Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

EwiFvsAXIAU-9-r.jpg
    So I guess this promotional art from X-Monday is also Monet, although this image looks more like Angelica Ross from Pose.
    This X-Gala look is freakin amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

LOVE M's look
    This is stunning! I love a sheer pant! It’s very elegant and gladiator-esque which I love! The red eye shadow is also perfect!

Monet 32.jpg

Tini Howard on why Monet St. Croix is a good fit for her role in X-Corp:
    "Tini: She’s Superman, but psychic, and when she comes into the office she doesn’t slouch or hide behind a fake human identity. There are a few people on the team–Monet is one of them, you’ll see, but there is another I’m thinking of–who are absolutely corporate Robin Hoods. Honestly, the whole team might be. There’s a delight in closing a deal not because you WANT it, but because you don’t want someone truly evil to have it. Monet loves the thrill of the hunt, the chase and the kill. And this is a nice outlet for those urges. Hopefully, it just remains an outlet. "

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Am I the only one that was bummed about M and Penance really being "one"?

I enjoyed both characters - and thought Penance was a great twist to the "feral" type character we see - because her hair / skin was razor sharp - giving her the "Rogue" syndrome of "Don't touch me."

Of course, making her mute, kind of makes it difficult to develop her too much because they rarely (that I recall) even used thought bubbles with her.
    I still don't understand the whole Penance/M thing. Weren't M's little twin sisters also able to turn into Penance? Can the whole family turn into Penance?

Mighty Member

I'm still optimistic Tini will pull off this book despite Excalibur being a dud. It seems to be more in tune with her actual interests/experiences than dealing with Otherworld and magic. And how she describes Monet makes me think she will be well written. *Fingers crossed*

I don't mind M being Penance so much since we still have the two little twins who seem to permanently be in Penance mode. And since M is the main character in what is so far a 3 character book, I think they'll clarify that.
    Last edited by RamaBird; 03-17-2021 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I'm still optimistic Tini will pull off this book despite Excalibur being a dud. It seems to be more in tune with her actual interests/experiences than dealing with Otherworld and magic. And how she describes Monet makes me think she will be well written. *Fingers crossed*

I don't mind M being Penance so much since we still have the two little twins who seem to permanently be in Penance mode. And since M is the main character in what is so far a 3 character book, I think they'll clarify that.
    There's been nothing to suggest they are permanetly stuck in Penance form

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There's been nothing to suggest they are permanetly stuck in Penance form
    Yeah. Lord knows about that scene. But seemed they were goofing off in their forms, and Monet was annoyed about it. lol But time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    Monet 32.jpg

Tini Howard on why Monet St. Croix is a good fit for her role in X-Corp:
    "Tini: She’s Superman, but psychic, and when she comes into the office she doesn’t slouch or hide behind a fake human identity. There are a few people on the team–Monet is one of them, you’ll see, but there is another I’m thinking of–who are absolutely corporate Robin Hoods. Honestly, the whole team might be. There’s a delight in closing a deal not because you WANT it, but because you don’t want someone truly evil to have it. Monet loves the thrill of the hunt, the chase and the kill. And this is a nice outlet for those urges. Hopefully, it just remains an outlet. "

She's been around Creed too long. lol

On a serious note, I could see Monet taking a darker turn or lines starting to blur a bit with her. She always seemed someone who could easily stray a bit too far unless pulled back in time. It'll be nice to actually see her get some character work in rather than just making appearances with no story or answers on anything after over a year of Hickman era.

I think it'd be interesting if this version of Monet was a combination of her previous appearances and her time as an M-plate. Like maybe she has a predatory instinct due to her mutation but she learns to sublimate that impulse into something that helps her family and her nation.

At this point, I really need to see a scene between Monet and her brother. What is the status of that relationship? Does he live with her and the twins? I have questions.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I still don't understand the whole Penance/M thing. Weren't M's little twin sisters also able to turn into Penance? Can the whole family turn into Penance?
    I am on the same boat. I, admittedly, stopped collecting Generation X somewhere in the 30s - so I am not sure if it was ever explained.

Thought the whole M = Penance thing was an unneeded and wasteful "twist."
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

She's Penance! She's Penance! I'm Penance!
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Wow that is just too much lol

They really need to clarify how Monet, Nicole and Claudette can now turn into a Penance form. And If Hollow has a part to play in it.

I can remember that Penance was first thought to be kind of a magic body where M has been imprisoned by her brother. THE Monet we can see in the first issues of Generation X is in fact the fusion of Nicole and Claudette. Later, Monet was freed from the Penance body and Nicole and Claudette took her place inside of it. When Nicole and Claudette have been freed from the Penance body, it was thought to be an empty husk, but it came to life with no one imprisoned in it. Penance left the Generation X Academy with Nicole and Claudette. They were send back to Monte Carlo to live with Monet's Father.
    Penance reappared in "The Loners" with a new codename: "Hollow". She began to be able to speak some words in that volume. She was last seen in Avenger Academy during the AvsX event.

I also can remember that Emplate's appearance is due to him eating Penance's marrow ( while M was inside that body) for years.
    Last edited by razzmatazz360; 03-30-2021 at 11:34 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post

Hmm, now that I think about it, her famous red lip-synch reminds me of Monet too.

They really need to clarify how Monet, Nicole and Claudette can now turn into a Penance form. And If Hollow has a part to play in it.
    Yes, they do! And clarify Emplate too (wo another possession story)! They've shown Monet being a badass now they need to invest into her past and future. Her whole family history is very confiusing but with so much potential.