Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Nadia/Hope Van Dyne: The Unstoppable Wasp Appreciation 2021

So I opted to combine Nadia and Hope's threads because to not clog the forums plus Nadia is Hope is Russian so...yeah.

2020 was a rough one for both but only because they weren't in much books or projects aside from game pop ups.

New Year, New Thread and they are unstoppable.

Happy New Year to Nadia .

(Looking forward to her being sprung from the slammer).

While the MCU's Hope and 616's Nadia are very different (by necessity - Hank is younger in the comics so his daughter had to be as well), they are counterparts. And no other MCU character has their own thread separate from their comic counterpart. So you probably made a good call there mreddie.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

As long as there’s no Nadia/Scott shipping

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    As long as there’s no Nadia/Scott shipping
    I can't see that working in the comics for a variety of reasons.

Yeah, from what little we've seen, I'd say Scott and Nadia have more of an uncle/niece style relationship instead.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So given that Nadia’s appearance seems at least somewhat modeled after Hope, do you think that they’d change up her hairstyle considering that Hope’s has since her original appearance?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So given that Nadia’s appearance seems at least somewhat modeled after Hope, do you think that they’d change up her hairstyle considering that Hope’s has since her original appearance?
    If anything the bob cut makes her standout more.

Agreed, she has been drawn with long hair in Avengers, but that seems to be an artist mistake. The bob cut doesn't just reference Hope, but Janet as well, since she also had a bob originally. Longer hair would be impractical for Nadia anyway because of her helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Agreed, she has been drawn with long hair in Avengers, but that seems to be an artist mistake. The bob cut doesn't just reference Hope, but Janet as well, since she also had a bob originally. Longer hair would be impractical for Nadia anyway because of her helmet.
    I mean, women with long hair wear helmets, just look at current Hope in the MCU...

Mondo Poster Antman and Wasp

Evangeline Lilly/ Antman 3 and Hope Interview

I find myself against this tough, mean girl thing. Which is very interesting, because at the beginning of my career I put a lot of effort into it. He said Kate was going to be a tough girl. She is going to be at the height of all the boys. She will be capable and strong. And then all this massive change in the industry happened. Suddenly these characters were everywhere. I guess I must be a natural contrarian. Because I find myself saying "well, wait a minute." We are all so fragile and vulnerable and small and soft. And I find myself saying, "Woah, it's not about us just being men with boobs." What does it mean to be a woman? That question of what it means to be a woman is extremely important right now. What I think is crucial is that we are exploring that right now through our stories, I am very excited. I can't reveal anything, but I think, and it's my hunch, that I may have manifested something to that effect within the Marvel world with Hope van Dyne. Because I think the direction we are taking with her can be very satisfying for me in that sense.

Last edited by juan678; 02-15-2021 at 05:14 AM.

Evangeline Lilly confirms filming for Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania this summer.