Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Correct. 1977, to be precise...

Correct. Then Dane Whitman did further testing and discovered that Jan could keep & use her wings at maximum-size while nearly reaching her full height:
    Love those covers!

True. Dane's testing found out some interesting info.

If I remember correctly, in addition, Jan's strength increased dramatically the smaller she got. Dane did testing on that as well. At about 1 ft, Jan can bend a 2" steel pipe nearly double!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Now we know why Janet no-showed Heroes Reborn until now.
    spoilers:
    She was a villain called the Giantess, who was petrified by Power Princess. Tigra suffered the same fate.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I do like how you're thinking, but I was thinking more of her being the source of (at least some of) her own powers, and not all of them being stuff she got from Hank, and the gloves notion would mean that she had already come up with a workaround to a zap-touch (and her dad didn't want her to become a super-hero, he wanted her 'cured' of this unwanted mutation, and she chose a very different path, to embrace it instead).

I do definitely like the idea of her being more in ownership of her blasts, and less 'I begged my boyfriend to give me powers.'

But I do get that getting them as a mutation (or even an accident) is also less empowering than if *she* was the scientist and gave them to herself. (Which is a problem for lady heroes in particular. Bruce Banner does science! And gives himself powers. Jennifer Walter, gets them from Bruce... Hank Pym does science! And gives himself powers. Janet van Dyne, gets them from Hank... Reed Richards does science! Sue, was also on the rocketship. Tony Stark! Science! Pepper Potts, secretary, who Tony later made armor for as well. It's changed in recent years, with characters like Ironheart and Lunella and Sun Girl and Toni Ho and Nadia making their own tech, or doing their own science origins, to the point that there's almost a glut of girl geniuses...)
    He wasn't her boyfriend at the time though. I see what you mean, but I think it would be good if the two worked together on it, rather than Hank just doing it all himself. I guess I'm just not keen on her being a mutant, unless it could be used to show being a mutant can actually be liked.

Also, I don't really think there are too many girl geniuses, at least not compared to how many male geniuses there are, although I'm not familiar with all the characters you're talking about.

Also, when do we get Spider-Man teaming up with Ant-Man & Wasp in the MCU?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    She was a villain called the Giantess, who was petrified by Power Princess. Tigra suffered the same fate.
    end of spoilers
    I'm guessing Jan filled the role of Giganta and Tigra filled the role of Cheetah. It's kinda sad that many people now look at Tigra as copy of Cheetah, when just the opposite is true.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Oof, that's rough .

spoilers:
    So she became Giganta while Tigra became Cheetah.
    end of spoilers

Ugggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Also, I don't really think there are too many girl geniuses, at least not compared to how many male geniuses there are, although I'm not familiar with all the characters you're talking about.
    Ironheart is from Invincible Iron Man, Champions, and had a solo book. Lunella is Moon Girl, who had a book with Devil Dinosaur. Both are getting their own TV shows. Sun Girl was one of the New Warriors a year or two before Secret Wars. Toni Ho, aka Rescue and Iron Patriot, is from Al Ewing's New and U.S.Avengers, she's recently been in Captain America's book. And Nadia is the Unstoppable Wasp, a former Avenger and Champion, Hank Pym's daughter and adopted stepdaughter of Janet.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

I tried reading Heroes Reborn: Squadron Savage #1 and I still don't know who Murder Hornet is.
    So if spoilers:
    Janet Van Dyne is part of Zarda's stone collection
    end of spoilers in Heroes Reborn. Then, Murder Hornet could either be Nadia Pym or Rita DeMara.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

Ultimate Member

Ironheart is from Invincible Iron Man, Champions, and had a solo book. Lunella is Moon Girl, who had a book with Devil Dinosaur. Both are getting their own TV shows. Sun Girl was one of the New Warriors a year or two before Secret Wars. Toni Ho, aka Rescue and Iron Patriot, is from Al Ewing's New and U.S.Avengers, she's recently been in Captain America's book. And Nadia is the Unstoppable Wasp, a former Avenger and Champion, Hank Pym's daughter and adopted stepdaughter of Janet.
    I knew Ironheart, Moon Girl and Unstoppable Wasp, but I wasn't familiar with Sun Girl or Toni ho that much

Quote Originally Posted by MitchFox View Post
    I tried reading Heroes Reborn: Squadron Savage #1 and I still don't know who Murder Hornet is.
    So if spoilers:
    Janet Van Dyne is part of Zarda's stone collection
    end of spoilers in Heroes Reborn. Then, Murder Hornet could either be Nadia Pym or Rita DeMara.
    EDIT: Just read it.

It is indeed Rita.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-09-2021 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Love those covers!

True. Dane's testing found out some interesting info.
    It's nice to know that you love those covers, Phoenixx9. They're definitely classics.

If I remember correctly, in addition, Jan's strength increased dramatically the smaller she got.
    I remember both instances when Jan's increased strength was discovered - Marvel Team-Up #60 (August, 1977):

Dane did testing on that as well. At about 1 ft, Jan can bend a 2" steel pipe nearly double!
    And I remember the other instance from Avengers #264 (February, 1986):

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    It's nice to know that you love those covers, Phoenixx9. They're definitely classics.

I remember both instances when Jan's increased strength was discovered - Marvel Team-Up #60 (August, 1977):

And I remember the other instance from Avengers #264 (February, 1986):

Thanks, K7P5V!

Those panels were such blasts from the past. The artwork and coloring was so good, especially in the team-up!

You have a great memory remembering both strength testing issues and dates (I lumped them together in my mind)!!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

They used rita yellowjacket in something! About time. After she came back with dr druid in dead avengers marvel never used her. Ironic it's this new universe they use her in. Hope she gets used in the main universe again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    They used rita yellowjacket in something! About time. After she came back with dr druid in dead avengers marvel never used her. Ironic it's this new universe they use her in. Hope she gets used in the main universe again.
    She didn't come back permanently in DEAD AVENGERS -- she and Druid returned to the dead after the event was over.

Yeah, that's why she's not been used. Obviously since the Avengers don't exist in Heroes Reborn, she never died.