Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    While I liked the Ant Man movies...I do wish they started with Hank and Janet in the original 2-3 and then introduced Scott Lang and his story.
    Yeah, plus neither Wasp has interacted much with other heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    How does everyone feel about the MCU version of Janet van Dyne? I feel she got a raw deal.
    I agree. I wanted to see Janet in the first one onward with her powers as in the comics. I also wanted a young Hank and Jan in the stories.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I agree. I wanted to see Janet in the first one onward with her powers as in the comics. I also wanted a young Hank and Jan in the stories.
    It would have been nice to see a female hero with actual powers in the first Avengers.

I also wish her suit was more colorful

It would have been nice to see a female hero with actual powers in the first Avengers.

Yes. I also wanted a colorful Jan costume, maybe her classic blue/red or yellow/red, or even a new one that was colorful.

It sounds like you and I were looking for the same thing in the movies.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Good luck. Have you published anything, if you don't mind me asking?
    A paper while I was in school, and just some reviews so far. Hopefully I’ll be able to make some connections through this job I have, interviewing pros, etc.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    A paper while I was in school, and just some reviews so far. Hopefully I’ll be able to make some connections through this job I have, interviewing pros, etc.
    I hope it works out for you.

Ultimate Member

Yes. I also wanted a colorful Jan costume, maybe her classic blue/red or yellow/red, or even a new one that was colorful.

It sounds like you and I were looking for the same thing in the movies.
    Yeah, I don't mind Black Widow but I wanted an actual female superhero. Plus I like bright colors (except on Black Panther obviously)

I wish at least one of the Wasps interacted with Captain America or Scarlet Witch or Captain Marvel, for instance

I know it's not too colorful, but I'll always love the gold/black version

Ultimate Member

Agreed. It's super-annoying that she got replaced by Black Widow, the *third* woman to be an Avenger, *11 years* after the Wasp was a member, as a founding Avenger, and all because some dude was squatting on an Ant-Man movie concept that he never got around to making, and which Peyton Reed later said didn't even have Janet in it anyway!

"Oh, sorry, you can't use her in the Avengers, because I'm totally not going to use her in a movie I'm not even going to make!"

As for the colorful suit, I am kinda hoping, since we haven't seen much of Janet yet, that in future appearances she'll be wearing notably different outfits, just to play up on how A) she doesn't want to be stuck wearing the crap she wore for 20-odd years in the Microverse, B) she's an inventor who designed her old suit, C) like 616 Janet, she doesn't wear the same old thing twice! (And hey, an excuse for all sorts of Janet toys, with all her costumes!)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 03-06-2021 at 03:40 AM.

Janet is confirmed to appear in the upcoming Darkhold Alpha series and it seems she'll also have a one-shot issue during that mini event.

Ultimate Member

I don't want to pit Black Widow against Wasp just because they're both women. But both Hawkeye and Black Widow are a bit lame to me. I think it's unfortunate Jan got fridged due to studio politics

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Janet is confirmed to appear in the upcoming Darkhold Alpha series and it seems she'll also have a one-shot issue during that mini event.
    That's good

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Something to be said about a costume that doesn't get too busy. And is in the colors of your theme...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Glad she'll be getting some love...but wish it would be her own story...not tied into some event. More characters need what Sue Richards got with that limited series that recently came out.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

I do like this one also because it reminds me of a real wasp.

But for the movies, I was really hoping to see (at least) one of the vast number of costumes from the comics which were usually very colorful.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Something to be said about a costume that doesn't get too busy. And is in the colors of your theme...

Glad she'll be getting some love...but wish it would be her own story...not tied into some event. More characters need what Sue Richards got with that limited series that recently came out.
    Agreed. I mean, if Sue Richards can lead a solo comic, anyone can.

I do like this one also because it reminds me of a real wasp.

But for the movies, I was really hoping to see (at least) one of the vast number of costumes from the comics which were usually very colorful.
    Wasn't she originally a fashion designer?

Ultimate Member

Wasn't she originally a fashion designer?
    I'm fairly certain I saw someone this week in Van Dyne branded shirt in some comic. Runaways perhaps?