Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess then it's just a matter of the individual relationship and the execution.
    That's what I mean. Both these relationships have been questionable at times.

Hank and Janet had their problems and issues, no doubt, some severe...but I still like them together.
    In an ideal world they could be together, but Idk if that's possible considering everything that's happened between them.

Yeah, Janet and Sue are both around a decade younger than their husbands. Janet, originally a debutant and thus around 18, would still be in her early 30s, but Hank would be mid 40s. Originally Sue was in her early 20s. After Secret Wars the entire FF except for Johnny and Ben aged up five years (and consequently have aged up 20 years or so in total since they got their powers, compared to around 15 years for everyone else), so Sue's now around 40, and Reed around 50.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Janet and Sue are both around a decade younger than their husbands. Janet, originally a debutant and thus around 18, would still be in her early 30s, but Hank would be mid 40s. Originally Sue was in her early 20s. After Secret Wars the entire FF except for Johnny and Ben aged up five years (and consequently have aged up 20 years or so in total since they got their powers, compared to around 15 years for everyone else), so Sue's now around 40, and Reed around 50.
    So why did Reed look so old back then if he was only a decade older?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    In an ideal world they could be together, but Idk if that's possible considering everything that's happened between them.
    This is where I am at with it. With all the baggage between them they need to find other people...and be happy for each other.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    This is where I am at with it. With all the baggage between them they need to find other people...and be happy for each other.
    Hank is still Pymtron though, right?

Probably more likely with Janet than with Hank, to be honest.
    Hank is still Pymtron though, right?
    I don't think there's any Hank left in there, thanks to the Soul Stone.

Ultimate Member

Probably more likely with Janet than with Hank, to be honest.

I don't think there's any Hank left in there, thanks to the Soul Stone.
    So how will they bring him back?

I like when they update the origins like this issue did...same with the Daredevil: The Man Without Fear LS...take the elements introduced over time and integrate them into a cohesive story.
    OMG! I never thought of making a connection like that! Thanks for the reminder, Chris0013!

I guess then it's just a matter of the individual relationship and the execution.

Hank and Janet had their problems and issues, no doubt, some severe...but I still like them together.
    Glad to hear it, Frontier. One of my favorite couples in comic book history. I'll always enjoy their lovey-dovey bantering...

Ultimate Member

So how will they bring him back?
    Who knows, but yeah Hank is totally out of Pymtron, but then he got eaten or something so...

So why did Reed look so old back then if he was only a decade older?
    Have you never seen someone in their 30s with grey hair? British TV presenter Phillip Schofield went grey really young, so he used to dye it. After all, he was working on children's TV back then! I'm sure a lot of men that age would do what Phillip did if they went grey so young. Reed just doesn't have that sort of vanity.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    OMG! I never thought of making a connection like that! Thanks for the reminder, Chris0013!

Glad to hear it, Frontier. One of my favorite couples in comic book history. I'll always enjoy their lovey-dovey bantering...

Me too, K7P5V!

I love that scene from when Jan and Hank were fighting Equinox and Jan's Powers got a huge boost (only she didn't know it in this panel as all she required was a huge dose of adrenalin to activate them, which it did later on)!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Who knows, but yeah Hank is totally out of Pymtron, but then he got eaten or something so...
    Most characters never really die, so I assume the writers will pull something out.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Have you never seen someone in their 30s with grey hair? British TV presenter Phillip Schofield went grey really young, so he used to dye it. After all, he was working on children's TV back then! I'm sure a lot of men that age would do what Phillip did if they went grey so young. Reed just doesn't have that sort of vanity.
    A few, but it's not that common from what I've seen. And IMO it plays into the whole "Men can look like whatever they want but women have to be made-up all the time."

A few, but it's not that common from what I've seen. And IMO it plays into the whole "Men can look like whatever they want but women have to be made-up all the time."
    But they're usually all handsome...

Ultimate Member

But they're usually all handsome...
    True, but even when they deviate from it, women still have to be "beautiful."

True, but even when they deviate from it, women still have to be "beautiful."
    Do they really deviate that much though? I think it depends on the artist.