Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Since everyone else is doing Mother's Day...Happy Mother's Day to Janet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Since everyone else is doing Mother's Day...Happy Mother's Day to Janet.
    (Sorry Maria :P).

Although it's kind of ironic she probably could pass as Jan's biological daughter

That makes sense though, as Janet is actually supposed to look like a younger version of Maria. It's mentioned way back in Tales to Astonish #44.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Correct. If Ant-Man had starred a young Hank and Janet instead of aging them up, using Scott and creating Hope, then the comics would never have introduced Nadia. The movie was made with Hope, so the comics introduced Nadia in an FCBD issue then added her to the Avengers team, launching her solo book after Civil War II, and then sticking her in Champions when the Avengers book relaunched. What I think happened is that DC turned down the Bumblebee solo book pitch, around the same time that plans were being made to introduced Nadia in the Marvel comics. So when Marvel were looking for something to push the new Wasp with, they took it on. Unlike DC at the time, Marvel were actively marketing books to the kids market, and Unstoppable Wasp would end up lining up alongside Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, and Ms. Marvel.
    SMDH @ DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They just took the name, but I guess the antagonistic role she started out in the movie with was a nod to that?
    Possibly. Depends on how much the movie, especially Hope's role, was re written after Edgar was left. I heard Hope's role was expanded in the Reed version and you can tell that the Janet sub plot in the first Ant-Man was a last minute addition to the script.

Evangeline Lilly #waspworkout After two years of illness, injury and slow and gentle recovery, it is time, once again, for me to turn my sights back to Wasp. Quantumania here I come...even if I have to hobble to get there!

MarvelStudios is reportedly casting a 9-12 year old female actress to play a leading character in #AntManAndTheWaspQuantumania!

Ultimate Member

Who would that be?

9-12 year old girl? The only characters who come to mind who are that age in the comics are Lunella Lafayette aka Moon Girl (Devil Dinosaur's partner), Katie Power aka Energizer (from Power Pack), and Gabby Kinney aka Scout (X-23's younger clone). None of those seem to fit here though. So do you think they're creating a de-aged version of Nadia? Who I guess would have to be the product of an affair Hank had while Janet was lost, rather than being the child of a previous wife like in the comics, because otherwise she'd be aged up, not down.

The only other thing I can think of is flashbacks of Cassie back in the first two films - the original actress would be too old for that now, and they might want to retcon her as always having been blonde.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    9-12 year old girl? The only characters who come to mind who are that age in the comics are Lunella Lafayette aka Moon Girl (Devil Dinosaur's partner), Katie Power aka Energizer (from Power Pack), and Gabby Kinney aka Scout (X-23's younger clone). None of those seem to fit here though. So do you think they're creating a de-aged version of Nadia? Who I guess would have to be the product of an affair Hank had while Janet was lost, rather than being the child of a previous wife like in the comics, because otherwise she'd be aged up, not down.

The only other thing I can think of is flashbacks of Cassie back in the first two films - the original actress would be too old for that now, and they might want to retcon her as always having been blonde.
    The role is calling for open ethnicity, so it can’t be flashbacks of Jan, Hope, or Cassie.

Maybe possibly, a Princess of the Quantum Realm?

For a second I thought it was Nadia or a time shifted Hope.

Also, Nadia is notably absent in the Pride covers as she identifies as Asexual but is nowhere in the previews, it's sadly likely the Sam Maggs novel might be considered as non canon.

A new #AntMan3 behind-the-scenes photo has been shared by director MrPeytonReed
    , offering a first look at "The Volume" Stagecraft technology being used for the #MCU film!

Welcome to The Volume.
    QUANTUMANIA Prep
    Pinewood Studios, Iver Heath
    May 2021

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I don't think the kid they're casting for Quantumania is Nadia. Mostly for obvious reasons (Hope is essentially Nadia, so I don't think we're getting a second version of that character in the MCU), but also because the casting description doesn't really fit Nadia. Why would they need someone with comedy, dancing AND singing skills to play her? Seems like they are looking for a very specific type of character that's going to be a part of a performance of some kind on the comedic side of the film. I don't see how Nadia would fit in that. It seems more likely that it's an original character.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Also, Nadia is notably absent in the Pride covers as she identifies as Asexual but is nowhere in the previews, it's sadly likely the Sam Maggs novel might be considered as non canon.
    Yeah, I've seen some people complaining about the lack of Nadia on the Pride special, but I don't really blame the creators for not thinking of her when she was never stated to be ace in the 616 universe and her novel might not be common knowledge. That's on Marvel and their editors for not making it clearer in the comics.

PaulRudd gave me this bag, and I’m takin it out tonight