Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Not her best art.

In any case, least she'll finally get to do something. But it is getting old she needs to be Penance every time the smallest scuffle happens.
    I'm giving the art a pass because they didn't morph her into a random white girl this time.

It's very mediocre though, especially for this era of Xbooks.
    Last edited by 9th.; 04-15-2021 at 09:09 AM.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Human skin Monet is not invulnerable though, she has a strong healing factor and is near invulnerable, but she still ends up getting getting injured quite often since she's not only a brawler but she prefers close range combat on the field.

I know Monet's penance form is controversial, but personally I like it. I love body horror and shape/skin shifting based powers so I'm not complaining that one of my fav powersets meets these two criteria . I think having a razor sharp diamond skin sets Monet apart from other brawlers and make her unique and more distinguishable which can only work in Monet's favour in the long run.
    that didnt stop her from being killed by enemies with guns in HOX. The skin doesnt do much for her. Its the ferociousness that she gets from the claws thats the main advantage. She can wreck things faster and more deadly with them. I would also disagree that she gets injured quite often without it
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-15-2021 at 08:57 AM.

I remember when I first read HOX and she debuted the Penance form. I thought it was going to allow her to survive the vacuum of space and she was going to be the lone survivor of the mission.

Based on interviews from Tini Howard, I'm guessing that form gives Monet some kind of psychological benefit/side effect, similar to how Emma's diamond form cuts her off from her emotions

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    I remember when I first read HOX and she debuted the Penance form. I thought it was going to allow her to survive the vacuum of space and she was going to be the lone survivor of the mission.
    Yeeeeah that woulda been bad ass

Based on interviews from Tini Howard, I'm guessing that form gives Monet some kind of psychological benefit/side effect, similar to how Emma's diamond form cuts her off from her emotions
    But what tho
    GrindrStone(D)

I don't like the Penance form thing. For one, Hickman never bothered to explain it all; it's been 2 years basically. Secondly, she got killed by humans with guns in moments on that Orchis mission, so it's not tactically more invulnerable or anything. And mostly because I am tired of so many of the ethnic characters having non-human coloring/appearances. Let Monet be brown and beautiful and strong and intelligent and powerfully telepathic like she was in Gen X and keep it moving. There are dozens of feral slashers around already.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I don't like the Penance form thing. For one, Hickman never bothered to explain it all; it's been 2 years basically. Secondly, she got killed by humans with guns in moments on that Orchis mission, so it's not tactically more invulnerable or anything. And mostly because I am tired of so many of the ethnic characters having non-human coloring/appearances. Let Monet be brown and beautiful and strong and intelligent and powerfully telepathic like she was in Gen X and keep it moving. There are dozens of feral slashers around already.
    I 100 percent agree with you!

I love seeing the Penance form again (because I loved the character in Generation X as a child) but M really does not need it. Her character and powers were great as they were. No need to return Penance to her.

OMG sooooo much this
    GrindrStone(D)

Yes. And resolve Penance/Hollow as her own person, for the love of the gods.

Uncomplicate the mess.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yes, she is!!! It may not be as "avant garde" as some of the others but her outfit is absolutely one of my top five favourites.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I'm not in love with this rendition of M. I think it's the nose. Still, It's nice to see my girl on another cover
    E1-JMA89-Vo-Ac-l-Ec.jpg

I love M having the penance form, it looks like her reclaiming her own trauma and turning it into something positive. I agree that it shouldn't be used every single time she fights though. I'd like to see her do more with her telepathy.

I'm not in love with this rendition of M. I think it's the nose. Still, It's nice to see my girl on another cover
    E1-JMA89-Vo-Ac-l-Ec.jpg
    I like this variant cover more than the main cover. M looks really regal and magestic in this piece of art.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

She looks great here. Only thing I am hating is the pointed gloves.

But love the image overall. Perfect amount of class & attitude.

Not the biggest fan of the X-Corp cover because the art & angle give that horse-face look.

I do not love/hate Tini's monet which is confusing to me. I love her Trinary. Warren is here to look like a fool? Boring so far but well written.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/