Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    She didn't come back permanently in DEAD AVENGERS -- she and Druid returned to the dead after the event was over.
    Rita and Swordsman, I think were the two that it was left kind of up in the air about. They may have been returning to their dead state as they 'flew off into the sunset', but, IIRC, *they took a Quinjet when they left* so that's an interesting trick...

If she ever did return, Rita teaming up with Janet would be interesting, given their very different personalities and life experiences. A very different 'Yellowjacket and the Wasp' pairing (and definitely one where Janet would be in the driver's seat).

Who else is disappointed that Jan has been stuck in the same look for years now. I know it seems she has "retired" from daily heroics but that should give her even more reasons to rock a new look every time she makes an appearance. And she should stay away from Black and yellow for a while. Lately all of her looks had that same color scheme.
    Wasp 1.jpgWasp 2.jpgWasp 3.jpg

Her most recent look was black and red.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Janet...ne_(Earth-616)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Who else is disappointed that Jan has been stuck in the same look for years now. I know it seems she has "retired" from daily heroics but that should give her even more reasons to rock a new look every time she makes an appearance. And she should stay away from Black and yellow for a while. Lately all of her looks had that same color scheme.
    Isn't black and yellow her most recognizable look?

I'd say so, but it's not as recognizable as some other heroes like Spider-Man and Captain America, as she's only really worn that colour scheme since about 20 years ago. Before that, she didn't have one iconic look, because she was known for changing her costume often. The multimedia design does use black and yellow - but that has nothing to do with Janet specifically, but instead Wasp in general, as they've used that look for Nadia as well in a couple of promo comics, when otherwise, she wears Janet's original black and red colour scheme.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'd say so, but it's not as recognizable as some other heroes like Spider-Man and Captain America, as she's only really worn that colour scheme since about 20 years ago. Before that, she didn't have one iconic look, because she was known for changing her costume often. The multimedia design does use black and yellow - but that has nothing to do with Janet specifically, but instead Wasp in general, as they've used that look for Nadia as well in a couple of promo comics, when otherwise, she wears Janet's original black and red colour scheme.
    Ok. I know she has changed outfits, but I like the yellow and black pattern. It stands out from all the red, blue and green on the Avengers

I think artists are less eager to reinvent Wasps look like they were in the past. Especially with how little she's used.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think artists are less eager to reinvent Wasps look like they were in the past. Especially with how little she's used.
    Yeah, she'd have to actually have a prominent role.

Why is it that the classic secondary Avengers don't seem to get as much attention?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post

Why is it that the classic secondary Avengers don't seem to get as much attention?
    Jan was a Primary Avenger. She is not a secondary avenger. Jan was there in Avengers #1 and she even came up with the name of the Team!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I blame Whedon and less so - Wright who always wanted to use Scott instead of Hank because the comics wanted a level of synergy with the MCU. Plus, for whatever reason, these two are looked as less important to the lore than Cap, Tony and Thor. And no one can question the Hulk's star power.
    Another major thing is that BW and HEye are a lot cheaper to film than two size-changing heroes.

Ultimate Member

I blame Whedon and less so - Wright who always wanted to use Scott instead of Hank because the comics wanted a level of synergy with the MCU. Plus, for whatever reason, these two are looked as less important to the lore than Cap, Tony and Thor. And no one can question the Hulk's star power.
    Another major thing is that BW and HEye are a lot cheaper to film than two size-changing heroes.
    I though Whedon wanted to use Wasp. Really, BW and Hawkeye are kinda boring tbh. Size-changing would actually add some unique powers rather than just punching and shooting beams. Of course that's stuff is fun, but so is diversity of powers. That's why the Civil War airport battle was cool.

So why does that flow over into the comics? Synergy seems to be inconsistent.

I though Whedon wanted to use Wasp. Really, BW and Hawkeye are kinda boring tbh. Size-changing would actually add some unique powers rather than just punching and shooting beams. Of course that's stuff is fun, but so is diversity of powers. That's why the Civil War airport battle was cool.

So why does that flow over into the comics? Synergy seems to be inconsistent.
    Yeah, as much as I can't stand the guy, Whedon actually wanted Jan to not just be in the film as the 7th Avenger, but also be the POV character, essentially making her the main character. His first drafts and the storyboards based on them even featured Jan, including it being her protected by Cap and his shield in the iconic debris falling shot instead of Natasha. Unfortunately, this was back in the time of Ike Perlmutter running Marvel Studios, whose leaked emails showed he was firmly against including more female superheroes in prominent roles thanks to his faulty logic in using the Supergirl/Catwoman/Elektra films flopping at the box office as examples.

Wright pushing for Scott instead of Hank though was the worse decision as it cemented Jan not being the primary Wasp in the MCU, which in turn got reflected in the comics with the push for Nadia/Hope instead.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Yeah, as much as I can't stand the guy, Whedon actually wanted Jan to not just be in the film as the 7th Avenger, but also be the POV character, essentially making her the main character. His first drafts and the storyboards based on them even featured Jan, including it being her protected by Cap and his shield in the iconic debris falling shot instead of Natasha. Unfortunately, this was back in the time of Ike Perlmutter running Marvel Studios, whose leaked emails showed he was firmly against including more female superheroes in prominent roles thanks to his faulty logic in using the Supergirl/Catwoman/Elektra films flopping at the box office as examples.

Wright pushing for Scott instead of Hank though was the worse decision as it cemented Jan not being the primary Wasp in the MCU, which in turn got reflected in the comics with the push for Nadia/Hope instead.
    I didn't know about Jan being the PoV character. That could've been cool. I always kinda cringe watching Black Widow and Hawkeye in that rotating panning shot of the Avengers together. Maybe Wasp would've made it cooler. But being a female character, she's naturally an afterthought, if not outright pushed out by guys like Perlmutter. Imagine Whedon actually having the right ideas!

Anyway, why can't the comics push both Jan and Nadia? They didn't stop pushing Tony Stark because of Ironheart, did they?

They DID actually. Tony was put in a coma by Carol during Civil War II. Riri and Doctor Doom then took over Tony's two solo books.

Spectacular Member

I am on board with Jan changing costumes more often - even though some of them have been god-awful, it gives her something unique. Also it's fun seeing what artists come up with!