Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Actress EvangelineLilly has revealed that she's had her first costume fitting for her Wasp suit for AntManAndTheWaspQuantumania

Ultimate Member

I hope it's more yellow than black

Extraordinary Member

Nadia is quoiromantic.

Ultimate Member

Had the MCU been more comic accurate, do you think Hope would've been Nadia, and possibly introduced in this movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Had the MCU been more comic accurate, do you think Hope would've been Nadia, and possibly introduced in this movie?
    Considering Nadia came about in the comics because of Hope in the movies, I highly doubt that.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Considering Nadia came about in the comics because of Hope in the movies, I highly doubt that.
    I thought she came from an unused story idea for Bumblebee from DC. I may be wrong

Hope Pym is from the MC2 universe. It's the first time a character not native to either 616 or the Ultimates universe got to be in an adaptation.

In response to Hope's introduction in the MCU, Marvel introduced Nadia Pym for 616.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Hope Pym is from the MC2 universe. It's the first time a character not native to either 616 or the Ultimates universe got to be in an adaptation.

In response to Hope's introduction in the MCU, Marvel introduced Nadia Pym for 616.
    So, you think in that case, would Hope be evil in the MCU?

So, you think in that case, would Hope be evil in the MCU?
    They just took the name, but I guess the antagonistic role she started out in the movie with was a nod to that?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They just took the name, but I guess the antagonistic role she started out in the movie with was a nod to that?
    She didn't even seem than antagonist tbh. I understood her frustration, that's kinda why I didn't like that movie a lot

Amazing Member

Nadia Is a Gem.

I thought she came from an unused story idea for Bumblebee from DC. I may be wrong
    Unstoppable Wasp's G.I.R.L. set up did, the idea had originally been pitched to DC for both Bumblebee and Power Girl II, but Nadia had already been introduced in All-New All-Different Avengers before Whitley pitched the idea to Marvel. All it would've needed is a few name replacements from the Bumblebee plan - Nadia instead of Karen, Pym Labs instead of Star Labs, etc.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Unstoppable Wasp's G.I.R.L. set up did, the idea had originally been pitched to DC for both Bumblebee and Power Girl II, but Nadia had already been introduced in All-New All-Different Avengers before Whitley pitched the idea to Marvel. All it would've needed is a few name replacements from the Bumblebee plan - Nadia instead of Karen, Pym Labs instead of Star Labs, etc.
    Ok thanks. So you think she probably wouldn't have been made without the MCU changing things?

Correct. If Ant-Man had starred a young Hank and Janet instead of aging them up, using Scott and creating Hope, then the comics would never have introduced Nadia. The movie was made with Hope, so the comics introduced Nadia in an FCBD issue then added her to the Avengers team, launching her solo book after Civil War II, and then sticking her in Champions when the Avengers book relaunched. What I think happened is that DC turned down the Bumblebee solo book pitch, around the same time that plans were being made to introduced Nadia in the Marvel comics. So when Marvel were looking for something to push the new Wasp with, they took it on. Unlike DC at the time, Marvel were actively marketing books to the kids market, and Unstoppable Wasp would end up lining up alongside Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, and Ms. Marvel.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman