Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Hmm, now that I think about it, her famous red lip-synch reminds me of Monet too.
    Everett Thomas?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    Attachment 107431

Tini Howard on why Monet St. Croix is a good fit for her role in X-Corp:
    "Tini: She’s Superman, but psychic, and when she comes into the office she doesn’t slouch or hide behind a fake human identity. There are a few people on the team–Monet is one of them, you’ll see, but there is another I’m thinking of–who are absolutely corporate Robin Hoods. Honestly, the whole team might be. There’s a delight in closing a deal not because you WANT it, but because you don’t want someone truly evil to have it. Monet loves the thrill of the hunt, the chase and the kill. And this is a nice outlet for those urges. Hopefully, it just remains an outlet. "
    This sounds good. I hope Tini's X-Corp will have more of an edge than Excalibur has been.

Let’s just hope they don’t put her with Angel.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Am I the only one that was bummed about M and Penance really being "one"?

I enjoyed both characters - and thought Penance was a great twist to the "feral" type character we see - because her hair / skin was razor sharp - giving her the "Rogue" syndrome of "Don't touch me."

Of course, making her mute, kind of makes it difficult to develop her too much because they rarely (that I recall) even used thought bubbles with her.
    I loved penance and i still do. I just pretend she exists as a separate character in my comic collection. As she was intended

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    I loved penance and i still do. I just pretend she exists as a separate character in my comic collection. As she was intended
    I love Penance too. I just wish they'd cut the ties that it takes people to make her - and make her, her own person.

And I am glad to hear she's begun to talk as well.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Not her best art.

In any case, least she'll finally get to do something. But it is getting old she needs to be Penance every time the smallest scuffle happens.

me: It's nice to see Monet's duality displayed so clearly in one page where she's badass and ready to take down whoever stands in her way and also who she actually cares and is ready to protect anyone who needs it.

monkey brain:girlfriends girlfriends girlfriends

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/pQ9d...001007_col.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Not her best art.

In any case, least she'll finally get to do something. But it is getting old she needs to be Penance every time the smallest scuffle happens.
    doesnt make sense that she doesnt have claws in Penance form. Thats like the main offensive advantage she gets

Not her best art.

I mean it makes sense that she wants to be in a razor sharp diamond form when Monet gets physical, it allows for fewer injury with maximum impact and damage, like Colossus with his steel form.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    doesnt make sense that she doesnt have claws in Penance form. Thats like the main offensive advantage she gets
    She does have claws, she just pops them and retracts them at her will. Also razor sharp diamond > human skin

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

On positive note, it is good to see her look balanced. She does seem kickass, I am sure she'll still be attitudinal, but she also legit seems to care for her fellow mutants.

Anything that keeps her from going back to PAD Monet...Ugh.

On positive note, it is good to see her look balanced. She does seem kickass, I am sure she'll still be attitudinal, but she also legit seems to care for her fellow mutants.

Anything that keeps her from going back to PAD Monet...Ugh.
    Thankfully, I don't think that will ever happen again. Every writer after PAD has written Monet as someone who isn't emotionally inept and can do more than just a few party tricks with her powers. Writers haven't been afraid to tap into her powers and emotional connection to other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I know right!
    Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    I mean it makes sense that she wants to be in a razor sharp diamond form when Monet gets physical, it allows for fewer injury with maximum impact and damage, like Colossus with his steel form.
    Excepr Monet was already invulnerable as she was...and if she keeps her super strength while in the Penance form why wouldn't the razor sharp diamond skin carry over to her normal appearance?

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    She does have claws, she just pops them and retracts them at her will. Also razor sharp diamond > human skin

Gah I hope that's not the case.... We've yet to see the advantages in battle only advantage I see for M is if she realized her outfit was outta style and had e shred it
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I know right!
    Excepr Monet was already invulnerable as she was...and if she keeps her super strength while in the Penance form why wouldn't the razor sharp diamond skin carry over to her normal appearance?

Gah I hope that's not the case.... We've yet to see the advantages in battle only advantage I see for M is if she realized her outfit was outta style and had e shred it
    Human skin Monet is not invulnerable though, she has a strong healing factor and is near invulnerable, but she still ends up getting getting injured quite often since she's not only a brawler but she prefers close range combat on the field.

I know Monet's penance form is controversial, but personally I like it. I love body horror and shape/skin shifting based powers so I'm not complaining that one of my fav powersets meets these two criteria . I think having a razor sharp diamond skin sets Monet apart from other brawlers and make her unique and more distinguishable which can only work in Monet's favour in the long run.