Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Even if he had been abusing her for years (which he hadn't), in the real story, she just walked out and divorced him. The story showed us that she wasn't in any immediate danger, and that she could easily leave the relationship. Hank didn't even argue or anything to try to stay with her because he knew what he had done was wrong.

Killing him wasn't necessary. That showed Jan turning to the dark side (hehe), not being someone finally liberated.
    Exactly. The whole point of the story is that it was a tragedy and she turned evil. While I’m not crazy about it, I get that it’s just how the Darkhold works. But I don’t think this version of Jan is more empowered than the real one at all.

Personally, I would have wanted to see difficult parts of Jan’s past that haven’t been explored as much. Like how she was affected by her father’s death, being stalked by Whirlwind, her time trapped in the quantum realm, or even Hank’s death at the hands of Ultron.

Quote Originally Posted by WondrousWasp View Post
    Personally, I would have wanted to see difficult parts of Jan’s past that haven’t been explored as much. Like how she was affected by her father’s death, being stalked by Whirlwind, her time trapped in the quantum realm, or even Hank’s death at the hands of Ultron.
    I admit that would have been interesting! But, apart from Hank's death at the hands of Ultron, all those other circumstances have a positive ending because of Hank.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Oh, that would've been neat...or like expand on a buildup of all the stuff that's happened to her over time, maybe cracking her emotionally.

Does this look like a submissive and codependant woman?

2021-11-21 232735.jpg

For reference, Avengers vol. 1 #49 published in 1968.

For some reason, that line about peanut butter sandwiches cracks me up every time
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

I liked this issue, and for being a founding member, Janet is a very underrated avenger nowadays and sad that she even got replaced by her daughter in the movies.

I can't empathize with Hank because I was never interested in his character tbh. It was already said but Janet gets corrupted after reading the darkhold, so i think is right to made this type of 'what if' story since it's one of her darkest moments in her history.

I think this was the perfect choice for her darkhold corruption.

Any other circumstance where she gets a solo, yes there is so much more to explore with her.

Extraordinary Member

I agree with your analysis.They made her look too dependent on Hank. He was never in control of her in that way.
    This is what I said when I said the meat of the story is Hank being way too much of an influence on Jan in this and you said it made no sense...

Exactly. The whole point of the story is that it was a tragedy and she turned evil. While I’m not crazy about it, I get that it’s just how the Darkhold works. But I don’t think this version of Jan is more empowered than the real one at all.
    But the thing is they don't turn up the tragedy at all.Read the Iron man one and you'll see that he is a darker version of himself because of the stuff that happens to him is much much darker.Same w/ Blade as well.

They are more twisted and darker because their story is more twisted and darker.Jan's is similar to 616 except for her inner monologues.

The darkhold rewrites their backstory more twisted which leads to them being Darker, but they didn't do that w/ Jan's.Jan doesn't get a darker/more twisted Backstory, she's just affected what happens w/ Hank a lot more.Which makes the story lack the punch the others had.

That combined w/ the pacing problem is why I wasn't as much of a fan.

(again please don't take this personally, just writing how I feel)

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    This is what I said when I said the meat of the story is Hank being way too much of an influence on Jan in this and you said it made no sense...

But the thing is they don't turn up the tragedy at all.Read the Iron man one and you'll see that he is a darker version of himself because of the stuff that happens to him is much much darker.Same w/ Blade as well.

They are more twisted and darker because their story is more twisted and darker.Jan's is similar to 616 except for her inner monologues.

The darkhold rewrites their backstory more twisted which leads to them being Darker, but they didn't do that w/ Jan's.Jan doesn't get a darker/more twisted Backstory, she's just affected what happens w/ Hank a lot more.Which makes the story lack the punch the others had.

That combined w/ the pacing problem is why I wasn't as much of a fan.

(again please don't take this personally, just writing how I feel)
    I actually agree with you. I didn’t say you made no sense. I think you’re getting me confused with another person.

Extraordinary Member

I actually agree with you. I didn’t say you made no sense. I think you’re getting me confused with another person.
    Yes I did You're absolutely right I'm so sorry

I'm a dummy
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 11-22-2021 at 06:11 AM.

Agreed. I'd even settle for an exploration of the Jan/Curt friendship, and if there was ever an attempt to help cure him.

Last edited by K7P5V; 11-22-2021 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Some great Marvel gals .

Astonishing Member

Even IF Jan doesn't get a story in the one-shot (and I really hope she DOES), its still great to see her being included on the cover!

Emma stans on twitter need to stop with the Jan slander.

Drama queens