Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

I definitely feel like they need to explain to us how Monet is able to turn into a Penance form.

I definitely feel like they need to tell us more about Hollow's whereabouts.

M's family should definitely be dealt with in the pages of X-Corp.

I don't like X-Corp #1 designs; Monet seems to be wearing gloves while she is Penance shaped. Plus, her feet remain normal.

GenX.jpg

This is a great Gen X panel. But it definitely misses Chamber, Husk, Jubilee and Hollow on it.

I read X-Corp #3 and I have thoughts...

When I first heard this book was happening, I was unsure why Monet would be interested in being a CEO of a company. Sure she's always been rich, but that does not always translate into any sort of business acumen. To me she's shown to have pretty bad instincts for deals. But she's been great at recruiting people and mentoring the younger mutants. And while Angel is pretty milquetoast, he seems to have all the good ideas. To be clear, I don't think it's bad writing, I think Monet's been written pretty close to how she's been previously established. But it does kind of suck to see one of my faves not excel at something, given how big the role is for Krakoa.

So based on what we have seen so far, do you think CXO is a good fit for her?

I actually like her not being perfect and her arrogance exposing her flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I actually like her not being perfect and her arrogance exposing her flaws.
    I kinda agree. This is something that has not been really done with her before and could be a cool development point for her.

This pic of Normani reminded me of Monet:

normani.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    This pic of Normani reminded me of Monet:

normani.jpg
    Yaaaaas!
    Hunty!
    GrindrStone(D)

Taylor Paige in ZOLA was giving me some major Monet vibes. Not so much in the character's words/actions, but in the looks and the physical performance
    zola-movie-1.jpg

Oof Howard's Monet isn't really that bad, but I think this has got to be the most boring story she's ever been a part of.''

I hope come January we get Marauders Corp with Monet, Emma, Selene, Kate, Berto, Tempo, and Warren (with Sofia in a supporting role).

Quote Originally Posted by MYCMTSC View Post
    Oof Howard's Monet isn't really that bad, but I think this has got to be the most boring story she's ever been a part of.''

I hope come January we get Marauders Corp with Monet, Emma, Selene, Kate, Berto, Tempo, and Warren (with Sofia in a supporting role).
    Do you really want Duggan to be writing Monet tho?

Just wanted to rant and say....
    Monets penance form does NOTHING For her character and only serves to complicate her backstory. I mean seriously
    After Gen X---- Peter David's Xfactor was shite for her character and it only established she for some reason let's any ol teammate smash....Bunns X-Men where she got infected by Emplate and murdered a buncha morlocks with help from.Sabretooth ....2nd Gen X she's literally still in the sewers eating morlocks....and then Hickman with the unasked for Penance form...that doesn't seem to add anything extra to her fighting ability....I mean you take away everything that made the Penance form so cool razor sharp skin, density, etc and you have just another weird looking Mutant for readers to easily identify.
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    This image is perfect. this, this is exactly what it felt like reading issue 5.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Monet deserves better than X-Corp. She's one of my favorite characters and the writers are giving her, and her fans, nothing.
    Mutant and Proud!

Art by @andrewdrilon
    FB3cLi4XoAIt8ux.jpg
    I'm hoping Monet end up doing something significant after this Inferno shake up. I'm still hoping for some sort of dimension hopping adventure with her siblings.