Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Neither the cover nor the concept art are by Claire Roe so I wonder which design they went with.

I love the idea, personally. I'm glad Wasp is being used for this storyline. But it does suck that it's the first title ever starring Janet and Janet alone (and it's a one-shot to boot).

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I love the idea, personally. I'm glad Wasp is being used for this storyline. But it does suck that it's the first title ever starring Janet and Janet alone (and it's a one-shot to boot).
    It's got my interest. Like, I don't think this is gonna end with her permanently evil (or "Defiled", as they're using for the Darkhold-corrupted heroes).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    After the Superior Spider-Man and Infamous Iron Man, I've been wondering if any of the other heroes would get an alliterative villain-cosplaying-as-them turn. Tyrant Thor? (secretly Skurge) Wicked Wasp? (secretly Rita DeMara) Demonic Daredevil? (secretly Bleakheart!)

This won't be that, but it could be fun to see a villainous 'Wasp.'

It's happened before. In Champions, Nadia got mutated in Weirdworld and fought against the rest of the team (except Nova, who was also brainwashed).
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Champions_Vol_2_26
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

People are already asking for the costume on the cover to be added to marvel future fight

In all the excitement about Janet starring in a book, I didn't even think about the creative team until just now. Excited to see that Jordie Bellaire is writing it; I really liked her writing in the BOOM! Buffy comics. I'm less familiar with Claire Roe, but I like what I see based on a quick skim of her Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    In all the excitement about Janet starring in a book, I didn't even think about the creative team until just now. Excited to see that Jordie Bellaire is writing it; I really liked her writing in the BOOM! Buffy comics. I'm less familiar with Claire Roe, but I like what I see based on a quick skim of her Twitter.
    Claire Roe was on the Rebirth Birds of Prey and did solid work in my opinion.

dakhold wasp is set to be 40pgs long as opposed to 32

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    Awesome to see Jan headlining an issue, but they seriously couldn't be assed to make her a logo? They just gave her Nadia's?

Yellowjacket on the cover isn't a great sign IMO. Pretty sure they'll use Hank and Jan's divorce as the focus of the "story" Wasp is going to reclaim. Hank hasn't been able to live down the slap for 40 years, I don't see how bringing it up again will do Jan any favors. Hank is already defined by that one moment in the eyes of a lot of people, Jan doesn't need to be defined by to it too. Let sleeping dogs lie. I have a bad feeling about this, but hopefully I am wrong.
    I think it's nice to finally have a story focusing on Janet, after all this time. The cover shows several Avengers, so showing YJ along with the rest of the founding members doesn't necessarily means it's going to focus on that old story. Come to think of it, I wonder what Tigra is doing on that cover anyway.

The sollicit reads weird to me though, so maybe you're right about the focus of it. "... Janet is no stranger to mental illness; she spent years trying to redeem ex-husband Hank Pym despite his violent breakdowns." I don't think I have read the same comic books as those who wrote this cause they seem to be implying that Hank spent years and years being violent, and Janet spent all those years finding excuses for him. It makes me a bit skeptical about continuity here.

I'll hold my judgment for now because I'm really happy Jan gets a bit of spotlight, and I'm crossing my fingers at the thought that this could bring her back up front in publication. I would just hate to see her being propped up by sinking another character.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    dakhold wasp is set to be 40pgs long as opposed to 32
    More Jan goodness, I hope .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Doesn't get her own logo though - that's Nadia's!

Janet gets mentioned in Miles Morales this week. Seems that Miles put his friend Kenneth in touch with Van Dyne Fashions, and Janet let them (Kenneth is non-binary) use as much material as they needed to make a new costume for Miles.
    Mighty Avengers (Initiative) (Earth-616) from Mighty Avengers Vol 1 1 0001.jpg

Actually Janet's title logo is exactly the same from the one-shot except yellow instead.

Huh? The logo on that page you just posted is completely different (and is what they SHOULD be using, but apparently aren't). The one on the solicited Darkhold: Wasp cover is the logo from Unstoppable Wasp.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Huh? The logo on that page you just posted is completely different (and is what they SHOULD be using, but apparently aren't). The one on the solicited Darkhold: Wasp cover is the logo from Unstoppable Wasp.
    Agreed. That is truly a lovely design (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-14-2021 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. That is truly a lovely design (IMHO):

Yes indeed!

Plus, Wasp (Jan) had a costume, the orange one I believe, that had a "W" shape like the "W" in the Wasp design. As a long-time Jan Fan, I noticed that right away.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!