Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I remember hearing about that once a while back.And it appears to be true and damn no one talks about it

Yeah, seeing it as a messy relationship b/w 2 people who were good at heart but messed up >>> Hank abused Wasp and should suffer
    Hank has suffered ever since that day while other male Marvel characters have hit women far worse than he did and nothing has happened to them...he's the scapegoat...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Hank has suffered ever since that day while other male Marvel characters have hit women far worse than he did and nothing has happened to them...he's the scapegoat...
    It's funny because the script was misinterpreted in the first place as well.So many characters get away w/ it lol

Not even just the male ones

I just wish they drop this, free Hank(and wasp) of this.Both are great characters who have a lot of story potential, use it

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Can y'all stop with slandering a female character for questionably sexist writing in the said character's appreciation thread
    Idk if it's necessarily slander to call out earlier sexist writing of Jan

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    It's funny because the script was misinterpreted in the first place as well.So many characters get away w/ it lol

Not even just the male ones

I just wish they drop this, free Hank(and wasp) of this.Both are great characters who have a lot of story potential, use it
    Comics, move on? You're joking

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Comics, move on? You're joking
    To be fair, for years they HAD moved on. They didn't sweep it under the rug either; the 80s and the 90s had several writers (Roger Stern and Steve Englehart in particular) work hard to redeem Hank and have him earn back his respect and deal with his issues, etc. They also had Hank and Jan eventually make their peace and re-enter each other's lives as friends (and even further down the road resume their relationship, in Kurt Busiek's run). Hank was a trusted and respected hero again, and he and Jan had a healthy relationship (arguably far healthier than they ever had when they were married).

For years it was moved past--not forgotten, but acknowledged as a dark chapter in their past that both Jan and Hank had moved on from.

And then Chuck Austen's run hit -- and he dragged all of the past baggage up and pretended like the characters hadn't already dealt with this years earlier. Then immediately after Austen's run was Geoff Johns, and he also did an issue revisiting that and having Jan tell Hank she'll never marry him. Then immediately after Johns came Bendis--and he wrote Hank and Jan as horribly dysfunctional and emotionally abusive to each other.

Several writers after that, including Dan Slott, Christos Gage and Mark Waid, tried to get back to showing Hank in a positive light (although Slott did also deal with Hank's emotional problems--but he spent as much time trying to build Hank back up as he did touching on his flaws), but the damage was done with the back-to-back runs of Austen, Johns and Bendis re-hashing the domestic violence incident and making it fresh in the minds of a new generation of readers.

Darkhold Wasp was fantastic! Very very dark, very personal. Just want more.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    To be fair, for years they HAD moved on. They didn't sweep it under the rug either; the 80s and the 90s had several writers (Roger Stern and Steve Englehart in particular) work hard to redeem Hank and have him earn back his respect and deal with his issues, etc. They also had Hank and Jan eventually make their peace and re-enter each other's lives as friends (and even further down the road resume their relationship, in Kurt Busiek's run). Hank was a trusted and respected hero again, and he and Jan had a healthy relationship (arguably far healthier than they ever had when they were married).

For years it was moved past--not forgotten, but acknowledged as a dark chapter in their past that both Jan and Hank had moved on from.

And then Chuck Austen's run hit -- and he dragged all of the past baggage up and pretended like the characters hadn't already dealt with this years earlier. Then immediately after Austen's run was Geoff Johns, and he also did an issue revisiting that and having Jan tell Hank she'll never marry him. Then immediately after Johns came Bendis--and he wrote Hank and Jan as horribly dysfunctional and emotionally abusive to each other.

Several writers after that, including Dan Slott, Christos Gage and Mark Waid, tried to get back to showing Hank in a positive light (although Slott did also deal with Hank's emotional problems--but he spent as much time trying to build Hank back up as he did touching on his flaws), but the damage was done with the back-to-back runs of Austen, Johns and Bendis re-hashing the domestic violence incident and making it fresh in the minds of a new generation of readers.
    So it's more just that comics like to recycle plot points ad nauseum. That's why HoM and One More Day exist, I guess

Darkhold Wasp was fantastic! Very very dark, very personal. Just want more.
    Good to hear.

Can't get over how good Darkhold Wasp was. Pick it up yall! I got chills in the last few pages

Can't get over how good Darkhold Wasp was. Pick it up yall! I got chills in the last few pages
    I enjoyed it too, it was a good issue.

Bluebird

A bit on the short side, though. Was expecting a bit more to it than where they ended the issue on.

Extraordinary Member

Decent for Jan, I was hoping for the premise to be something/anything other what they gave us but as a standalone story it's good.I still want to know what happens to these guys in the omega

BANNED

It seems that the darkhold is just rewriting their lives and not giving them any eldritch powers so it basically does a poor job of explaining why some oof them look so demonic. This has wasp just become a killer without any attempt to show the consequences of that action. It also is not a good look for Janet as everybody else is doing her thinking for her and Hanks final breakdown merely proves the catalyst for her without her having any agency at all. She is just reacting to situations instead of trying to control situations before they blow up.

BANNED

I really didn't like the one-shot. I mean, the art was great and it was mostly well written, but why does every Wasp story need to be centered around Pym's assault? It makes her feel one note. It's sad because I was really looking forward to a new story for her.