Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    They even have an entire Adventure Time section.
    Yeah, I bet eighty percent of their non Marvel/DC comics are licensed comics. That's common.

Quote Originally Posted by dupont2005 View Post
    Every time I hear of this fabled awesome comic shop with a huge selection of a variety of genres and publishers, it's from someone who thinks there needs to be eleven Avengers comics. I'm thinking they saw two titles without the Marvel or DC logo and thought it was an awesome selection.
    I'm also very fortunate to have a shop near me that has the most amazing selection and variety of genres and publishers. It's in an artsy neighborhood so the biggest sellers for them are non Marvel/DC titles. They have some of the most obscure books and titles lined up all over the store and have an entire section for small press and local indie self publishers. I just absolutely love them. I was talking to the owners and was asking them why they have so many copies of such obscure publishers like Asylum Press on Wednesday and what they do with the extra stock. He told me they actually sell it all, their biggest sellers in the store are actually Dark Horse and IDW titles. The owners are great and they give good discounts on all their new titles and don't charge you tax, they're entirely customer oriented.

I'm thinking of switching my pull list over to this great store. There's also another one downtown that's also has the most amazing selection and the store is huge with great owners. Both of these stores are less than 15mins away from me. My current store that I have my pull list from is like literally 2 steps outside my condo which is the only reason why I'm still with them. They do not support indie publishers at all and most of the newly releases on the stands are filled with titles from the big 2. If they do carry an Image tile, it's like one copy and if I don't get there early on Wednesday it might not be there. If I needed something that I want that I saw on Previews, I do have to get them to save it for me on my pull.
    It's a completely different neighborhood and they offer no discount.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Disarming View Post
    Can we all agree that comics prices are getting ridiculous?
    I personally feel totally secure that such a thing as prices (or pricepoints more rather) wouldn't ever be for 'getting out of hand' or running amuck at all, because they couldn't be or wouldn't last, by the most ironclad or most basic principles of logic.

So "no" would be my best guess.

What should be regarded as ridiculous however, would be any idea that editorial or publishing (and pricepoints to such) wouldn't be completely affectable as subject to change, in relation to how consumerism or markets and business would be affected.

Which doesn't mean that due to tv and internet and connectivity any editorial or magazine production would have to die out, but merely that it might need to get marketed as well as priced differently than perhaps decades ago.

Whoever decided or claimed that reading entertainment would only need to cost almost no money, would have been wrong all along.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 08-31-2014 at 09:41 AM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Louriť / Dr. Pepper

BANNED

yes, i am also agree with this thought. and its getting ridiculous day by day

TPBS are the way to go, the prices are ludicrous.
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.