was at one point ready to die in the Phantom Zone and call that the culmination of why he was saved *just* to beat Zaar. He later even had to be talked out of going back because there was still a world that needed him.

The more I think about it, the more I love the absurdity of the child in the room being the only one keeping their priorities straight because he's relatively not weighed down by the largely self imposed and inflicted entanglements that come with being an adult. It's mythic, but o-so relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    "In the face of all Rogol Zaar did, the child's direct and only response was galactic peace"

I love that quote.

How could that idea *not* inspire a galaxy and create a near myth thousands of years down the line!? It's beautiful and needed right now. The way Bendis wrote it supports the idea well too. All the galactic leaders-- even Clark-- are focused grudges, past slights, and politics, yet the world is falling down around them. Once again, even Clark was at one point ready to die in the Phantom Zone and call that the culmination of why he was saved *just* to beat Zaar. He later even had to be talked out of going back because there was still a world that needed him.

The more I think about it, the more I love the absurdity of the child in the room being the only one keeping their priorities straight because he's relatively not weighed down by the largely self imposed and inflicted entanglements that come with being an adult. It's mythic, but o-so relevant.
    I wish I had Superlad vision when I read Bendis' Superman stuff .

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Ryan Sook deseves more credit for the incredible artwork he does each issue. Can't wait to see what book he does next. I'll miss Jon being on the legion if this is the end of his adventures already.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Ryan Sook deseves more credit for the incredible artwork he does each issue. Can't wait to see what book he does next. I'll miss Jon being on the legion if this is the end of his adventures already.
    I like this Legion, but Sook is what I'll miss most. I don't even like his design for Saturn Girl but it works when he draws it. Just wish we were getting more, alas, it seems this wraps after FS for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I like this Legion, but Sook is what I'll miss most. I don't even like his design for Saturn Girl but it works when he draws it. Just wish we were getting more, alas, it seems this wraps after FS for a while.
    Which is a shame because it's one of the few Future State books that I'm genuinely interested in. If we had gotten a Legion run built around that, I'd be on board.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It is the end of his time with the Legion, yeah. He'll be starring in Superman.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

This definitely felt like Bendis decided to wrap up several plot points extremely quickly.

"Oh, BTW, White Witch is Mordru's daughter!"

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    This definitely felt like Bendis decided to wrap up several plot points extremely quickly.

"Oh, BTW, White Witch is Mordru's daughter!"
    This was actually talked about in issue #9 so I'm not sure what you're talking about. What they're talking about in #12 is that most of the team didn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    This was actually talked about in issue #9 so I'm not sure what you're talking about. What they're talking about in #12 is that most of the team didn't know.
    My point was that it was rushed in and had no actual character arc to it. She's not even the one that defeats him.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    My point was that it was rushed in and had no actual character arc to it. She's not even the one that defeats him.
    With a cast as large as Legion, only a select few will get any real development while the others will be window dressing. There's more characters than there are pages in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    With a cast as large as Legion, only a select few will get any real development while the others will be window dressing. There's more characters than there are pages in the book.
    But that's not the plot you give to a window dressing character. And she wasn't his daughter before Bendis, so Bendis was the one who introduced it and clearly has/had plans for it.