Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    It would have been nice to see a female hero with actual powers in the first Avengers.
    I wonder if we'll ever see any details of those early drafts of the first AVENGERS movie that included a version of Wasp instead of Black Widow?
    https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/joss_whedon_reveals_why_h
    Animatcs show how she would have fit into the "Battle of New York"
    https://geektyrant.com/news/2013/8/2...s-feature-wasp

I also wish her suit was more colorful
    Careful what you wish for, we've been hurt before!
    https://www.cbr.com/avengers-wasp-cr...ransformation/

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Careful what you wish for, we've been hurt before!
    I have no idea what they were thinking with that...
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    I have no idea what they were thinking with that...
    I don't know what to make of it

But it would be cooler to see her than Black Widow's guns or Hawkeye's bow.

That's good to hear. She's Nadia's mentor, right?
    More than just that. She adopted her. Since Hank is dead, and Janet would be Nadia's stepmother anyway from their marriage, when Nadia asked to take the Van Dyne name at the end of Unstoppable Wasp vol 1, she agreed, and then made the adoption official before the Ant-Man and the Wasp mini that preceded Unstoppable Wasp volume 2.

I really wish they'd shown her reaction to the events of the latest Champions #1, where Nadia got captured by CRADLE. Janet should be fighting to get her out of that re-education camp. A mother wouldn't just stand by and do nothing in that situation.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    More than just that. She adopted her. Since Hank is dead, and Janet would be Nadia's stepmother anyway from their marriage, when Nadia asked to take the Van Dyne name at the end of Unstoppable Wasp vol 1, she agreed, and then made the adoption official before the Ant-Man and the Wasp mini that preceded Unstoppable Wasp volume 2.

I really wish they'd shown her reaction to the events of the latest Champions #1, where Nadia got captured by CRADLE. Janet should be fighting to get her out of that re-education camp. A mother wouldn't just stand by and do nothing in that situation.
    Ok. It's interesting to see multiple generations of heroes.

All-New Member

Does anyone know what comic has the quote “Contrary to popular belief, I am not a fool.” ? I’ve been looking for where she says this but have not been able to find it.

Extraordinary Member

Since everyone else is doing Mother's Day...Happy Mother's Day to Janet.

Indeed. Happy Mother's Day.

So Ultron is trying to trick Hank there? Of course it backfires anyway, because Jocasta follows Vision's lead and defects to the Avengers.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So Ultron is trying to trick Hank there? Of course it backfires anyway, because Jocasta follows Vision's lead and defects to the Avengers.
    Well, Ultron used his encephalo beam on Hank, confusing and partial mind-wiping him. Ultron tells Hank Jan is dying and the only way to save her is to transfer her consciousness into the robotic shell of Jocasta. Of course it is all a trick. Jan is fine, except what Ultron is doing to her. "Jocasta" which was really Jan at that time summons help which is really Jan helping Jan out of the predictament.

True Jocasta does not come about until a little later, when we see Jocasta up and about, operating with Jan's mentality much in the way that Vision did with Simon's mentality.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 05-10-2021 at 06:40 AM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Well, Ultron used his encephalo beam on Hank, confusing and partial mind-wiping him. Ultron tells Hank Jan is dying and the only way to save her is to transfer her consciousness into the robotic shell of Jocasta. Of course it is all a trick. Jan is fine, except what Ultron is doing to her. "Jocasta" which was really Jan at that time summons help which is really Jan helping Jan out of the predictament.

True Jocasta does not come about until a little later, when we see Jocasta up and about, operating with Jan's mentality much in the way that Vision did with Simon's mentality.
    In agreement with you about Jocasta. Truly a tragic figure (IMHO):

Amazing Member

Jocasta seems to be doing better in the recent comics she has shown up at least. Had a big role in Iron Man 2018 and 2020 runs

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    In agreement with you about Jocasta. Truly a tragic figure (IMHO):

Yes! I was so sad when I read this! Jocasta felt so bad and alone, that she leapt from the window. No one knew when she was present and none noticed her when she left! She had been such a help before and they did not even count her for membership. Having a robotic person was not a new thing for the Avengers, either. She deserved better!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Cataphract View Post
    Jocasta seems to be doing better in the recent comics she has shown up at least. Had a big role in Iron Man 2018 and 2020 runs
    Welcome to the CBR Forum, Cataphract!

Oh, did not know about this, but great to hear! I really like Jocasta. Glad she is still around.

Does she still look the same?

Yeah, pretty much. Though she wears clothes now. She also uses the Pym surname, considering Hank to be her grandfather and wanting to be treated like a human.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Jocasta_Pym_(Earth-616)