Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 236
  1. #151
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    10,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They DID actually. Tony was put in a coma by Carol during Civil War II. Riri and Doctor Doom then took over Tony's two solo books.
    I remember that, but he came back

  2. #152
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    27,523

    Default

    Not for over a year.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  3. #153
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    10,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not for over a year.
    A lot of comics characters go through that, don't they? He was never going to be permanently dropped

  4. #154
    Amazing Member Celtic1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Latveria
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Yeah, as much as I can't stand the guy, Whedon actually wanted Jan to not just be in the film as the 7th Avenger, but also be the POV character, essentially making her the main character. His first drafts and the storyboards based on them even featured Jan, including it being her protected by Cap and his shield in the iconic debris falling shot instead of Natasha. Unfortunately, this was back in the time of Ike Perlmutter running Marvel Studios, whose leaked emails showed he was firmly against including more female superheroes in prominent roles thanks to his faulty logic in using the Supergirl/Catwoman/Elektra films flopping at the box office as examples.

    Wright pushing for Scott instead of Hank though was the worse decision as it cemented Jan not being the primary Wasp in the MCU, which in turn got reflected in the comics with the push for Nadia/Hope instead.
    This would have been so cool. Jan could have been the main Pym particle hero, Hank could have been her non-powered "guy in the chair" la Marvel Adventures.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

  5. #155
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Yeah, as much as I can't stand the guy, Whedon actually wanted Jan to not just be in the film as the 7th Avenger, but also be the POV character, essentially making her the main character. His first drafts and the storyboards based on them even featured Jan, including it being her protected by Cap and his shield in the iconic debris falling shot instead of Natasha. Unfortunately, this was back in the time of Ike Perlmutter running Marvel Studios, whose leaked emails showed he was firmly against including more female superheroes in prominent roles thanks to his faulty logic in using the Supergirl/Catwoman/Elektra films flopping at the box office as examples.

    Wright pushing for Scott instead of Hank though was the worse decision as it cemented Jan not being the primary Wasp in the MCU, which in turn got reflected in the comics with the push for Nadia/Hope instead.
    Wow, I knew that Whedon said he wanted to use Janet but was told she was off-limits because of the Ant-Man movie Wright was planning (and eventually left, which means she was cut from the Avengers for something that never happened anyway), and then that Peyton Reed said that when he read the original treatment that Wright had left behind, Janet wasn't really in the Ant-Man movie he had planned anyway, making it even more pointless that she got barred from the Avengers because some other dude had put a reserve on her, and then didn't plan on actually using her anyway...

    (And also about someone at Marvel pointing to the Catwoman/Elektra flops as 'proof' that 'fans didn't want movies about strong women' instead of the lesson they should have taken from that being 'fans don't want movies that suck.' But I heard it was Avi Arad, not Ike Perlmutter. Internet gossip. So inconsistent.)

    But this bit about Jan as POV character was total news to me, and interesting! What could have been...

  6. #156
    ᱬ Master Of Chaos ᱬ Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1,640

    Default

    Darkhold Alpha is finally coming this september

    hopefully we see some good Wanda and Janet moments




  7. #157
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    10,186

    Default

    Maybe they'll get more attention now.

  8. #158
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    They turned Janet into Giganta's counterpart in "Heroes Reborn". I find that insulting, because Janet has a way better personality than Giganta if they are compared.

  9. #159
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    10,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    They turned Janet into Giganta's counterpart in "Heroes Reborn". I find that insulting, because Janet has a way better personality than Giganta if they are compared.
    I guess the Heroes Reborn thing is more of an alt-universe, and they sometimes have different takes on the characters. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean such versions are good

  10. #160
    Extraordinary Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    5,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Thanks, K7P5V!

    Those panels were such blasts from the past. The artwork and coloring was so good, especially in the team-up!

    You have a great memory remembering both strength testing issues and dates (I lumped them together in my mind)!!
    You're welcome, Phoenixx9! Also, thanks for the compliment!


  11. #161
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    A lot of comics characters go through that, don't they? He was never going to be permanently dropped
    Yeah, Superior Spider-Man (Octavius), Infamous Iron Man (Doom). I wonder if there could be a 'Wicked Wasp' with some villain taking on her role for a minute.

    Rita De Mara would be my first choice for a(n ex-) villain to take on her role for a short time, perhaps when Janet was thought to be dead, and perhaps being further pushed along her own redemptive arc by the experience while also perhaps having her own former-criminal tendencies lead her to some un-Janet-like behavior that lends itself to the 'Wicked' descriptor. (Of course Rita herself was dead at the time, so it totally wouldn't have worked without one of those comic book resurrections they hand out like candy.)

  12. #162
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I guess the Heroes Reborn thing is more of an alt-universe, and they sometimes have different takes on the characters. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean such versions are good
    Yeah, I understand that, but it would have had much sense to have the villain named "Man-Killer" to have the role of Giganta instead of Janet Van Dyne.

  13. #163
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    10,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, Superior Spider-Man (Octavius), Infamous Iron Man (Doom). I wonder if there could be a 'Wicked Wasp' with some villain taking on her role for a minute.

    Rita De Mara would be my first choice for a(n ex-) villain to take on her role for a short time, perhaps when Janet was thought to be dead, and perhaps being further pushed along her own redemptive arc by the experience while also perhaps having her own former-criminal tendencies lead her to some un-Janet-like behavior that lends itself to the 'Wicked' descriptor. (Of course Rita herself was dead at the time, so it totally wouldn't have worked without one of those comic book resurrections they hand out like candy.)
    Yeah, it could work, but that would make more sense if Janet got as much attention as Tony or Peter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Yeah, I understand that, but it would have had much sense to have the villain named "Man-Killer" to have the role of Giganta instead of Janet Van Dyne.
    Maybe no one remembers Man-Killer.

  14. #164
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    9,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    You're welcome, Phoenixx9! Also, thanks for the compliment!

    Another Classic Team Pic!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  15. #165
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    9,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Maybe no one remembers Man-Killer.
    Not true. I remember Man-Killer.

    She is Katrina Van Horn. She "died", was brought back, disappeared, then went by Amazon for a while before returning to her Man-Killer name. Yeah, I remember her.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •